MODERN BRIDES OF THE WORLD UNITE - VOTE FOR ME!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 238

WoostaBride Posts : 220 Registered: 6/8/09
Re: MODERN BRIDES OF THE WORLD UNITE - VOTE FOR ME!
Posted: Jul 29, 2009 12:45 AM Go to message in response to: MuffinB

Are you fucking serious? You sure got me on that one...

Knoxvegas Posts : 951 Registered: 9/12/07
Posted: Jul 29, 2009 12:46 AM Go to message in response to: MuffinB

May I? I thought I would ask first because there appears to be a pre-requisite for having an opinion on this thread. I do not wish to offend.

But I will give the same advice I gave a bride on another thread this evening.

Woosta,

I am very willing to give any new bride a chance, even if the first post is less than desirable. I was one of those posters that came on my first day and asked a question that came across as very selfish and a little bitchy. I ended up getting into a fight with a very dear poster (who I now consider a friend). After a while, and some innocuous posts on other threads, I tried again. And I have had a great experience since then. I have found these boards to be very helpful and the women to be both encouraging and blunt at the same time.

That being said, I was very willing to get to know you after the first post. I actually read the entire thread hoping that this first post was just another of those that would end up being a misunderstanding or just a bad day. This happens sometimes, especially when a thread is resurrected after the issue is resolved.

Well, I am sorry to say that I was wrong in this instance. I apologize if that is mean. I do not mean to be.

The best way to make a point is to argue the issue. I tell my students: Debate issues, not people. A personal attack only weakens what you wish to convey. I will go ahead and state that you have engaged in this since the first post and have only made it worse by continuing to attack other posters under the guise of sticking up for another poster.

I will not do this. I stand on my own and I disagree with your methods. It has nothing to do with my relationship with any other poster (I really do not have those to begin with- I appreciate them but I do not assume anything).

Please take this at face value and do not use my words as an excuse to continue to abuse other posters with your poorly chosen words.

Thank you.

"Love is not a matter of counting the years -- it's making the years count."

-Wolfman Jack Smith

Posted: Jul 29, 2009 12:52 AM Go to message in response to: CaribbeanBride08

Catstandish, phartoxgirl, caribbeanbride08, heidibride30, kelleyiskelley,cyndi33 and kennysoldwife:

Wow, you ladies really do get around!! Way to give it to that girl having wedding party problems!! Of cooooourse you're not a clique...how silly of me!!

You are actually like a giant pack of weasels. Funny thing about weasels......

Weasels are the supreme evil in the animal kingdom. They were spawned by Lucifer as he was cast out of heaven for getting too weisenheimerly. Weasels made up the devil's elite cadré of demons, plaguing mankind with their devious antics. The first weasels were gigantic, wreaking havoc wherever they went. It was not until the day of Moses that he was able to vanquish the weasels in an ultimate showdown, and banish Israel to a desert for forty years. Weasels are characterized by their duplicitous wiles, and have dragged many a Christian soul to the depths of depravity and ruin. This ultimate evil is housed in a relatively cute, fluffy body, yet another proof of its malevolence. Weasels possess the unholy powers of flight, laser beams, fire breath, the ability to mis-quote Oscar Wilde, and skeletonizing a cow in less than a minute.

Weasels are rat bastards. Not to be confused with a ferret or stoat, weasels are vicious baby-eating devils that are ironically cute as a button. Despite how aesthetically pleasing they look, they will chase you down while you're hiking in the woods and God knows "what-else" they'll do to you and your family. Oscar Wilde once said, "An economy is weak without virtue, but weasels will kill you." Weasels are one of the most adored animals in the world, most certainly due to weasel propaganda, such as "Pop goes the Weasel" and the doped up weasel on Looney Toons, but make no mistake, a weasel is NOT your friend. You could waste time reading where weasels live, but rather, just know that they can be 'anywhere', at 'any time.' So don't let your baby go out in the woods by itself unless you don't want it to come back.

Keep up the good work!

Posted: Jul 29, 2009 12:57 AM Go to message in response to: Knoxvegas

I appreciate your position, but......I have been attacking THEM throughout this post? I admit, my second post was pretty straightforwardly rude (which I did with full intention), but since then I have been defending myself against their low blows to me. I'm not attacking them for standing up for anyone, but I am protecting my own will at the same time. They have continued to be rude, and thus I have continued to not just sit there and take it. I don't run with my tail between my legs from disagreement...I will take it and give it as good as the rest of them, and I don't believe that should be labeled as attacking. Please rethink.

MuffinB Posts : 778 Registered: 7/13/07
Posted: Jul 29, 2009 1:01 AM Go to message in response to: WoostaBride

HEY! I wanna be a weasel too! No fair.

Posted: Jul 29, 2009 1:06 AM Go to message in response to: MuffinB

Sure!!! Sorry!!!

Knoxvegas Posts : 951 Registered: 9/12/07
Posted: Jul 29, 2009 1:06 AM Go to message in response to: WoostaBride

Thank you for replying.

Name calling is an attack. Yes, I know there was name calling on both sides. But it does not help one's argument to continue on and turn it into this. I do not know why you felt the need to resurrect this thread for this purpose. Sarcasm is lost on the internet (I use emoticons for clarification quite a bit).

Reverting to cursing out other brides members and other names is not in the best interest of whatever it is you were trying to prove. This could have been cleared up pages ago, but you chose not to let it go.

The purpose is still unclear to me.

"Love is not a matter of counting the years -- it's making the years count."

-Wolfman Jack Smith

Posted: Jul 29, 2009 1:25 AM Go to message in response to: Knoxvegas

I wasn't intentionally resurrecting this thread...unfortunately being new to this whole thing I failed to notice the date of the original post. I will not apologize, however, for my first post. I felt that they were being mean spirited, and I meant it. That original post was in no way any more mean, direct, or condescending than many posts that I have seen on here. Yes, after backlash from that first posting I reacted in a bold way. Again, I do not apologize. My reason was to make a point, and even if that wasn't received well by the others, I still did it. Why don't you pose the question of "why haven't I let this go yet" to all of the other women posting in this thread as well, for we are all guilty of continuing this charade. And by the looks of the way things are going in other posts, I'm not the only one within their grips.....
Plus, I think it's kind of funny to see how far these girls will go......Fortunately I have the flu, and the time off has allowed me to fully emprace this circus...It's like opening a present on Christmas Day each time I see a new message appear :)

Posted: Jul 29, 2009 1:28 AM Go to message in response to: Knoxvegas

Pretty kitty by the way. Beautiful green eyes!

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Jul 29, 2009 7:37 AM Go to message in response to: WoostaBride

Woosa: Wow, you ladies really do get around!! Way to give it to that girl having wedding party problems!! Of cooooourse you're not a clique...how silly of me!!

You are actually like a giant pack of weasels. Funny thing about weasels......

Weasels are the supreme evil in the animal kingdom. They were spawned by Lucifer as he was cast out of heaven for getting too weisenheimerly. Weasels made up the devil's elite cadré of demons, plaguing mankind with their devious antics. The first weasels were gigantic, wreaking havoc wherever they went. It was not until the day of Moses that he was able to vanquish the weasels in an ultimate showdown, and banish Israel to a desert for forty years. Weasels are characterized by their duplicitous wiles, and have dragged many a Christian soul to the depths of depravity and ruin. This ultimate evil is housed in a relatively cute, fluffy body, yet another proof of its malevolence. Weasels possess the unholy powers of flight, laser beams, fire breath, the ability to mis-quote Oscar Wilde, and skeletonizing a cow in less than a minute.

Weasels are rat bastards. Not to be confused with a ferret or stoat, weasels are vicious baby-eating devils that are ironically cute as a button. Despite how aesthetically pleasing they look, they will chase you down while you're hiking in the woods and God knows "what-else" they'll do to you and your family. Oscar Wilde once said, "An economy is weak without virtue, but weasels will kill you." Weasels are one of the most adored animals in the world, most certainly due to weasel propaganda, such as "Pop goes the Weasel" and the doped up weasel on Looney Toons, but make no mistake, a weasel is NOT your friend. You could waste time reading where weasels live, but rather, just know that they can be 'anywhere', at 'any time.' So don't let your baby go out in the woods by itself unless you don't want it to come back.

Keep up the good work!

Well , its official. You have clearly lost your freakin mind. Weasles??? Really? As amusing as this last post was, you continue to be completely offbase. Now youre bringing other threads into this already pointless attack on us? Cmon. Im beginning to wonder if you can read, because CLEARLY it was the OP in that thread who was the "weasel", to use your term, not anyone else. She was given advice by several people, good advice..and she flipped out , caling one poster a b**tch and completely overreacting. That is all that happened. You are really trying way too hard to prove how horrible and mean we all are. Not only are you failing to do so, but each time you try, you look even more desperate and continue to make YOURSELF look bad in the process.

I dont understand the purpose of your posts anymore. Any sane person would comprehend that overreacting to an already dead thread , then following that up with disgusting and insulting pictures directed at two specific posters is not a smart way to start on any message board. An intelligent person would understand this, and their next step would be to apoligize and then move on to other threads. Not only have you not done that, but now you almost seem proud of what you said, saying "I will not apoligize" , and continously adding more fuel to the fire you lit in the first place. Now, it is much too late for any kind of apology, because it would be completely insincere and not genuine. Once you pretty much call someone fat and/or ugly and use sick pictures to mock them AND the people IN those pictures you posted, for me, there is really no turning back from that. To me, you are like someone who makes a racist or bigoted comment ...then comes back and tries to justify why you did it over and over. (this is a comparison...Im not caling you a racist.) They can make all the excuses they want -- they are still a racist. If you had apoligized and I felt it was sincere in the beginning, I MIGHT be able to look past it. But now, you have showwn your true colors, and like the racist is a racist ... youre just kind of a jerk. You are a person who , when frustrated or angry, goes right to the "fat/ugly" comments. Thats not clever. Thats not creative. Its just really ugly.

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com  

See our funny Wedding Wed-isode @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OokYNI91ztU&NR=1

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for standup comedy clips,sketches,and more @ www.youtube.com/kelleyfunnylady

Co-Founder and Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People.

"Children are just like adults, minus the crushing failure." - Stephen Colbert

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Jul 29, 2009 8:02 AM Go to message in response to: WoostaBride

Ah... it's clear now. Wootsa has the flu... and is clearly delierious. That's nice to know, because right now, she's thinking like a Bridezilla and siding with a girl who thinks her fiance is out of line for telling her that he will not kick his own brother out of the wedding party just so she can have even numbers.

She asked us if she was right or if she was a bridezilla. When she got COURTEOUS responses from the forum, she went on a bitchfest and attacked many people, simply because they didn't say "no, you're not a bridezilla. You are absolutely right to tell your fiance that his brother needs to go"... much like you have done here. (And do not tell me we attacked you. You started this little debacle, and rather than ever apologizing, you kept trying to justify your behaviour.)

While I really DO hope you get over your flu quickly, perhaps you ought revisit posting until you're feeling better. Maybe you will think more clearly at that time.

Misty

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Jul 29, 2009 8:03 AM Go to message in response to: WoostaBride

Wow, I managed to get called a weasel and a bitch in one day - and I was only enjoying popcorn on this thread, I didn't even express an opinion.

But I see I'm part of a clique - that pre-requisite must be the number of posts each of us have.

BTW - at least SPELL my name right next time or shorten it appropriately - PharmToxGirl, Pharm or PTG.

Heidibride30 Posts : 1,201 Registered: 4/16/08
Posted: Jul 29, 2009 9:23 AM Go to message in response to: WoostaBride

OK, I know I said I was done, but since I have now been called a weasel, I did feel the need to defend myself. This is what I said in the "Am I right or am I a Bridezilla" thread.

Anita, to answer your original question...you are NOT right, and you are being a bridezilla.

You were completely out of line calling people names when they were just trying to help. FYI, my wedding is in less than 2 months, but you don't see me spouting off at people that are trying to help me. I have 4 BM's and 2 GM. So not a big deal. It is more important to me that we have the people that we care about stand up for us than to have even numbers.

To put this into context, I posted this after people very nicely responded to Anita that she was overreacting and should not kick her FH's brother out of the wedding party because of his wife. No one was rude to her in any way. She then called the people who responded to her bitches because they did not agree with her. That was my reply to her. I called her a Bridezilla because she flew off the handle at 2 people who were not unkind at all. So please explain to me where I was nasty or rude? Where was I a "weasel"? Again, if you can find a quote where I was mean, nasty, rude or "degrading" in that thread, I challenge you to post it. You didn't have much luck with that yesterday in this thread, maybe you'll have more luck today.

Proud member and S.C.A.T. of POOP - People Offended by Offended People

Soon2bWellsFargo Posts : 125 Registered: 4/29/09
Posted: Jul 29, 2009 9:46 AM Go to message in response to: WoostaBride

I understand what you were doing with your first post and I might have done something similar if I thought a fellow bride was being attacked. I read the entire thread and I see where they might have seemed a little harsh but I think maybe you came on a little strong in your initial post. The Young ladies who started this thread was not as upset by their responses as you were and they were directed at her. In defending someone who didn't even require defending you have managed to piss off a lot of the regulars. That is so sad some of them have been so nice to me.

Woostabride I know what it is like to be on the receiving end of a tongue lashing on this message board believe me I have received more than one. From some of these same ladies as a matter of fact. At the same time some of these very ladies had my back. Kelley and kennys both were right there defending me and giving me the benefit of the doubt when Auntofthebride and others were attacking me.

Believe me I am not a part of any clique especially not this one but at least I am not persona non grata. Your comment about them attacking the other girl was so not true. I read that one too I didn't respond because it was not necessary to do so. If I had I would have said the same thing the girl was wrong to even suggest that her fiance ask his own brother to step down so that the her brother in law could remain in the wedding party to keep the sides even. You should never ask a person to choose between a sibling and a stranger. That is just not right.

What has been going on here is bad but it can still salvaged if you allow it to be.

Daddy's Little Girl

wedding websites

ToyToy09 Posts : 224 Registered: 6/3/09
Posted: Jul 29, 2009 10:00 AM Go to message in response to: kennysoldwife

Kennys wrote...

I'm sure you will make an interesting playmate for someone. Toytoy seems to have befriended you. I am sure my friends find me an interesting playmate why don't you ask them? I suppose that was rude too.

LOL! I'm 28-years-old, so I'm pretty certain I won't make a very good 'playmate'. HOWEVER, I am open to chatting with Woosta about anything and everything wedding related! I do not limit that invitation to Woosta alone, but SURE!!! I'm all for it :D I do agree that...if Woosta sticks around long enough she can make friends IF that is her intention. Or she may just be like me...in need of some advice, tips, and ideas from fellow brides-to-be and wise wives. Its refreshing to know that someone else wants to choke a bridesmaid from time to time or that someone else is interested in ordering the same dress as me. WOOSTA, I hope you are able to get that out of BRIDES.COM too. I can personally say that it really is useful information.
Created by Wedding Favors

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine