Pronovias Harlem anyone??

Online Users: 1,377 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 28

AnnaBanana27 Posts : 11 Registered: 3/13/09
Pronovias Harlem anyone??
Posted: Jun 28, 2009 12:16 AM

Hi ladies! I bought my dress about a month ago, Pronovias Harlem, and am just wondering if anyone else is wearing this dress!! If you are do you mind posting them? I would love to see the dress on another person. Here are a couple of pics of me in the dress just for fun:)

dress1.jpg

mrslaytay Posts : 3 Registered: 4/9/06
Re: Pronovias Harlem anyone??
Posted: Jul 13, 2009 12:14 AM Go to message in response to: AnnaBanana27

Hi! I just ordered my dress on Saturday. I didn't get any pictures of me in the dress but it's fun to have a dress twin! Thanks for sharing the pics. I am going back with bridesmaids and I hope to get them to let me take pictures of me in the sample now that I've bought it. We'll see. ;)

I tried it on with a cathedral veil that was stunning but I can't decide if I should maybe do one a little shorter like the one you have on in your second picture. Have you decided on anything else to go with the dress?

Posted: Jul 19, 2009 12:42 AM Go to message in response to: mrslaytay

YAY!!! Im so excited to find another girl wearing this dress!! The veil I have on is as long as the train of the dress...is that cathedral or chapel? I have no idea, I always get confussed with those two:) I think either way a longer one or one the length of the one Im wearing will work.

As far as other stuff, I am working on that. I know I want to wear a flower in my hair, some pearl drop earrings and a bracelet. I have actually contacted Haute Bride and they are custom making some jewelry for me. If you haven't yet, check out their website. They have some beautiful stuff:)

Is there any way you could either post pics or email me some pics when you get them? I hope that doesn't sound weird, I just love the dress and would love to see it on another real person and not the model! Just let me know if you don't mind doing that and I will give you my email!

Congrats on finding the one!:)

bluedaisies28 Posts : 2 Registered: 1/4/09
Posted: Jul 23, 2009 10:03 PM Go to message in response to: AnnaBanana27

I just bought my Harlem last weekend! Thanks for sharing your pictures, I wish it were easier to find real people in dresses! Here's a picture of me (I'm adding the flower myself):

DSCF0187 by you.

I haven't chosen my veil yet but I think it's going to be very simple and medium length (20")

Posted: Jul 24, 2009 1:06 AM Go to message in response to: bluedaisies28

It looks awesome with the flower!! How cute! I might have to do that myself...:) Thanks for posting your dress and when I go for my first fitting i'll post some more. Congrats!!

Posted: Jul 26, 2009 1:47 AM Go to message in response to: AnnaBanana27

Yay! I will definitely post pictures if they let me take some when I go back this month with bridesmaids. My dress will be in in October! I think I'm going to do a cathedral veil. It was a little longer than the train.

My mom would love for me to wear a broach on the left hip area. I doubt that will happen but the flower idea is pretty! I probably won't wear a necklace but I'm still looking for the right earrings. I'm going to look at Haute Bride right now.

My wedding is in January so I am also looking for something to go over the dress. The only thing I've found so far that will look right is a little lace bolero. Do you girls know what shoes you are going to wear/look for?

I love our dress so much! I wish I was wearing it right now! :) It looks so great on both of you! Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Posted: Jul 29, 2009 12:43 AM Go to message in response to: mrslaytay

Can't wait to see the pics Mrs.Laytay!! Defintly try to sneak some in:) I have actually been emailing back and forth with Lindsie the owner of Haute Bride about possibly doing some custom jewelry for me. Her jewelry is STUNNING!! A little expensive but you only get married right?

As far as the bolero goes...check out Bonzie on Etsy. She makes gorgeous boleros. I will be getting married in May so I don't think I will be needing one of those:) I ordered apple green heels from Nina and I can't wait for them to come in!! You should check that site out too if you haven't yet, they have a ton of cute shoes.

Love our dress and can't wait to see more pics!!

potts2b Posts : 1 Registered: 7/30/09
Posted: Jul 30, 2009 12:22 PM Go to message in response to: AnnaBanana27

My Pronovias Harlem will be in at the end of October! It's so funny that you want to see pictures, because I just googled the dress so I could see real pictures and found this post! I've never even been on the brides.com website.

I miss the dress so much I can't wait to try it on again :) I can't decide if I want to add anything to it. I love how perfectly simple it is, but I also love the flower idea. I also held up a broach to the sweetheart center or the hip where the fabric is gathered and it was beautiful.

I will post pics when it comes in!

Posted: Jul 30, 2009 3:07 PM Go to message in response to: potts2b

YAY for another girl wearing Harlem!!! We all have great taste:) Post pics when you get them!!!

Posted: Jul 30, 2009 11:03 PM Go to message in response to: AnnaBanana27

Thanks for the recommendations Anna! I think I'm going to wear my hair down and I cannot figure out what kind of earrings to get! I don't usually wear earrings so it's hard for me because I have no idea what to look for. I miss our dress! Unfortunately I have to wait to go back for a whole month! It's so neat to me that we all picked the same dress. :) Last time I looked I couldn't find it on their website (or I missed it) and my mom was all excited because she decided that meant the dress was less popular.

Posted: Jul 30, 2009 11:28 PM Go to message in response to: mrslaytay

Oh my gosh you ladies are gonna love me!! I found a girl's wedding website that wore Harlem in her wedding and she has all her pro pics up!! It's awesome, here's the web address:

http://knottieggmae.weebly.com/

Sorry it wouldn't let me post a direct link. This makes me even more excited about the dress!!! I checked the Pronovias website too and couldn't find any pics! Weird! Oh well, Im glad we found this dress!!:)

StephShar Posts : 1 Registered: 7/31/09
Posted: Jul 31, 2009 7:46 PM Go to message in response to: AnnaBanana27

Hi Everyone! I literally got just got home from the bridal salon 10 minutes ago and am google searching to find this Pronovias Harlem dress.....it's not on the website so I'm glad I found this picture of you in it b/c I bought it and don't have any pics and my friends want to see it. It looks gorgeous on you! I tried on about 50 dresses today and this was the only one I LOVED!!

LaurK Posts : 5 Registered: 8/27/09
Posted: Aug 27, 2009 9:32 PM Go to message in response to: StephShar

I too am wearing Harlem! Our wedding is 5/30/10. Thank you so much for finding that blog w/ the dress. Her wedding day is actually mine but a year before. I don't have pictures of me in the dress yet. I actually ordered a beaded sash to go with mine. When I have pictures I'll post.

Posted: Aug 31, 2009 12:56 AM Go to message in response to: LaurK

Oooo...where did you get the sash from? I was actually thinking of doing something like that...

LaurK Posts : 5 Registered: 8/27/09
Posted: Aug 31, 2009 11:02 AM Go to message in response to: AnnaBanana27

I got it from the bridal salon where I ordered my dress. The sash is from Marissa. I really love it but I'm also worried that because the sash is a different fabric (I think it's organza) that it isn't going to match as well as I thought it did when I ordered. The lady at the shop told me the sample I was looking at was just a little dingy/dirty from being handled so much. I can't attach pictures b/c I am at work right now but I do have some of the dress and sash at home. I will try to remember to do that tonight.

Bluedaisies28 - Where did you get the flower from? It looks like it matches so well, is it the same fabric as the dress? It looks very "romantic" and if my sash doesn't work out I may want to do something like that! Please let me know, thanks!!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine