Color/Details Help PLZ!!!!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 8

WedWI Posts : 8 Registered: 5/31/09
Color/Details Help PLZ!!!!
Posted: Jul 1, 2009 1:18 PM

Hello,
My FH and I have been engaged for 7 months now and are just now starting the wedding planning (bad, i know...). We haven't set an exact date yet, however, we know it will be June of 2010. We have a few hurdles that we have come across.

1) We really love the idea of having green (maybe sage) as the primary color but cannot decide what to use as secondary and accent colors. The only thing that he is insistant upon is that he HATES the lime green and pink scheme.
2) We were thinking of having an untraditional wedding reception, sometimes called the "un-wedding". There would be a normal ceremony, however, it would take place early in the day so that the reception would be a brunch or lunch reception. Maybe a quartet or something, amazing food, outdoor games, etc. IDK... We don't want a traditional reception because his side of fam does not drink nor do they have any idea that we do....and mine, well, is the opposite (this could be a disaster). Neither of us are huge dancers and without alcohol, well enough said. This way, all of younger ppl can go out later. Am I crazy????

Sorry this is soooo long but as you can see, we have our work cut out for us.
Thanks and we would LOVE any help you can give us!

[url=http://www.weddingcountdown.com]
imghttp://img.weddingcountdown.com/ticker/eshnqxk.png[/img]
[/url

ToyToy09 Posts : 224 Registered: 6/3/09
Re: Color/Details Help PLZ!!!!
Posted: Jul 1, 2009 1:54 PM Go to message in response to: WedWI

If you guys are flirting around with June 2010, you guys are starting at a decent point. My colors, coincidently, are clover green, ivory, and damask (pattern). Below I have attached a pic that I found on google. This has really helped me with color ideas. You can be as creative as you like because green is a very neutral, cool color that can work well with others. Something that has helped me a GREAT DEAL is GOOGLE IMAGE. Type in your ideas (ex. green orange wedding) and tons of ideas will populate for you! I hope this helps with the color portion of your wedding!

firstblogcollage.jpg image by arr-gee

Wedding Tickers

http://thebenberryz.brides.com

Stephorse Posts : 138 Registered: 1/31/08
Posted: Jul 1, 2009 2:17 PM Go to message in response to: WedWI

Green is a great color because you could put it with anything! Green and orange would be a nice bright color combination or one of my favorties most recently has been green and brown.
Green and yellowBrown, white and green wedding by finestationery.
This is teal, yellow, and green which for me is a bit bright and too much, but it could work.

Then there is the tried and true red and green wedding.

I also like the idea of black, white and green which makes it really pop. Hopefully this gives you just a few ideas and you'll be inspired by some of these pictues here.

NessaRae615 Posts : 675 Registered: 9/23/08
Posted: Jul 1, 2009 2:46 PM Go to message in response to: Stephorse

I think green and purple would make a lovely wedding.

Also I did an early ceremony (10 am) with the reception following immediatly. I thought it was great, and so did the guests. The only alchohol we had was chamagne for the toast, and some was used for mimosa's durring the little cocktail hour while we were taking pictures. We had light music played while we ate brunch, which I still have people telling me how amazing the food was, and who doesn't love a good brunch? Then after we ate we socialized with our guests did a quick cake cutting, finished pictures, and socialized some more. After eating the music got a little more upbeat, but not loud, and the dance floor was open to whoever wanted to dance, which was mostly the kids. It was very nice and laid back, and the think the guests appriacated it because it gave the out of towners time to site see before going home, and I defantly loved it because it gave DH and I time together the rest of the day, and also gave us time to do a nice dinner with some out of town guests.

Mrslinnben Posts : 2,285 Registered: 6/4/07
Posted: Jul 1, 2009 6:48 PM Go to message in response to: WedWI

Hi,
My colors were celery green and a soft pink...for a spring wedding and the colors were beautiful together.

LilMrsSunshine Posts : 195 Registered: 6/25/08
Posted: Jul 1, 2009 8:02 PM Go to message in response to: WedWI

Hey,

We used Celadon Green which is kind of like sage and Orange Calla Lilies for my wedding. The guys were Peridot Vest from MWTUX

Here are a couple pictures. Hope it helps!! Happy Planning!!

Lil Mrs Sunshine

Just Married 4-4-09

WedWI Posts : 8 Registered: 5/31/09
Posted: Jul 2, 2009 9:05 AM Go to message in response to: LilMrsSunshine

Thanks soooo much for all of your help everyone! (and quick responses) I'm really liking the greens that everyone provided in the pictures thanks!!! I'll have to start making my own inspiration board :)

[url=http://www.weddingcountdown.com]
imghttp://img.weddingcountdown.com/ticker/eshnqxk.png[/img]
[/url

tashalynn Posts : 22 Registered: 1/31/07
Posted: Jul 6, 2009 9:54 PM Go to message in response to: WedWI

I am planning on using a sage green color for my wedding. The accent color I chose was a light peach. I think it would work for just about any shade of green so it would go nicely with whatever you chose. Hope that helped! Good luck with everything!

hellokitty4ever Posts : 740 Registered: 6/6/07
Posted: Jul 6, 2009 11:31 PM Go to message in response to: WedWI

My friend, who just got married this past October, had a sage green and chocolate brown color scheme. It was very beautiful. The BMs wore sage colored dresses with a chocolate brown sash and they looked amazing in it. Green goes with just about everything!

Photobucket

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine