May 2009 Brides (or any 2009!!)

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1,379

Stephy77 Posts : 109 Registered: 9/2/08
Re: May 2009 Wives
Posted: Jul 16, 2009 8:45 AM Go to message in response to: TigerBride515

Congrats Tiger, nice to se everyone is doing well. 2 months of wedded bliss today. can't believe how quickly the engagement and wedding came and went.

Brooke051609 Posts : 723 Registered: 12/31/07
Posted: Jul 16, 2009 10:22 AM Go to message in response to: Stephy77

Stephy! Happy 2 months to you today too!! I know, it went REALLY fast! We all thought it would NEVER get here, and now it's come and gone! I was thinking about it the other day and wish I could go through the whole wedding day again, it was so wonderful!!

"Come What May... "

SteffMay2009 Posts : 383 Registered: 10/22/08
Posted: Jul 16, 2009 12:01 PM Go to message in response to: Brooke051609

Hi ladies! I'm glad to hear that everyone is doing well!

We are doing great! Paid off some major debt with wedding gifts, so we're enjoying putting extra money in savings. We have a condo now, but we're trying to save for a house. We are getting used to working with a joint checking account, and we've put together a plan for the future. We got some major savings on auto insurance and taxes, which is great! We aren't planning on kids for probably 2 years (when I finish my master's)... but I guess we wouldn't be disappointed if it was earlier. Still finding places where my maiden name is (like the Dr. etc) and trying to change it everywhere... but I've finally got my new signature down, and I remember to answer the phone the right way!

Anyone else feeling a little "post wedding depression".. not like, actually depressed.. but sometimes I miss having something fun to plan and look forward to! All our other goals aren't as fun! (School, work, houses... BORING!)

NessaRae615 Posts : 675 Registered: 9/23/08
Posted: Jul 16, 2009 12:12 PM Go to message in response to: SteffMay2009

Hey girls!!

Wow 2 months have already passed!! I can't believe it!! DH and I have had a lot going on with all the summer bdays and trying to buy a house.

Brooke~ From my understanding and research you shouldn't have an issue with trying to get pregnant after being on birth control so long. I have been on it for about 10 years as well so it has me very nervous but everything I found said it should be ok. I am a little worried about being able to tell when I am ovulating because like you I need the BC to get my period. But we will see! Good luck when you decide to try!!

Steff~ I am totaly with you about the slight depression over not having something as big as a wedding to be looking forward to. We are trying to buy a house so that is taking a lot of our time. So when I get bored or sad I will look at furniture websites and plan how I want to decorate our home. Not quite as exciting as the wedding, but it keeps me occupied.

Posted: Jul 16, 2009 5:40 PM Go to message in response to: NessaRae615

Nessa- thanks for the advice! I'm just hoping it all goes well and won't have to look into fertility treatments and such... just makes me wonder since I don't seem to ovulate on my own... guess we'll see when it's time!!

Steff- I had some "post wedding sadness" too!!! It's all built up to that day and then all of a sudden, BAM! Back to regular life! Which was nice, but sad too! It's nice not to have to worry about calling vendors and getting all the details together, but it was so fun the day of!! haha

"Come What May... "

DAS824 Posts : 509 Registered: 8/24/07
Posted: Jul 16, 2009 11:26 PM Go to message in response to: Brooke051609

Hi, ladies!! I'm glad someone decided to bring this thread back to life :) I was just thinking of doing it myself a couple days ago but just skipped my mind before I signed off. I'm glad everyone is doing well. Tiger, I can't remember if congratulated you on the mom, babies, etc. thread (can't remember the exact name), since I lurk there, but congrats!!!

As for us, the wedding was magnificent, lol! I couldn't have asked for a better day, except the very end of the night where I ended up sick in the bathroom because one of my bridesmaids kept feeding me shot after shot of Jack. Jack and I first became aquainted that night...we are no longer friends. Ugh. I could've done without that! Oh, and one of my BMs left suuuuper early. Everyone else was pissed, but I assumed it was going to happen. Didn't let it ruin my night! It was amazing!

We're still waiting on our professional pictures. I'm really bummed about it. I can't wait to see them and it's been fooooorrreeevvveeerrrr! We were told it'd take from 4-8 weeks. That's a big window, and the 8 weeks won't be til the 24th, but come on!!! I really want to see them. We also have not gotten our thank you's out yet. We were hoping to make thank you's with one of our pictures so...we're waiting.

Right now we're just hanging out at home and not doing a whole lot. Once the wedding was over it just seemed like I had soo much time and nothing to do! I still feel that way. I keep trying to talk DH into getting a pet, but that's a no go right now. Probably for the best though, because DH isn't working. He hasn't had a job since a week before the wedding and it's beginning to take it's toll. I have 2 part time jobs but they aren't enough to keep us going for long. We had to pay rent this month on a credit card. So I'm really hoping a job comes through for him soon. He's had at least 5 interviews in the last 3 weeks. A couple have been multiple step ones so he's waiting on those. I, on the other hand, have not really had any luck with even getting calls back! I've been applying for jobs within my field (since I graduated in December) since April. I've had maybe 3 interviews since then. I finally gave in and just started applying for things that may be generically related. I have an interview next week for a hospital patient registration position, kinda like reception I think?? We'll see.

Ok, this is super long...sorry!! Just feel like I have so much to say, lol :)

It is now (almost) official....Shauna C :)

Posted: Jul 17, 2009 8:46 AM Go to message in response to: DAS824

Hey DAS!! Glad your night went well! Yes, Jack can be a bit of a jerk!! Stay away from him! haha DH and I know how you feel about the job hunt! We're in the same boat! His job ends in a month and I still cant find one! So we're waiting to hear from an interview for him about a job back in Ohio. We're hoping he gets it, but we'll see! It'll be nice to have steady income again!! Hopefully you hear sometime soon! I'm sure you will, just keep sending out that resume, someone will see it soon!!

"Come What May... "

BlissfullyContent Posts : 73 Registered: 1/28/07
Posted: Jul 17, 2009 11:22 AM Go to message in response to: Brooke051609

Yay for this thread!!
I've been getting the emails while I'm at work and I keep forgetting to sign on at home. So today I finally broke down and signed on instead of working!
I can totally relate to being bummed about no more wedding. It was such a big part of my life for so long and now it's over. I don't think I'll ever tire of hearing stories or looking at pictures from that wonderful day.
We waited forever for our professional photos and when we did get them (in late June) they were from Snapfish and dated for teh end of May (the date and site were printed on teh back of them)!!! So that was kind of disappointing but they are beautiful shots even if they were printed online. We just got our wallets back that we're sending out in our thank yous. I'm hoping to have them mailed out by Saturday so I can be done with it. And I'm SO GLAD that some of you ladies haven't sent yours out yet either, it makes me feel better :) Can't believe it'll be 3 months soon!
So as soon as we stepped off the plan from our honeymoon Zac went into house hunting mode. So that's been our new project for the past few months. Hopefully if all goes well we will closing on our first home on 7/31. Keeping my fingers crossed though because the whole process has gone SO smoothly so we're waiting for a little bump in the road somewhere. We just hope we can make it financially because it's a HUGE commitment! Marriage did not scare me, this does (in a really exciting way). It will be soooo nice to get out of town and have our own house and land and not have neighbors. We're uber excited.
So congrats on the baby news Tiger! That's so exciting. We are planning on waiting a while until things smooth themselves out but we want at least one. He has a ten year gap between his siblings and I am an only child so babies are kind of an intimidating idea to us both. I don't think I would ever be able to plan for a child because I would be too stressed out. I think I'd have to just stop trying NOT to have a baby and let nature take it's course...Sometimes I wonder if I'm selfless enough to have a child and I just pray that motherly instinct is soemthing you aquire after you're pregnant because I do not have any now. From what I've heard (I'm sorry I forget who was talking about it) people who've been on BC for years are okay after about a month or less of stopping the preventative measures.
I should get back to work. I'm glad everything worked out for you girls and I'm so thankful for you guys sharing your stories and experiences with us!

Created by
Wedding Favors

Posted: Jul 17, 2009 3:59 PM Go to message in response to: BlissfullyContent

Steff - Isn't it funny I feel a little of the post wedding blues myself yet the weeks prior to the wedding I just wanted it to be over LOL

I have to say I loved every minute of our day we had little bloopers the priest called me Jennifer, the limo driver had an altercation with the police about a parking ban, we made our grand exit and my husband realized he didn't have the keys to our get away car and we had to wait for my brother to come out and take us home for the spare key. little stuff that actually made it more memorable and suprisingly didn't stress me out at all, I was way to happy to let stress in.

We are talking about kids for next year after our anniversary and are looking forward to our honeymoon trip this fall to Ireland.

Posted: Aug 5, 2009 4:44 PM Go to message in response to: Stephy77

How is everyone? Next week is one year since the proposal, went by so fast. We are looking at buying a bigger house as we are hoping to outgrow ours in the upcoming years.

Posted: Aug 5, 2009 7:52 PM Go to message in response to: Stephy77

Hey Stephy!! My date twin! :) I know, time goes SOO fast! I mean in a few weeks we'll be married for 3 months already! Last year at this time didn't you feel like it was taking FOREVER for the wedding to get here?!?! haha
Things here are STRESSFUL!!! We're still living with a roomate in a condo, which the condo is nice, but we're cramped, 90% of our stuff is still in storage, I have no job and DH is still waiting to hear from interviews about his job. He's still working and his company will keep him on past Friday (his contract end date) so that he can still bring money in, and told him that if he's offered a full time position elsewhere to definitely take it! But we're just on pins and needles and ready to finally be on our own and feel like a married couple! We're hoping to hear back from some companies any day, so I'm always waiting for the phone to ring and DH says he got offered a full time position and I can start to the process of apt hunting, job hunting and moving again! I'm SOOO bored!

But anyway, how are you other May 2009 wives doing?!

Daisypath

"Come What May...."

Posted: Aug 11, 2009 11:13 AM Go to message in response to: Brooke051609

Brooke that is so stressful I hope you two get good news on the job front soon! It is so rough out there right now and for a recently married couple must take a big emotional toll because you want to start planning and preparing for your future and are on pause. Sending good thoughts your way!!!!!

DAS824 Posts : 509 Registered: 8/24/07
Posted: Aug 11, 2009 11:52 AM Go to message in response to: Stephy77

Brooke, I completely understand the whole job situation. I finally got a full-time job offer just a week or so ago. I'd been applying since March/April, and only had about 3 calls back from a bunch of my applications. I don't start until August 24th, but it's just a great feeling to know there's something out there for me once my contract expires at my current day job. (Right now I work 2 part-time jobs - one day and one night. I'll just have the one full-time when I start there.)

My husband also got offered a job! It all just seemed to happen at once. He actually hasn't been working since about a week or 2 before the wedding...so a good 3 months. It's been pretty rough on us since both my jobs are part-time. We've had to pay rent and a few other bills on credit cards to get by. The only problem now is that my nagging didn't work :( I'd been begging and begging and begging DH to get his GED for years!!!!!!!!! He would just never go do it even though it wouldn't take much time and it'd just be over and done with. Well, this awesome job he got offered did a very thorough background check and they want his GED information...he fibbed a little and said he only had one test left to take. They considered negating the job offer but then called back and said to just keep them posted on his results when he gets them. So, in actuality, he had to take the total of 5 GED tests in about 3 days so his results would all get back when he said they would. He took 4 tests Thursday and 1 on Saturday, so they're all done. Now it's just a waiting game. I really hope that the company isn't just stringing him along and they keep their word. It would be awful for him to have his hopes of still getting the job and then have him call and they've changed their minds. Really, it would suck, but I'd be soooooooooooooo incredibly happy that he finally got his GED. I'll probably cry just because it's something I've wanted for so long!

I can't remember if I'd asked this before, but have you all gotten your wedding pictures back? We still don't have ours and I'm getting very upset about it. We paid very good money (for our location) for this photographer and we have nothing. Very irritating.

It is now (almost) official....Shauna C :)

Posted: Aug 11, 2009 12:08 PM Go to message in response to: DAS824

Thanks girls! Hopefully something comes our way soon! I applied for a job the other day and am going in today personally to give them my resume. So hopefully they'll give me even a PT job! Just SOMETHING!!! It would be WONDERFUL to work again! I haven't worked since a week before the wedding, so it's been stressful. DH's contract just ended Friday, but the company kept him on doing a different position as a way to stay in the field and keep money coming in. So that was great. It's less hours and less money, but it's SOMETHING. So he's still applying to FT jobs in his field and we're playing the waiting game. I swear, if I ever am in a position where I have to hire people, I will get back with them right away, no matter what! One prospect was supposed to call DH 2 weeks ago, he's called them since then and they STILL haven't gotten back to him. Even if he didn't get the job, at least let us know! sheesh!! Anyway, I'll keep you posted!!

We got our pics about a month ago, there were a TON and she had to edit them. I guess it depends on how busy your photographer is with other weddings and how many pics they took at your wedding and if they need to edit them. I would give them a call just to see where they stand. HOpefully you get them soon! We want to see them!!!

Daisypath

"Come What May...."

Posted: Aug 12, 2009 4:06 PM Go to message in response to: Brooke051609

We got our disc right away and our portraits and proofs within the last few weeks. The portraits are off being framed (60% off ac moore coupon yipee) I can't wait to get them back. Hopefully you will get yours soon.

just a word of caution hang on to your contract and any written communications requesting your photos. I am sure you will be fine but my MOH is actually suing for breach of contract with her photographer after asking for the final product for well over a year.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine