Colors/Details Help!

Online Users: 1,295 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 2

WedWI Posts : 8 Registered: 5/31/09
Colors/Details Help!
Posted: Jul 1, 2009 1:13 PM

Hello,
My FH and I have been engaged for 7 months now and are just now starting the wedding planning (bad, i know...). We haven't set an exact date yet, however, we know it will be June of 2010. We have a few hurdles that we have come across.

1) We really love the idea of having green (maybe sage) as the primary color but cannot decide what to use as secondary and accent colors. The only thing that he is insistant upon is that he HATES the lime green and pink scheme.
2) We were thinking of having an untraditional wedding reception, sometimes called the "un-wedding". There would be a normal ceremony, however, it would take place early in the day so that the reception would be a brunch or lunch reception. Maybe a quartet or something, amazing food, outdoor games, etc. IDK... We don't want a traditional reception because his side of fam does not drink nor do they have any idea that we do....and mine, well, is the opposite (this could be a disaster). Neither of us are huge dancers and without alcohol, well enough said. This way, all of younger ppl can go out later. Am I crazy????

Sorry this is soooo long but as you can see, we have our work cut out for us.
Thanks and we would LOVE any help you can give us!

[url=http://www.weddingcountdown.com]
imghttp://img.weddingcountdown.com/ticker/eshnqxk.png[/img]
[/url

clc9860 Posts : 4 Registered: 5/26/09
Re: Colors/Details Help!
Posted: Jul 7, 2009 4:29 PM Go to message in response to: WedWI

Hello! Sage/moss green and ivory look so classic together! You could also consider sea breeze blue or navy blue with sage for a cute preppy/guy friendly scheme.
Once you have two key colors you can play around with shades to give the decorations more depth. Don't underestimate your families/guests. Brides and Grooms take on too much and assume there will be drama when there might not be. People who don't drink alcohol can still associate with people who do, and bottom line...IT'S YOUR DAY. Offer several non-alcoholic alternatives, and don't worry too much.
A brunch would be ideal though if you're not serving alcohol. Offer lots of fun refreshments, like mint hibiscus tea, blueberry lemonade, and assorted juices. I've seen it done as a "juice bar" which is adorable, and that way people don't miss the booze as much. Lots of fresh fruits and vegetables add visual interest.
Hope that helps!!!
It's not about finding someone you can live with, it's finding the person you can't live without.

SweetSurrender Posts : 130 Registered: 5/14/09
Re: Colors/Details Help!
Posted: Jul 10, 2009 10:00 PM Go to message in response to: WedWI

For help with picking out colors, there's a blog called The Perfect Palette that puts together inspiration boards for different color schemes. Here's the link to the sage section:
http://theperfectpalette.blogspot.com/search/label/Sage
They show it with quite a few color combinations I wouldn't even think of!

As for the bruch/luncheon idea, I think that's great! Outdoor games would be fun! I've always wanted to have karaoke at my wedding reception... although I'm not sure how many of my guests would want to participate without booze. Ha!

Good luck with all the planning!

"Love doesn't make the world go 'round.
Love is what makes the ride worthwhile."

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine