Save the date

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4

StephanieMay10 Posts : 11 Registered: 12/22/08
Save the date
Posted: Jul 10, 2009 11:08 PM

What do you think is acceptable practice for save the date. Do you think I can send out a message on facebook, just alerting my friends of my wedding day and that I am planning on inviting them?

Would recommend against save the date notices because of changing guest list or what not.

Thoughts. Comments.

FutureMrsDJLeo Posts : 615 Registered: 2/26/09
Re: Save the date
Posted: Jul 10, 2009 11:43 PM Go to message in response to: StephanieMay10

Unless your wedding is on a holiday weekend, or a DW, I wouldn't reccommend doing a STD. It definitly locks in your guest list way ahead of time, and who knows what unexpected events may come up in between that time and the wedding in which you have to exclude guests.

As for Facebook, if I was doing STD's that's not something that I would consider, but it could just depend on how your wedding is going to be. Is it more casual, or more fancy? If your just doing something small and having like a BBQ then I think it would be fine, but if your doing it at a banquet hall, hotel, etc, I probably wouldn't. That's just my opinion though. You really can do whatever you want and whatever you feel is best for your budget, guests, and how it all fits in.

cldeross Posts : 113 Registered: 6/24/09
Posted: Jul 12, 2009 8:21 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsDJLeo

I just met with my wedding planner and talked about this same issue. She said save the dates are just an option. Use them if it is a holiday weekend, or if a large majority of your guest are from out of town or if there is a large guest list. She suggest that we just set up a wedding web-page and just tell people word of mouth about it. As we inform people about our engagement we will be letting them know about the web-site. Also, a web-page is a good place to mention where you will be registered.

Rose217 Posts : 474 Registered: 8/9/08
Posted: Jul 12, 2009 8:59 PM Go to message in response to: cldeross

I'm going to let our relatives from out of town know the date well ahead of time, especially those who would have to fly. If anyone asks, I'll tell them, but I'm not going to send STDs. Saves time, saves money, saves paper, saves headaches of locking yourself into a guest list so early.

Whitni Posts : 6 Registered: 7/21/09
Posted: Jul 21, 2009 4:16 PM Go to message in response to: StephanieMay10

Personally I don't think the facebook idea is a very good one, because there could be people whom are not on your facebook but talk to some that are. They could get the idea that perhaps they're not invited because they didn't get the annoucement about the date. kwim?

As mentioned, unless you're getting married around a holiday I wouldn't worry about sending out STDs.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine