Proposal Fears

Online Users: 1,240 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6

GollumsGirl Posts : 57 Registered: 7/7/09
Proposal Fears
Posted: Jul 21, 2009 6:53 PM

I have been waiting, and waiting, and waiting for it seems an eternaty to be engaged and married. I know that my bf is planning it soon and knows exactly what he wants to do, etc. My fear is that by the time he actually does it, I will be so fed up that I will be thinking "well it's about freaking time!" instead of "I love you!! YES!!" and have all the excitement and mushy feelings.

Am I the only one who is or was concerned about this? Can anyone relate?
wedding tickers

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Re: Proposal Fears
Posted: Jul 21, 2009 7:28 PM Go to message in response to: GollumsGirl

Trust me, you won't be fed up. You will be VERY happy.

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

mooRS Posts : 26 Registered: 6/15/09
Posted: Jul 21, 2009 9:51 PM Go to message in response to: GollumsGirl

Haha, I went through the very same thing! I even got to the point where I was telling my best friend, "this had better be damn good for how long it's taken!" FH had even half-joked that, when he finally did it, all I would say was, "Finally!" But once the moment arrived, I was speechless. Completely and utterly speechless. Didn't say anything for at least 10 minutes. And trust me, I talk a lot!

If you guy is really thoughtful, you'll be so caught up in what's going on that you won't even remember how impatient you were feeling. And, if you're anything like me, you're going to feel a little embarrassed that you got so fed up beforehand (not saying you're necessarily going to do that, but I feel a little guilty for nagging at him so much).

Best of luck!

Autumnalis2010 Posts : 133 Registered: 1/12/09
Posted: Jul 21, 2009 10:31 PM Go to message in response to: mooRS

Posted: Jul 21, 2009 10:33 PM Go to message in response to: mooRS

Oh, he knows exactly how impatient I am, and because not only are our finances joined together, but I am also his bookkeeper for his business, I am fully aware of how close he is to buying a ring.
I am glad you were speechless, I am sure it was amazing. This gives me hope that my impatience won't get the best of me in this oh so important moment.
I would love to hear how others of you dealt with the impatience and actually reacted when he did propose. And I would love to know about anyone who is in my position currently as well!!!
wedding tickers

dbkooper1 Posts : 2 Registered: 8/1/09
Posted: Aug 1, 2009 3:53 AM Go to message in response to: GollumsGirl

How long have you two been going together, may I ask?

Posted: Aug 1, 2009 11:09 PM Go to message in response to: dbkooper1

We have been together for 25 months and talking about marraige from day one.
wedding tickers

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine