What got you motivated?

Online Users: 1,276 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1,114

Sunshine80 Posts : 136 Registered: 8/8/08
Re: What got you motivated?
Posted: Jul 10, 2009 10:17 PM Go to message in response to: kensimzadi

Uh oh Kens, what's wrong sweetie? What's going on? You know you can come on here to vent to us whatever is going on for you....we've missed you!! Don't feel like you need to post about how your progress is going if that's not where you're at right now, we just want to be here to help you through whatever life brings up.......

kensimzadi Posts : 216 Registered: 7/28/08
Posted: Jul 11, 2009 2:46 AM Go to message in response to: Sunshine80

Oh honey, I'm fine. But goodness you are soooo sweet! I've come to the conclusion that I must be happy with my body the way it is, because I just haven't found the motivation to get out and do what would need to be done to lose some weight. I honestly only want to lose 20 pounds. Now, I could go into the epiphany I had earlier this week about why I'm so unmotivated, and this goes for EVERY ASPECT of my life, but I'm not gonna. We all have our baggage....I just need to put mine back on the carousel and hope someone else picks it up! But man I've missed posting on here, and misse all you gals! Love you all!

RebeccaFazzio Posts : 323 Registered: 10/28/07
Posted: Jul 11, 2009 12:10 PM Go to message in response to: Sunshine80

Hey Sunshine! haha...you'd think i'd be in crazy good shape with free access to the gym AND a wii fit and I promise...I really use to be in great shape. I loved working out and I'd go to the gym almost everyday but I don't know what happened. I suppose I got satisfied with how I looked and didn't think to keep it up.

I went to the gym everyday this week but thursday. (i was pretty much exhausted) I don't know what I weigh but I'm about to go upstairs and find out!

BRB!

Alright ladies, I weigh 122! Yikes...Highest weight ever (keep in mind the height...5'0)

I'm hoping to lose about 10 lbs! I have about 15 months to do and I am determined! I'll try and take before pictures soon so you see what I'm working with!

To love another person is to see the face of God.

http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/RebeccaIngram&ScottFazzio

Come see our wedding website!

wedding website

Edited by: RebeccaandScottFazzio on Jul 11, 2009 12:14 PM

Posted: Jul 14, 2009 10:53 PM Go to message in response to: RebeccaFazzio

Hey Ladies!

Just stopping in to share some great news....I've gone down a dress size! :) Or, I should say, I'm "between" dress sizes. Since I lost the weight I normally wear a 12 in all clothing....dresses, skirts, pants, jeans, etc. For my 6'1" frame, that's a slim size for me, it's what I wore when I was my slimmest in college. However, today when I was shopping for a dress for my rehearsal dinner, I brought a few size 10 dresses in as well to see. And they fit perfectly!!! And these were not stretchy or flowy or anything; they were tailored, fitted, structured size 10's, so I know it was the real deal! So I can still wear 12's as well for right now just depending on the designer and how their sizes run, and I am not a 10 in jeans/pants yet (I'd love that, by the way!) but this still felt like a big exciting leap :) Being as tall as I am, clothing size-wise I'd be thrilled with being a 10 across the board and staying there.

I have my first gown fitting on Thursday and I'm going to weigh in that morning because I want to know what weight I am at for this first fitting in order to make sure I stay at that or below that between now and the wedding (so that the dress fits!!), so on Thursday I'll know if I met my current goal or not :) I was shooting for 3 lbs down from last week, so here's hoping I can do it!

Keep up the good work girls, and Ash, Tanis, Muffin, let us know how you are doing when you get the chance!

TanisJ Posts : 2,669 Registered: 4/25/07
Posted: Jul 15, 2009 5:34 PM Go to message in response to: Sunshine80

Hi Ladies. HAPPY ONE YEAR! Sorry I am a bit late and haven't been around much. I've had a rough couple of weeks. My hard drive died and my one paying client is trying to get out of her contract, I didn't get the client in NY. Although my client I am working for, for free is delighted with me! lol.

Then my sisters FH passed away after a battle with cancer. That in itself is enough, but there has been buckets of family drama involving finances, planning and timing. My sister continues to make really bad decisions and is taking an already sad situation and turning it into a mess. Then my grandpa died a week after my sister's FH. He was 94, quite senile and in a home so his quality of life really wasn't all that.

I have continued to workout through all this. I haven't made as much progress through BL11 but my workouts are consistent and my food is fairly good. I can now leg press 600 pounds and I think I will be able to crack that 600 lb mark in a couple of weeks.

Sun good job! you must be tiny. I am happy at a 12 and really have to push it to get to a 10. I basically can't ever eat out if I want to be that size.

Rebecca welcome! I haven't been your size since about great 3. Seriously. I am also very jealous your FH has a gym! I am not sure how it would turn out if I was in that situations because I would always be asking him to buy new equipment.

Kens come back! And tell us whats going on.

FMS good job on keeping the thread going. Sorry you to had to post to yourself sometimes. I promise I will come around more. How was your shower? It sounds like you have really been kicking butt with your workouts.

FinallyMrsS Posts : 1,035 Registered: 3/29/08
Posted: Jul 16, 2009 1:13 AM Go to message in response to: TanisJ

Tanis- I am so sorry for all of the losses. I can't imagine what you are going through. I am sure working out is a good release for you. It gives you a time to get away from all of the drama.

The bridal shower was fun. FMIL, one of my sisters, and my aunt didn't come which bummed me out. But it was still a great day. There was a little bit of drama that day though. One of my BM had family in town this past weekend. So on Sat night they went to a concert and then to a bar. Well she got pretty drunk and was running and tripped on the curb. She was fine the rest of the night but when she woke up in the morning she couldn't walk on it. So she called my sister and said that she wasn't going to be able to make it bc she had to go to the ER. Well I was pretty upset. So one of my other BM decided to send her a text telling her she should come even if she is late because I really want her there. So my BM left the ER and came to the shower bawling her eyes out feeling awful that the whole thing happened. At least she came. Turns out too that she fractured her foot and has to wear a boot! Anyways... We didn't play any games, which I would have liked to have done, but my sister had me take a picture with each person as they came in. Then my other sister's boyfriend took the pics to Costco and printed them all out then put them in frames as a parting gift to everyone. He also printed a copy of all of the pictures for me. Here are just a few pictures... The first one is my sisters and I. The MOH is the one on the far left in the tube top dress. The second is some of my friends that I drove the the BS with. And then just Muah.

Happy year anniversary! Woo hoo! Lets keep it going!

wedding website

Posted: Jul 16, 2009 10:00 AM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsS

HEY GIRLS!!!

Ok, first I want to say that I'll need to come back on later to read and respond to Tanis and FMS's posts, because I am literally just jumping on here before I run out the door for my first gown fitting and so I don't want to read them until I have time to respond!! I am here to report some amazing news.....I just weighed in, and I am down 6 pounds from last week!! I know, that's crazy, but I was pretty hardcore this week...not in an unhealthy way, just a lot of my outdoor workouts and eating really clean foods, not much drinking, and some cleansing. I think that's what it took for my body to break that plateau it had hovered around for, oh, 6 MONTHS!!! Anyway, this means I made my goal and passed it. As of today, I have lost a total of 31 pounds since July of 2008 when I started shaping up for the wedding. I am THRILLED. As far as I am concerned, I can stay at this weight until the wedding and beyond. I still want to tone up and firm up, but as for weight loss, I am good to go. Now just to maintain it!

Thanks for all the support girls, I will be back later to read posts, check in and respond to people and also to report on the gown fitting!!

Posted: Jul 17, 2009 9:44 AM Go to message in response to: Sunshine80

Hey Ladies!

I am replying to myself but it's all good :) I just signed on now that I had a minute to read Tanis and FMS's posts, so I am back to respond! Tanis, I am so so SO sorry for the losses you and your family are going through. It sounds just awful, and I am sure very stressful for everyone involved. We all know what happens when a lot of stress and drama enters the family dynamic....super uncomfortable and often explosive! Best of luck getting through all of that, come on here often for support and definitely keep it up with your workouts because it sounds like that is helping you immensely. And way to go on your 600 pound leg press!! I don't even know what to say about that. You're essentially leg pressing about 4 people's body weight. Damn, girl. That's impressive.

FMS I am glad your shower was a lot of fun! I am sorry there was some drama and that maybe it wasn't 100% what you had hoped for, but in the end, I am glad you had a good time partying with your ladies anyway :) I hope your BM's foot is ok, what crappy timing! Your pictures are lovely, you look really cute and happy! Did you get great gifts that you had registered for?

As for me girls, I had my first fitting yesterday!! It went SO great. First of all, I am obviously pretty thrilled about meeting my original goal. My original goal when I started all of this a year ago was to lose 30 pounds before the wedding, and as of yesterday, the day of my first dress fitting, I had lost 31! There were times when I wasn't sure if I could do it, when I plateaued at a 25 pound loss for soooo long and sometimes went up a little bit then back down again, I was starting to think maybe that's just what I had to be satisfied with. But I wanted to go further and I am so glad I did! The dress fitting was amazing, but it started out kinds funny. When they put the dress on me, it wouldn't even stay up because it was way too big, and the tailor didn't understand why they hadn't ordered me a smaller size. I told her I had lost some weight since buying the dress, but only 6.5 pounds, and they CLEARLY could have ordered me a size down and I still would have had room to have it taken in. So, I have to have it taken in a lot all down the back, but it doesn't change the look of the dress so it's ok. Also, I am pretty hourglass-y and my biggest measurement was my bust, so that's what they were gauging by when choosing a size and they still wanted to overshoot it a bit to be safe, so in the end I guess I am glad they had the extra material to work with to ensure the perfect fit. I am a little nervous that she didn't pin it tight enough for altering, but she kept telling me that you can't really feel the tightness of the fit when it's just pins and that once a zipper is there I will feel much more secure. She seemed to really know her stuff so I just have to trust her, and also know that it's just my nerves because I want it to be perfect and shot off all my hard work :) Also, I have a second fitting in 5 weeks so she assured me that if at that time it still needs to come in more, she will do that then. It's probably best because even as is I now have to maintain my lowest weight for the next 5 weeks and past the wedding, so probably best that it isn't tailored to the tiniest with no flexibility. She also tailored the bustle to put in the little loops and buttons for that, and it looks SO pretty bustled!! I had my jewelry with me (my custom made earrings which are GORGEOUS!!), and my shoes, and they had my veil in, so I got to see the whole look together. I was thrilled.....my mom was crying :) She had come into the city for the day to go with me, and I didn't have anyone else come because I wanted it to be special for her and I. Then we had a lovely lunch out to celebrate!
I didn't take any pics because I still don't have a digital camera, but I think we are getting one as a wedding gift so I'll have one in time for 2nd fitting to show pics to you guys!

So tomorrow is my bridal shower, so FH and I are headed out to my parents house at the beach in a few hours. I somehow have to workout, pack, get a mani-pedi, and eat lunch in the next 3 hours! Riiiiiiight. Anyway, 4 of my friends are coming out from the city for it....at first I was hoping for more people to be able to come, but when the shower is 3 hours away (necessitating an overnight stay) and on a summer weekend when a lot of people have weddings etc, you do what you can. There will still be about 30 women at the shower between my mom's friends, my family members, and mine and my sister's mutual friends who live out there. I adore my dress and shoes that I bought for the event, and I know the host will do a beautiful job, so I am excited!

Alright I've gotta boogie....sorry for the long post, but so many exciting things to share! I hope everyone has a great weekend and keep up the good work!

emileefarber Posts : 2 Registered: 7/21/09
Posted: Jul 21, 2009 1:07 AM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsS

I totally understand where you are comming from.

The best advice I can give you is to maybe join some clubs that suit your interests. For me, its wine tasting and cooking...and you will meet some really cool people and I am sure you will find someone who also wants to lose weight...and you can motivate each other

Me and my friend do those Kettlebell workouts that Katherine Hiegl does...and they work Awesome!

Good luck to you
Love Happens When You Least ExpectIt

Posted: Jul 22, 2009 9:58 AM Go to message in response to: emileefarber

Yikes, where IS everyone??? Come on ladies!! :)

FinallyMrsS Posts : 1,035 Registered: 3/29/08
Posted: Jul 23, 2009 1:06 AM Go to message in response to: Sunshine80

Sun how was your shower????

I am back to my crazy schedule at work and so I have not had time to go to the gym. I will make time though! I only have 45 days intil the big day and I still have some weight to lose! I feel like I have so much that needs to be done still. I have been coming home at night and trying to get stuff done. Anyways, that is it for me for now! I am heading to San Luis Obispo this weekend to visit FMIL. It should be a fun weekend. We are going to bbq at the beach. =)
wedding website

Posted: Jul 28, 2009 12:31 PM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsS

Hey Girls,

Just checking in! How is everybody doing?

FMS it sounds like you have been really busy! I hope you are finding time for taking care of yourself, too. I have fallen into that trap lately as well, being busy and not having as much time/motivation for working out, but I am getting back on track this week.

My shower was beautiful and really really fun, but it was also kind of emotional and overwhelming for me. I had friends coming out and staying at my parents house for the weekend to go to it, and so I had to spend the entire morning before the shower cleaning the house for the guests. FH helped me but my family all had their own stuff going on. So I was a little annoyed about having to bust a$s all morning before my shower. And then at the shower itself, it was so gorgeous and well put together, it was like a wedding... however because it was outside in the hot hot sun for many hours, and we were drinking wine and champagne, by the time it was over I was exhausted and kind of in a lull and wanted to crash but still had guests to entertain for the rest of the weekend. So it was tons of fun but also just a lot in a short period of time. I was also feeling happy but emotional about having met my goal....I mean I was thrilled of course to have met my goal, but to have that and my first gown fitting and then my bridal shower with a ton of people all within 48 hours was just a lot for me, not to mention we had to travel 3 hours to the shower!! So I guess it's understandable that I felt a little overwhelmed. I did really love it though.

As for "how it's going", well, it's been a little hard for me this past week since then. I think part of me thought that once I met my goal I'd be made in the shade, but a lot of emotional stuff came up for me around that, and it kind of sent me in the other direction for the week that followed....I only worked out once, and I didn't eat very well at all. Or I should say, I ate well some meals but other meals just threw any carefulness out the window. I know this all about my emotional process, and I know what I need to do, but it has been challenging and somewhat exhausting. So, anyway, I am feeling back on track for the first day today and I am going to make the most of it. I know that part of me is intimidated to actually step into the reality of having met my goal since so much of my past emotional life has been tied up in body image issues, and I am working on that. I am going to make sure to do some exercise today, but nothing too hardcore because I haven't worked out in a week AND I am on my period AND it is one million degrees in NYC today and I have to work out outside. But, it will be good for me. FH has been incredibly supportive of me as always, and he has been encouraging me to not get down on myself just because of one off week. So I am working on both the emotional stuff AND forgiving myself for falling off the wagon a little.

So that's me, sorry for the long post ladies, but I needed to vent and get some support. Even though we don't all come on as much as we used to, I really value this as a place where we can come and support eachother. Thanks for that :)

Hope everyone is doing well and would love to hear what's going on with everyone!!

1234Onlynamenot... Posts : 52 Registered: 12/31/08
Posted: Jul 28, 2009 3:22 PM Go to message in response to: Sunshine80

hey do not get discouraged!!! i did not go workout at all last week b/c of aunt flo!!! and my first fitting is Sat!!!! lol.. anywho my shower is 8-16-09...i cannot wait for that..it will be at my house so i will be like you cleaning the night and morning of.....hopefully everything works out. We need to get pumped b/c August will be the final push to finalize pay people off and get everything situated...i anticipate August being a busy month with centerpiece put together, the shower, drafting the program, favors and i still need shoes!!!!! omg in my head it does not seem like a lot but on paper.......whew!!!

i am having MIL and FIL attire issues both do not want to get new outfits and they need them...bad..they don't want to spend money!! this is not a casual wedding it is formal!!!! i just have to try to look past them and realize that no one is paying attention to them any way!! they are the ones who will look foolish!!!!!

http://ticker.7910.org/eng"> src="http://ticker.7910.org/an1cF0D0g410820MDM3ODEwc3wwMDAwMTExZGF8SSBhbSBtYXJyeWluZyBteSBkcmVhbSEhIQ.gif">>

MuffinB Posts : 778 Registered: 7/13/07
Posted: Jul 29, 2009 1:10 AM Go to message in response to: Sunshine80

I moved!

Yup, that's where I've been- moving! To a tiny, but super cute apartment. I'm loving it. Life is much better. Enough about me.

Sunshine, Tanis, Kens, FMS, Ashley- hi again : ) I didn't have time to catch up but I just want to say hello, I'm here and I'll be around ; )

kensimzadi Posts : 216 Registered: 7/28/08
Posted: Jul 29, 2009 2:27 AM Go to message in response to: MuffinB

MUFFIN, TANIS, SUN, FMS, ASH!!!!!! MY GIRLS!!!!!! Oh how I've missed you ladies!! I've been lurking, just not posting....

First off, Tanis - honey, I'm soo sooo sorry for all you've gone thru this last month. I can't even imagine, but I hope that the pain has eased some. Love ya!!

Sun - you know this phase will pass, love. You are stronger than your past, than your fears. You will not let them control you, ever again. Be strong!! Love you too!!

FMS - saw that list of "to-do's" on the Sept. list, and glad to see you've knocked some of it off!! So glad everything is well in your world! Looking great!!! Love ya!!!

Muffin - WE'VE MISSED YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So so so so glad everything is working out for you honey!! Having your own place, whether tiny or not, is sooooooooooo wonderfully liberating!!! I honestly kinda miss those days! Don't tell FH! Has anything gotten better between you and your sister? Hope so doll! Much love to you, too!!

ASHLEY?????????? Where for art thou, Ashley?? Wherever you are, and whatever you're doing, know that you are in my thoughts so very often, my friend. I miss you and love you whole big bunches!!!

As for me ladies, I took a step to take control of my sad little life, and dropped down to four days at work. Hopefully, that will translate into what I want it to, three days that I can stay home and cook good healthy meals, and get some much needed exercise. I came to the conclusion that I wasn't going to lose all the weight that I wanted to, but if I can make a big push and maybe lose ten to fifteen in seven weeks, then I'd be happy with that as a start. I don't plan on stopping after the wedding, I plan to make this a life change. It just won't happen before my big day, but that's okay. I'm not going to let it stop me from loving myself, and being happy on the day I marry my man!! But this job has totally sucked the life and soul out of me, and I can't continue on like that anymore. I have to have something left for me first, and then FH second.

Ladies, I am sorry that it was so long since my last post, but I have kept up with you all. I promise not to be absent like that again.

Now let's go kick some ass!!!!!!!!!!!!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine