May 2009 Brides (or any 2009!!)

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1,379

Puglover27 Posts : 103 Registered: 2/12/09
Re: May 2009 Brides (or any 2009!!)
Posted: May 26, 2009 2:15 PM Go to message in response to: SteffMay2009

I'm married. YEAH!!!!!
I am sure my bridesmaids are excited its over. I was pretty bridezilla like during the day before and day of.
The wedding didn't turn out perfect, but it was the best day of my life. Yesterday I was actually upset because now it is all over.

I was so worried about the little details, but in the end they don't matter. For example the boutenaires were passed out and the guys didn't take the correct ones. I forgot to tell everyone which one was theirs, but the funny thing is it wasn't until I saw some pictures that I realized David's wasn't as fancy as it should have been. The florist was to have different things on each boquet one was rhinestones, one pearls etc. All boquets had the same rhinestones, but no one noticed, but me.

I had practiced at the rehearsal to make sure everyone had the right song to walk to. It was to start with David, Officiant, best man- Making Memories of Us

The two grooms with moms- " She's Everything" Brad Paisley

The bridesmaids" Then" Brad Paisley

flower girls,ring bears, me- "What I'd Give."
I had told my one bridesmaid to walk slow (she had never been in a wedding and didn't know how to walk- since she was going to be last in line up she needed to walk first). Well some guy who was working the venue kept talking to her aobut walking and then we had (which I didn't know at this point- )a last minute change in DJ's because David's friend couldn't do it so the DJ plays then and this guy keeps talking to my bridesmaid and I start yelling go Deb go. well the DJ skips right to my song bc he sees no one coming. I was furious so then I had to yell to Deb go and then heard everyone else to go I think my ring bears/flower girls all went with my Matron of Honor. I was pretty upset because that was to be my song, but instead we all walked to it. In the end it doesn't matter because I watched some of the video and it is was funny. My friend Deb had no idea how to walk so she walked too slow. It is funny to watch on the video.
I did get teary eyed walking down the aisle. Our judge was amazing and we received tons of compliments about him. So happy we fired the officiant we originally had. Instead of carrying a kercheif or kleenex I carried my fiance's black and white bandana and used that to wipe my eyes when crying and then handed it to him while because he was sweating up a storm.I chocked up and cried a little bit during the ceremony. We walked down the aisle to "Another one bites the dust." Everyone loved it.
We didn't do a garter toss or bouquet toss. My biggest regret was not enjoying every minute more. It wasn't until after dinner and afew drinks that I relaxed and had an amazing time. I was so stressed about little details. We were to have 106 at the wedding. I think maybe 70 came. I was tickd because we spent all that money on food. The lassagne was a little burnt. I just wanted everything to be perfect.Everyone had a great time and we drank tons. It was my husband's mom's birthday and she drank so much that she ended the night puking out side.
Afterwards we(wedding party) all went to the bar and did karaoke.
The wedding goes by so fast and then it is over and its like wow I went through all the stress over nine months and it ended on a high note, but I woke up the next morning bummed out. I asked my fiance if we could do it again and he said no.
We are so happy and had a great time and the wedding represented us. For our first dance we did "Another beer in Mexico"_ Kenny Chesney. Our first trip was to Mexico and my fiance works for a beer distributor.

MrsLorJesCar Posts : 30 Registered: 3/20/09
Posted: May 26, 2009 4:05 PM Go to message in response to: Puglover27

Congrats to everyone who recently got hitched!

We just did it ourselves and it has been a whirlwind ever since the wedding day. I'm not sure if i feel different but I'm sure as the days go on, it will set in :).

Good luck to the rest of the May brides!

SteffMay2009 Posts : 383 Registered: 10/22/08
Posted: May 26, 2009 4:11 PM Go to message in response to: MrsLorJesCar

Congrats everyone!!!! This is the last week of May, so it's technically still our wedding month - even if our weddings are over. Good luck to anyone this weekend...

The girls who just got married! Stories! Pics!!

Puglover27 Posts : 103 Registered: 2/12/09
Posted: May 26, 2009 5:55 PM Go to message in response to: DAS824

Here is a link to some of my pictures. A few are from my photographer most from my mom. Should be getting all photos from my photogrpaher soon.
http://photobucket.com/lanaanddave?albumview=slideshow

Stephy77 Posts : 109 Registered: 9/2/08
Posted: May 27, 2009 12:15 PM Go to message in response to: Puglover27

Congrats to all the May brides. I can't believe it's over! It was wonderful! here are a few pics.

photo

photo

TigerBride515 Posts : 482 Registered: 10/15/08
Posted: May 27, 2009 12:49 PM Go to message in response to: Stephy77

Stephy - I can't see your pics :(

Here are a few that a friend sent me, it's going to be awhile before I get pro pics.

This is me hiding from DH.

This is of DH and Me seeing each other before the ceremony.

And this is our first kiss! He attacked me! I totally didn't see it coming!

preview image

BlissfullyContent Posts : 73 Registered: 1/28/07
Posted: May 27, 2009 2:36 PM Go to message in response to: TigerBride515

Stephy I can' tsee your pics either :(

Tiger your outside shots are gorgeous! I can't wait to get our prof. photos back but I've had to steal all ours from family and friends too.

Did anyone think you were going to have more time after your wedding to relax? I think my life is busier since the wedding. I still haven't filled out all my name change stuff AND we just got preapproved for a house so we've got to think about THAT now too.

Brooke051609 Posts : 723 Registered: 12/31/07
Posted: May 28, 2009 8:22 AM Go to message in response to: BlissfullyContent

HI LADIES!!! I'M BACK!!!!! :) I don't have much time to write right now, but just wanted to let you all know that our wedding was amazing!! And our honeymoon was awesome!! I'll write you all more on all the fun details later and include some of the pics that friends have taken!!!!! Hope everyone else's days were great! Talk to you all soon!!!

"Come What May... "

DAS824 Posts : 509 Registered: 8/24/07
Posted: May 28, 2009 1:30 PM Go to message in response to: Brooke051609

Hello, ladies!! I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend and lovely weddings for those who got married over the weekend.

We had our wedding Sunday and it was awesome!! The weather held out and there was no rain. We were able to have everything that was planned outside still out there and it was gorgeous. I looked even better than I expected I would, lol!! And my husband (still weird!) looked great, too. Everything just came together so well. I'm not sure how to explain it all. It was just so great, fun, and an amazing experience. I don't have any professional pictures right now, but a few friends have posted albums on Facebook. I'll post a few here....

I will say that our officiant could've been better, our violinist was the most wonderful part of our ceremony, and the food and cake were to die for!!! The food was even better at the reception than what we actually had for the tasting. It was a blast!! I wasn't doing to horrible the few days before, but the morning of I was soooo nervous. I couldn't eat or anything. Then I calmed down a bit. But once everyone got lined up and we were waiting in the bathroom, I was about to pass out! My heart was beating out of my chest and I didn't think I was going to make it...I did though :) And I couldn't have asked for a better day! Except the getting sick after the reception. Bad choice! We went to the bar my dad works at after the reception - open bar at reception, free drinks at bar = too much time in the bathroom. Not how I wanted to spend part of my wedding night, but it is what it is. Still had an awesome time!

Me3.jpg picture by shaunarae02

Me4.jpg picture by shaunarae02

Me5.jpg picture by shaunarae02

Street.jpg picture by shaunarae02

UsParents.jpg picture by shaunarae02

UsParents2.jpg picture by shaunarae02

All.jpg picture by shaunarae02

Cake.jpg picture by shaunarae02

Shauna C...I can't wait!!

Posted: Jun 1, 2009 1:49 PM Go to message in response to: DAS824

DAS - your pictures are beautiful and it looks like you had a wonderful wedding!

Well Ladies, May is over but our lives with our DH's are just beginning and I for one couldn't be more excited!

I posted another thread with pictures and my wedding story (too long to do it twice), lol!

I hope everybody sticks around so we can bounce newly married life thoughts off of each other!

Congrats one last time to all the May 09 brides! It's been awesome ladies!!!

Posted: Jun 3, 2009 5:52 PM Go to message in response to: TigerBride515

CONGRATS MAY BRIDES!!! I love seeing everyone's pictures!! I posted mine on the main boards under "Finally have pictures of our BIG DAY!!" Enjoy!!!!

"Come What May... "

May 2009 Wives
Posted: Jul 13, 2009 8:36 AM Go to message in response to: Brooke051609

Hey there May 2009 Wives! I thought we could have a little revival. It's been about 2 months since our wedding and everything has been wonderful but I still haven't gotten out my thank you's!

How has married life been treating everyone?

MrsLorJesCar Posts : 30 Registered: 3/20/09
Re: May 2009 Wives
Posted: Jul 13, 2009 9:17 AM Go to message in response to: TigerBride515

I actually miss posting on this board! When I opened my email box, it was nice to see the notice :).

The hubby and I are doing great! It's been a whirlwind since we got home and really all we do is work and come home. Weekends are more valuble, small amounts of time mean more, and making the most of all the free time we get to be together is more important than anything.

We're trying to decide where we want to be in the future and right now we're just not sure. We're looking to buy a home before the year is over so maybe that will put us on the right tract. Babies are in the future but nearer than farther. The clock is definatly ticking but I want time with him before we fill the house up more :). Until the pitter patter of little feet are around, we have the pitter patter of two cute little kittens who are the apples of our eyes. I never htought my husband would be intersted in a cat, but he really is. I think he's trying to prove to me that he'll be a good dad. I don't need proof :).

Congrats to everyone who is preggo. That's awesome! We should start a thread just for us May 2009 brides to reconnect :).

Posted: Jul 13, 2009 9:44 AM Go to message in response to: TigerBride515

YAY!!!!!! The May girls are back!!! :) Lor Jes, I was excited too to see the e-mail in my inbox about the May thread! And now we're the May "WIVES"!!! :)

Tiger! Congrats on your pregnancy! Isn't crazy that we'll be talking babies and families now instead of RSVP's and wedding colors! I for one think it's a great change of topic! :) So how is your pregnancy going? Hopefully well!

Things are good here. We're living in Florida right now, DH is working for the tampa bay Rays, but his contract ends August 7th. He's had an interview with Ohio State to work in the athletic department there (which would yes- mean moving back home to Ohio! The 300th big move!!ugh!) or see if he can fill a possible open position here with the Rays. So we should find out hopefully this week where our lives will be headed! Quite stressful, but it'll be nice to bet more settled here in a month!! We're living with a roomate right now in my Aunt's Boyfriend's Condo, so it's nice, but a little awkward and VERY cramped! BUT, it's very helpful, we're saving some money and aren't tied into a lease! So we're able to have some fun and travel more than if we had a big apt payment and such.

No babies for us anytime soon, at leaset we hope not! We really need to get settled first and want some time together! After so much distance for so long before the wedding it'll be nice to be a couple for awhile. Besides, like you Lor Jes, we have 3 cats, they are quite enough to handle now! haha

I am kind of concerned when it comes to baby making time... I've been on the pill for 12 years to regulate my period, basically cause I couldn't have one on my own. So I'm worried I'll have a difficult time trying to conceive. At my next gyno appt I guess I'll talk to them about it and see if I should be concerned. But we'll see!

Other than that, things are just going along! Thankfully got all the Thank You's done! That was CRAZY!!!! Since I still don't have a job (and can't get one since we're moving in a few weeks-no one will hire someone for them to leave after a week!!) I was able to work on them all the time. We just got our professional pictures, they're awesome!! SOOO many, but love them!

How are all you other May Wives??? Hopefully well! I've missed you ladies!!

"Come What May... "

Posted: Jul 13, 2009 10:15 AM Go to message in response to: Brooke051609

YEAH! I'm so glad I got a response, I thought that everyone might have deleted the thread from their watch lists or something.

Anyway, the pregnancy is going well thanks! We are putting in new hardwood floors in our house so our house and lives (because DH decided that he and his dad could do it) have been crazy for the past month. But we knew we needed to do it before the baby comes.

I do love married life! It was definitly worth all the time and planning!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine