Chose daisies as my flower...now I don't know what the flower girl drops???

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 3

Searstobe Posts : 3 Registered: 7/6/09
Chose daisies as my flower...now I don't know what the flower girl drops???
Posted: Jul 19, 2009 6:22 PM

So I have chosen a summer wedding with a western theme. I have chosen daisies as my flower but am at a loss of what the flower girl drops now. Does anyone have any ideas of what they did or what they have seen done?

Thanks so much!
'Roped into Love'

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Re: Chose daisies as my flower...now I don't know what the flower girl drops???
Posted: Jul 19, 2009 8:39 PM Go to message in response to: Searstobe

Dear Mrs S,

The FG doesn't have to drop anything. Some places won't allow any kind of flower petals as they make a mess.

The flower girl need only carry a basket of flowers (firmly attached, if necessary) and look cute.

BreAnn Posts : 600 Registered: 11/28/07
Posted: Jul 20, 2009 10:49 AM Go to message in response to: Searstobe

I used daisies as my flower for my wedding and my flower girls dropped daisy heads. I had used fake flowers, and they just dropped the flowers without the stems. I'm not sure if you can do that with fresh flowers or not, but you might want to look into it.

myra Posts : 5,550 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Jul 20, 2009 2:30 PM Go to message in response to: Searstobe

Ask yourself how many people are going to notice or care what, if anything, she drops? If you feel like it, pluck the petals off a thousand daisies and have her drop those--or bio-degradable confetti, lavender petals, dried white strawflower petals, etc. White rose petals would be perfectly fine--they go with the color scheme, and once again, can you imagine someone in the congregation sitting there and saying, "Her flowers are daisies. But the flower girl dropped rose petals. How gauche"?
myra at www.classysassyweddings.com

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine