Bachelorette party alternatives....

Online Users: 1,269 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 22

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Re: Bachelorette party alternatives....
Posted: Jun 29, 2009 8:04 AM Go to message in response to: atlanticwedding

Atlantic... we're not too friendly to non-paying vendors on this site. Your response was nothing more than a commercial. So.... contact brides.com and arrange for advertising.

Vendors who we welcome are ones who are here to offer their expertise, not advertise their services.

Misty

photochica Posts : 9 Registered: 5/21/09
Posted: Jun 29, 2009 5:33 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

There are several wineries in Maryland that have girls night events throughout the year. My bridesmaids and I don't mind getting our hands dirty, so we'll be helping one vineyard harvest their grapes this fall, and we will be treated to a dinner with wine pairings afterwards. It's completely free to us, and we get a pretty sweet dinner out of the deal!

brix24 Posts : 165 Registered: 8/3/08
Posted: Jun 30, 2009 1:12 AM Go to message in response to: photochica

I agree with the OP. I am going to hire a cottage at a small wine village about an hour away and have the girls spend a night with me there.

A year ago one of my girlfriends did a sleep over - we watched Grease and Footloose, sang, dance, pampered our bodies, pigged out on wine and pizza and did a massive pancake cookup the next morning. There was no reason for the sleepover, but it was a tonne of fun!

somedaysoon Posts : 32 Registered: 5/18/09
Posted: Jun 30, 2009 7:16 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

A word of caution on the paintball idea... Don't plan the paintball event too close to the wedding date. My fiance and his buddies came back from the feild yesterday covered in bruises. They showed no mercy. His kids and I escaped the week before with no damage, but I think its because they were being nice and tried to spare women and children. It is a blast, but you don't want to show up at the wedding looking like you've been beaten :)

TRSmile Posts : 1 Registered: 6/22/08
Posted: Jul 1, 2009 1:25 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I just had my bachelorette party last Saturday. I wanted something low-key - not a bar scene. A friend got us a suite at a hotel. The hostesses of the party brought appetizers and desserts. We had a variety of wines. They combined it with a lingerie shower. On the invitation they said to bring something that I could wear or use on my honeymoon. There were 14 of us and it was truly a wonderful evening - just sharing and having fun - with people that are special to me. After everyone left, I stayed in the suite, ordered room service for breakfast, and had a late checkout. My friends knew the peace and quiet would recharge me to get through the busy next two weeks. This might not be for everyone, but it was great for me!

frogmart Posts : 3 Registered: 7/30/07
Posted: Jul 1, 2009 3:23 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I am just the same! I hate smoky loud clubs and bars. So, what I am doing is renting a nice room in town, and having my wedding photographer do a Boudoir bash! They are becoming very popular, and it is so much fun! Basically the photographer gives each girl a photo session, and let's hr pose like a pinup model in her lingerie, or whatever. Afterwards, you get a great album of yourself, which you can give to your groom as a wedding present. The girls will have fun getting their hair and makeup done, and then posing! Plus, you have a great souvenir of the evening with pictures of you looking your finest! Better than a hangover I say!

saranic0le Posts : 20 Registered: 12/19/08
Posted: Jul 5, 2009 9:41 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

My bachelorette was low-key (just what I wanted). It was tropical themed (my husband and I went to the Domincan Republic for the honeymoon). We had lais (sp?), goofy sunglasses, tanktops to tie-dye, etc. Oh....and we had GOOD FOOD. Her bf BBQed chicken and she made pasta salad, etc. It was fun and nice catching up with old friends.

[url=http://www.weddingcountdown.com]imghttp://img.weddingcountdown.com/ticker/fb7rgxcigq.png[/img][/url]

Melypa Posts : 1 Registered: 1/22/09
Posted: Jul 10, 2009 6:25 PM Go to message in response to: saranic0le

The beaudoir idea sounds great..now to find a photographer in Montreal that does this and then pass on the word to my MOH!.
My gf's bachlorette was a combined with her hubbie's bachelor party. They had a competitive scavenger hunt (pictures and videos of them doing pyramids, taking pictures with police officers, singing songs and the likes) with the winning team (boys vs girls of course) winning bragging rights. All "proof" was shown on a projector at the restaurant in the evening were points were tabulated.
2) We have a few outdoor scandanvian spas in our area that are fairly inexpensive (30$ for access to the baths for the day) that would be a very relaxing day with the girls
3) Other parties that were ++ fun: sensual dance class or pole dancing class. Some can be done at a person's home- no boys aloud! and it is also an inexpensive option with a group of girls.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine