Hair Trial Run- should I or shouldn't I?

Online Users: 1,259 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 7

10ISBride Posts : 1 Registered: 6/14/09
Hair Trial Run- should I or shouldn't I?
Posted: Jun 14, 2009 1:38 PM

I am getting married in July and wondering if I should do a hair and make up trial run. I have an appointment set up, but I have to pay separately for each session. My family has gone over budget with the wedding and Im trying to cut costs where I can. I have pictures of my hair style from all angles, I know how I want my make up done, and the salon and stylists are very reputable. Is it really necessary to try out my hair and make up before the big day?

LilTuffGirl Posts : 301 Registered: 11/4/08
Re: Hair Trial Run- should I or shouldn't I?
Posted: Jun 14, 2009 5:22 PM Go to message in response to: 10ISBride

I'm not going to. My hair and makeup is going to be pretty simple and still look like me so I don't see why I'd need to test it out.

But if your doing an updo far from normal I probably would just to be sure you like it on you.

http://www.ezticker.com/ticker/1642/214/20090829/our+wedding/ticker.png

True love never lives happily ever after - true love has no ending

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Jun 14, 2009 5:43 PM Go to message in response to: 10ISBride

If it's a style you've done before, it's probably OK - you know you like it.

BUT you are using a salon you haven't used before (?) - so that depends.

Basically, if you are running over on money, yes it's something you can cut out if you are confident about your pics and ability to describe what you want and the reputation of the salon.

Good luck!

(I had a hair trial run, BUT my cousin's wife was doing it and she had never worked with my hair. She didn't charge me for the trial - but I tipped her well too. :-) )

TanisJ Posts : 2,669 Registered: 4/25/07
Posted: Jun 14, 2009 5:59 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

I agree with Pharmtox if you've done it before and are comfortable its not necessary, but would add also if the conditions are the same as what you are used too. For example if you are having a beach wedding and are dealing with wind and salt air.

I had two ceremonies. The first I did not have a hair trial because I had just moved from Canada to USA and there was no time for that. The style I wanted was an updo that required a hair piece because my hair is too fine to make that big a bun. At any rate I got my hair done with the hair piece and it was so heavy I felt like I was carrying a second head! I learned my lesson and did not do that again.

EegrrBride Posts : 8 Registered: 11/3/08
Posted: Jul 9, 2009 1:36 PM Go to message in response to: 10ISBride

I would compromise - keep the hair trial, especially if you have a veil and/or hairpiece. You don't want to be fooling around with that on the day of the wedding.

However I think you can skip the make-up trial, if you're looking to save $$. Make-up is a little more flexible - i.e. if you don't like the shade of lipstick the day-of, you just wipe it off and use different lipstick.

brideonmay Posts : 1 Registered: 12/8/08
Posted: Jul 9, 2009 3:11 PM Go to message in response to: 10ISBride

Hello,
Im am of the opinion that you should definetly do the trial... remember this is a one and only day and everyone is gonna see these pictures for the rest of your life... it's not like you can take the pictures again if you do not like the way you end up looking ... I will also advice you to take a picture with the veil (differente angles) during the trial..this will help you decide if it's the right look for you. Hey ask your bridesmaid or maid of honor to give you the trial as a present..you won't regret!

best wishes!

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 13, 2012 2:31 PM Go to message in response to: 10ISBride

Rosa Clara Wedding Dress Starting form 229.95USD
Click Here: http://www.bestbridalprices.us/designer-bridal-collections-rosa-clara-c-420_451.html

Kimberly212 Posts : 972 Registered: 9/12/12
Posted: Sep 19, 2012 7:51 PM Go to message in response to: 10ISBride

A-line Gold Strapless Sweetheart Layered Sequin Short Prom Dress
Save up to 48% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $88.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-gold-strapless-sweetheart-layered-sequin-short-prom-dress-p-32369.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine