Colors/Details Help!

Online Users: 1,305 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 1

WedWI Posts : 8 Registered: 5/31/09
Colors/Details Help!
Posted: Jul 1, 2009 1:13 PM

Hello,
My FH and I have been engaged for 7 months now and are just now starting the wedding planning (bad, i know...). We haven't set an exact date yet, however, we know it will be June of 2010. We have a few hurdles that we have come across.

1) We really love the idea of having green (maybe sage) as the primary color but cannot decide what to use as secondary and accent colors. The only thing that he is insistant upon is that he HATES the lime green and pink scheme.
2) We were thinking of having an untraditional wedding reception, sometimes called the "un-wedding". There would be a normal ceremony, however, it would take place early in the day so that the reception would be a brunch or lunch reception. Maybe a quartet or something, amazing food, outdoor games, etc. IDK... We don't want a traditional reception because his side of fam does not drink nor do they have any idea that we do....and mine, well, is the opposite (this could be a disaster). Neither of us are huge dancers and without alcohol, well enough said. This way, all of younger ppl can go out later. Am I crazy????

Sorry this is soooo long but as you can see, we have our work cut out for us.
Thanks and we would LOVE any help you can give us!

[url=http://www.weddingcountdown.com]
imghttp://img.weddingcountdown.com/ticker/eshnqxk.png[/img]
[/url

myra Posts : 5,550 Registered: 3/28/06
Re: Colors/Details Help!
Posted: Jul 1, 2009 1:16 PM Go to message in response to: WedWI

You would be better off posting this in another forum (Details, Planning, etiquette), so you'll get more ideas. Your plan sounds like fun and very workable. I'd suggest a blue/green color scheme. It looks great outdoors. I'll be happy to send you pictures--just contact me through my website and I'll send some out to you.
myra at www.classysassyweddings.com

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine