PLEASE HELP WITH Wedding Favors

Online Users: 1,329 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 10

Sineadal Posts : 3 Registered: 7/22/09
PLEASE HELP WITH Wedding Favors
Posted: Jul 22, 2009 8:44 AM

I need with wedding Favors. I just don't see any that I like. Plus thinking its a lot of money spent on Tacky crap.

So I was think that I would put thank you cards on every guest place. In the card would be a raffel ticket each. At the end of the speech's I would the raffel of a weekend away.

Please let me know what you think.

Thank you
sineadal x

esiekmann Posts : 2 Registered: 6/6/09
Re: PLEASE HELP WITH Wedding Favors
Posted: Jul 22, 2009 10:31 AM Go to message in response to: Sineadal

I'm having a lot of trouble deciding what to do for favors too. You're totally right, everything just seems so tacky and like no one would actually ever use it or care really.
I like your idea though of raffling off like a weekend a way or something. Because at least then it seems like the money is going to good use!

FutureMrsBabler Posts : 104 Registered: 5/18/09
Posted: Jul 22, 2009 12:03 PM Go to message in response to: Sineadal

I LOVE that idea! We are having the same problem - trying to think of a favor guests might actually use and appreciate, rather than throwing it away the next morning! I just emailed FH and he thinks it's cool too... hmmmm... there are all kinds of things you could do with it. Maybe it could be done kind of like the way door prizes are, this way you could do more than just one. IDK... the only thing I am thinking might be a bit of a negative is the few people who would be mad that they didn't get something and someone else did... you know?

You know you're in love when you don't want to fall asleep, because reality is finally better than your dreams. 

~Dr. Seuss

MsDenuninani Posts : 3,962 Registered: 3/16/07
Posted: Jul 22, 2009 12:22 PM Go to message in response to: Sineadal

Personally, I'd rather have a cheap gift than a raffle ticket. I actually hate the idea (sorry! I'm assuming you really want an honest opinion).

Give 'em something to eat. People love stuff they can eat. And if you're worried about people getting as a favor something they don't like to eat, do a candy bar. Lay out different types of candy, and let your guests choose what they want themselves. I'm a big fan of candy bars -- I LOVE the oppurtunity to cram lots of sugary treats in a bag to take home and eat later. Or right then.

"I'd hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, or insanity, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S. Thompson

June6 Posts : 33 Registered: 11/4/08
Posted: Jul 23, 2009 12:35 AM Go to message in response to: Sineadal

I totally know what you mean about favours. The things you like are out of your price range and the things that are in your price range you don't like. By the time we got to figuring out what our favours were going to be, I was so sick of how expensive and materialistic wedding planning was. Anyways, what we ended up donating money to a local charity that we both feel strongly about. We put a card on each persons place setting (in our wedding colours) thanking them for supporting our marriage and that in leu of a favor, we donated money in their name. I am not sure if you like this idea or not, but we had a lot of positive feedback about it.

poohunne Posts : 17 Registered: 1/28/10
Posted: Jan 29, 2010 10:00 PM Go to message in response to: Sineadal

We decided to combine the wedding favor and the Name Placecard into one. We'll be using small clay pots with live plants in them. The plants will be a mix of herbs and flowers. We're painting the pots white, accented with thin ribbon in the wedding colors, then using cardstock to print namecards and attaching them with the same ribbon. We got the idea from the Martha Stewart website.

Hope this helps.

discountwedding... Posts : 1 Registered: 8/12/12
Posted: Aug 12, 2012 5:29 PM Go to message in response to: Sineadal

Wow, Thats a real great idea.
Thats totally different.
If you change your mind are still looking for a great deal on wedding favors.
check out my site www.discountweddingfavors.com

swichwang34 Posts : 657 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 13, 2012 9:32 AM Go to message in response to: Sineadal

Pronovias Wedding Dress Starting form 229.95USD
Click Here: http://www.bestbridalprices.us/designer-bridal-collections-pronovias-c-420_473.html

swichwang34 Posts : 657 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 16, 2012 2:31 PM Go to message in response to: Sineadal

Maggie Sottero Wedding Dress Starting form 229.95USD
Click Here: http://www.bestbridalprices.us/designer-bridal-collections-maggie-sottero-c-420_467.html

maryrusso Posts : 2 Registered: 4/3/14
Posted: Apr 3, 2014 7:12 PM Go to message in response to: Sineadal

Are you looking for yourWedding favors?[/URL]. Get answer at this website

Edited by: maryrusso on Apr 3, 2014 7:12 PM

Edited by: maryrusso on Apr 3, 2014 7:14 PM

maryrusso Posts : 2 Registered: 4/3/14
Posted: Apr 3, 2014 7:15 PM Go to message in response to: poohunne

www.theitalianfavors.com is the perfect Italian wedding favors

Edited by: maryrusso on Apr 3, 2014 7:16 PM

RSS