THE MOVIE THREAD ( Fav quotes, Reviews, discussions, etc...)

Online Users: 1,296 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 265

DoesntPlayNice Posts : 809 Registered: 12/17/08
Re: THE MOVIE THREAD ( Fav quotes, Reviews, discussions, etc...)
Posted: Jun 23, 2009 11:06 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

I know I am a little behind on the whole Hangover discussion...but Pinky and I just saw it this past weekend. OMG that movie was hilarious! I laughed the whole way through.

SPOILER ALERT

My favorite part is when they are waiting for their car from the Valet and they show up with the police car!

Previously Posted as Military Bride.

CEO of E.N.E.M.A. (Enemy Negotiations & Extraction Military Agency) A special Division of P.O.O.P. (People Offended by Offended People)

When POOP can't do it alone....they call for the ENEMA.

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Jun 23, 2009 11:58 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Kel - No problem. I understand. There's not even anything violent in the movie, it's just hard subject material and they DON'T varnish it. I'm still not sure that I like the movie but the performances were incredible. There's a LOT of music through out it - and that was a little off putting even though I understand why (It didn't bother me so much but my other friend HATED it.).

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Jun 23, 2009 6:04 PM Go to message in response to: DoesntPlayNice

I had so much fun seeing the Hangover with DPN...that movie was soooooo funny. One of my fav parts was when they're all waking up and the one guys sits on the burning chair. It's probably not funny to ANYONE else but me but here's why:

The night Richard and I met his BFF, Stephen, caught my mattress on fire and we all were DRUNK as fuck and were trying to put it out with an extinguisher which I don't think any of us had used before. I'm freaking because I think my mom's gunna KILL me and I've seen shows where people die from mattress fires because they fire is inside the mattress and they didn't know. So after we "think" the firey mattress is extinguished I'm not convinced and have the guys drag it outside.

When I saw the part in the movie where he site on the burning chair I just thought about that night and thought it was halirous. They never explain it of course, it's just a drunken night saga...ha ha GREAT movie.

DID EVERYONE KNOW THEY ARE MAKING A HANGOVER 2???? ha ha Can't wait for that one!

Mrs. Pinky

Photobucket

Keyholder of the TP Cabinet of P.O.O.P.

Posted: Jun 24, 2009 8:46 AM Go to message in response to: mrspinky

Pinky that IS hilarious!

I also liked the tiger in the bathroom LOL "There's a fucking tiger in the bathroom!"

CEO of E.N.E.M.A. (Enemy Negotiations & Extraction Military Agency) A special Division of P.O.O.P. (People Offended by Offended People)

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Jun 24, 2009 9:46 AM Go to message in response to: DoesntPlayNice

Has anyone else seen UP? Forgot to say I saw it the other day, by myself, on purpose. Why? Because I heard from a freind its an emotional movie and whenever I know I might bawl like an infant , I go by myself because I hate doing that in front of people I know, its embarassing lol. So anyway, GREAT movie. Its about life, and death, and dealing with both, and yes, its animated, and I always feel like a tool crying from a cartoon. But dammit, its a good movie. Really good.

So DPn and Pinky,this was the first time you met in person? Details, what was it like, did you do lunch or anything besides the movie? Its fun meeting people from the boards. I love it.

Now I just have to see Away We Go, which I heard is excellent. I love Maya Rudolph.

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com  

See our funny Wedding Wed-isode @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OokYNI91ztU&NR=1

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for standup comedy clips,sketches,and more @ www.youtube.com/kelleyfunnylady

Co-Founder and Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People.

"Children are just like adults, minus the crushing failure." - Stephen Colbert

Posted: Jun 24, 2009 11:31 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Yes it was the first time but I had so much fun! We went to see Hangover and then went to a comedy club! Let me make sure its okay with Pinky first before I post the pictures!

We didn't get to talk that much because of the settings we were in but we are having a margarita night at my house on friday!

luvathena Posts : 929 Registered: 12/10/07
Posted: Jun 24, 2009 2:37 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

I saw UP Kel- we saw it in 3D-which was kind of cool. I loved it. Of course, I got tearful. And my dh, who doesn't like animated movies (he calls them cartoons) , like it too. It's really wonderful.

Posted: Jun 24, 2009 2:58 PM Go to message in response to: DoesntPlayNice

Ha ha that WAS funny DPN, I'd be like "no there's not." ha ha LOVED IT! I wanna see it again!

Mrs. Pinky

Photobucket

Posted: Jul 6, 2009 11:39 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Dh and I rented Gran Turino last night. Loved it. Some parts totally cliche, but Clint Eastwood completely pulls it off and is hilarious. Sort of an archie bunker type character he plays, and I loved how they toyed with and dealt with racial stereotypes in the movie. Really good movie.

Speaking of movies, my good friend Kevin is writing a screenplay right now, an independant film. He is a "geek" (into superheros. comic strips etc) and wrote one, created a character awhile back called The unexciting Adventures of Unemplyed Skeletor. I was in it . It was basically about the comic superhero Skeletor, who had gotten fat and cant find a jobin modern day society. It was a funny movie and was shown at a local NJ theatre we rented. This time though, he created a character totally on his own, and we will be filming the trailor for it this August. He is hoping to sell it to producers, we will be shopping around this fall. He got on Spike TV last year with Skeletor as their presentor at the Comic Con ,walked red carpet interviewing celebs... so he made some good connections... anyway, in this movie I play Ms Pantela, a transexual superhero lol. the movie is REALLY funny, and Im totally not into geek stuff at all. It sort of mocks 80s action films and 80s movies in general. Im really excited to start filming it and hope we can get some interest. the main character is called Lava-Roid, and fire shoots from his Ass. Good times.

See our funny Wedding Wed-isode @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OokYNI91ztU&NR=1

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for standup comedy clips,sketches,and more @ www.youtube.com/kelleyfunnylady

Posted: Jul 6, 2009 1:18 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Here are the teaser trailor posters for the movie Im in...LAVAROID.....
Notice my name as cast member.... sooo freakin cool....

luvathena Posts : 929 Registered: 12/10/07
Posted: Jul 7, 2009 5:29 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Kelley! That is so cool!!!

Posted: Jul 7, 2009 5:42 PM Go to message in response to: luvathena

Thank you Luva. It really IS cool. Im excited about it. My friend kevin, the creator and star of the movie, is so talented and needs some good news right now (hes the one whose mom just died last month suddenly )... and so we are all really pulling for this movie to go somewhere, get picked up by a production company etc. We are putting out the trailor in late August and then he will shop it aorund to see if there is interest to help fund /produce it and then we will see what happens. The good news is he has a lot of connections through the comic strip world, and Spike TV used him before as their red carpet rep, so they have interest in this new character.

Posted: Jul 12, 2009 11:27 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

So, I finally joined NETFLIX!!! Yay, Im excited. Got tired of the awful selection of movies on our cable/payperview, and each time we ordered one, it was $4.99 or more for ONE movie!!! Such a ripoff. So at least this way, I get a constant stream of movies coming in, and I get GOOD selections. I spent like an hour on there last night seting up my list,which so farhas about 25 movies on it. I signed up for a free trial session that then starts after one month , I got the one with 1 dvd out at a time, for unlimited movies ... Its amazing how manyclassic movies I have still never seen, so now I finally will. Some of theones Ill get getting firstare Donnie Brasco, Gone Baby Gone, 3:10 to Yuma, no country for old men, On the Waterfront, Rachel Getting Married, Mr Warmth,the Don rickles tribute/story, Midnight Cowboy, Arthur, and Crumb. SO EXCITED for moviewatching.

Posted: Jul 17, 2009 5:51 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Kelley - Do you think it's worth it? I've considered getting it too.

Mrs. Pinky

Photobucket

Posted: Jul 27, 2009 11:12 AM Go to message in response to: mrspinky

Pinky, so far its absolutely worth it, but Ive only had it for like 2weeks.... but we love it!!! We started with Donnie Brasco, which we loved. We mailed it back, they got it the next day, and the day after that we had our second selection in our hands. So the turnaround time is superfast, and its something like $8 a month for the plan we have, which is one movie out at a time, but you can do that an unlimited number of times. So right now our third movie is on the way, which is Gone Baby Gone. We should get it tomorrow. So in two weeks we will have already seen 3movies, so its already way less money than ordering them on stupid payperview. Plus the selection is a thousand times better. And we love to rent movies, and this is the easiest most convenient way to to do it. Im loving it so far.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine