September 2009 WIVES!!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 811

Heidibride30 Posts : 1,201 Registered: 4/16/08
Re: September 2009 Brides
Posted: Jun 21, 2009 9:55 AM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

Hey Misty, could you get a salad from the pizza place for your mom?

Proud member and S.C.A.T. of POOP - People Offended by Offended People

Posted: Jun 25, 2009 8:24 AM Go to message in response to: Heidibride30

I hauled my ass out of bed at 5am this morning so I could be ready to make my dining reservations for Disney at 6. I am sooooo tired now, LOL. But, we got all the restaurants we wanted. I had to switch days for a couple of them, but everything is set. YAY! So that's all set. Now we just need to finish planning the wedding. :) Can't have a honeymoon without one of those!

zachsgirl09 Posts : 21 Registered: 4/30/09
Posted: Jun 29, 2009 10:37 PM Go to message in response to: Heidibride30

Hi s!! I have finally decided to join the board, I have to admit, I am usually just a lurker. :)

Anyway, my wedding date is September 18, 2009. I wanted an evening wedding and Friday night worked best, so we are having it at 5:30 on a Friday night. Our colors are peach with accents of a darker peach and black.

My FH proposed to me April 17, 2009 so it has been a short engagement!! I would not have it any other way, though. It's been kinda stressful, especialy since I'm still working full time as well as him, and he lives two and half hours away! It's getting super close though and I'm SOOOO excited!!

Our budget is about $4000, and we have found some great bargains!!

I'm doing all carnation bouquets; white for the BM and white and peach for mine. I LOVE the look of all carnation bouquets, and I ordered them in silk online and am making them myself. I think total for flowers will be no more than $150!

And....the most awesome recent news is about the house we just bought. I will be moving to where he is after we are married, and we just closed on a house. He lives in Virginia, and it's so pretty where we will be living. And we are eligible for the $8000 stimulus for first time home buyers and that's really helping us out a lot.

Ok, I'm done for now, but I'll try not to just be a lurker anymore! Congratulations to all of you!! We're almost there!

You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep, because reality is finally better than you dreams Dr. Suess

I marry the BEST man in the world on September 18, 2009!  

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Jul 1, 2009 10:28 PM Go to message in response to: zachsgirl09

we HAVE been busy...I'm really excited about the stuff we've accomplished.... this one being one of them:

Yes. They are done. Finis. Addressed, stamped, stuffed, licked, sealed, and ready to ship.

We did do a minor boo boo (Heidi has already laughed at me over this). However, since we should learn from each other's mistakes...I shall share. You may learn from mine so that YOU won't have to learn it on your own.

When you're doing your head count and focused on the minutia of the guest list... even though you will not be mailing yourself and FH an invite, please include yourself on the guest list. You will want to make sure you don't go over your venue limit by YOU.... or that you have not forgotten to feed YOU.

I have 100 people in the probably yes/maybe yes category (there are a few in the definite no category -- President Obama, my grandmother, for example).... we have 100 chairs at my church in the reception area. The 100? Does not include FH and me. So...before we can raid the B list, we have to have space for us <G>

ALSO:

1. Purchased plates, etc, for reception
2. Purchased plates, etc, for rehearsal
3. Received custom bottle lables
4. Ordered tulle from Save-on-Crafts ( http://www.save-on-crafts.com/ )
5. Ordered linen look paper tablecloths from MyPaperCrafts (http://www.mypapershop.com/) (I will let you know how they look. We got 24 for $65.)
6. Ordered and received our AWESOME freaken Sharpie Pens (for the guestbook mat). They say: Misty and Johnathan, September 26, 2009 and have a rose on them They were $12 for 6 (and they actually sent us 7). They are really super cute.

FH has got a handle on his groom "cake" -- we have made the cannons and cannon balls. Just need the pirate people and he needs to make the hull and the sail.

Misty

lizrod Posts : 7 Registered: 2/2/09
Posted: Jul 6, 2009 12:20 PM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

Hola fellow September brides! Looks like you guys are all off and running, but a quick tip for anyone who's still working on their honeymoon. Carnival has great prices for cruises in September. We booked a 7-night 'adventure cruise' in the western Caribbean for less than $1000!

FinallyMrsS Posts : 1,035 Registered: 3/29/08
Posted: Jul 7, 2009 12:55 AM Go to message in response to: lizrod

Hello Ladies!

I am getting sooo excited! The wedding is getting super close!! I think I have 60 days to go! Yikes! I have everything done except cake and flowers. I just found out I can get a cake through my venue, so I will probably go that route. And I am only getting bouquets and boutineers so that should be easy! I sent out all of my invites on Friday. We sent out 82 which means we invited about 175 people(including kids). That is about 50 more people then we want to come!!! I know that sounds awful but we are pretty much paying for this thing on our own! We have a lot of single friends in the BP and even though we said they can bring a date, I think they are planning on coming date free. I hope at least! We will make it work though!

I have my bridal shower this weekend. I am super excited. There are a few key people that are not coming though, so I am kind of bummed about that. FMIL, one of my sisters, and my aunt will all be MIA. It sucks that they wont be coming, but what can I do? Oh well. I will still have a blast! We are having it at the Cheesecake Factory. Yum yum!

Well that is all I have for now! Hope everyone had a great 4th!
wedding website

Necolei Posts : 207 Registered: 7/31/06
Posted: Jul 7, 2009 11:39 AM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsS

That is a great deal on a cruise. We were going to do a cruise but it's not exactly in our control. So now we are going to Oahu thanks to an aunt and my FMIL. If we had to pay for our honeymoon it would have absolutely been on a cruise.

It sucks that there are people you want to come to your bachlorette party that are not. I just found out this weekend that my bachlorette party will be a toy party hosted by SlumberParties so I dunno what to think of that but we will see. I'm sure it will be fun. Yours sounds better though. I love the cheesecake factory.

I completely understand what you mean by it sucks that you have 50 more people invited than planned. I'm sure some will not come though. We invited about 20 more people than had planned which makes 120. We knew that about 10 would not come but now we are actually under people and have a confirmed 97. So who knows maybe you will have the same luck

FallBride91909 Posts : 88 Registered: 7/30/07
Posted: Jul 9, 2009 10:59 AM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsS

I dont know what I would do if we had to invite 50 more people than we wanted. Its bad enough we had to invite 30 more, but we already know we have some people from OOT that arent going to be able to make it, which will help ALOT! I hope you enjoy your bridal shower. Mine is this weekend as well. Sad to say, but I cant wait until it is over. My girls have done nothing but fight and argue and have constantly brought me into everything. I am excited though to see some people I havent seen in a few years. And it looks like my mother is finally coming around and is no longer telling me she isnt coming to the shower.
My bachelorette is now becoming an issue for the girls as well. I have 1 BM who is 20, the other 5 range from 22-35. 4 out of the 6 want to get a limo, go to dinner and then out to a few bars. Around here, all the bars are pretty much 21+ and we wont be able to get her in. Of course they fight about it, and then I get emails and phone calls. Ive suggested doing the dinner and bars one night and then maybe the next day or some other day going to the Outlet stores about 40 mins from where we are and then to the beach down the road for a beach day and have a picnic. Does anyone else have any ideas? Everything EXCEPT the wedding day stuff seems to be stressing me out!

Is anyone else feeling like they are behind even though your not? We have our invitations together and they are going out next week and everything is pretty much done except parent gifts and putting together favors, but I feel like Im forgetting something.

"When you figure out love is all that matters after all, It sure makes everything else seem so small." - Carrie Underwood

9/19/09 I marry my other half, my best friend!                       www.mywedding.com/ashleybrian

NewMrsVelino Posts : 144 Registered: 6/9/08
Posted: Jul 9, 2009 12:02 PM Go to message in response to: FallBride91909

Fallbride - I had the same issue with the bachelorette party. My MOH (who I don't even consider a friend anymore but don't want to deal with the drama of telling her to step down, so I appointed my older sister the matron of honor) had promised me that she would set up my bachelorette party in Milwaukee where we'd stay at a hotel and go to a few clubs out there. Well, over this past year she has grown rather close to my 19 yr old sister (MOH is 33) and taking her to this bar almost every night and decided that she needs to throw my bachelorette party at this one bar because my 19 yr old sister can get in there. MOH KNOWS I HATE this bar. It's a major drug bar, lots of cokeheads, heroin zombies, you name it, it's disgusting! Granted I don't hang out with any of the people and neither does my MOH, but I still feel really uncomfortable when going there and always afraid someone's going to slip something in my drink.Why would I want to spend my time there for my bachelorette party?! So I explained to my MOH I understand the fact that she wants my sister to be involved with the bachelorette party, but that I didn't want to have it at this bar either. I suggested plenty of different things that we could do to involve my sister and MOH blew up. (she is very spoiled, an only child, lived with her parents til she was 26, always had everything handed to her) So because she couldn't have her way she said she wasn't doing it. So, my coworker took over, which I did not know about while it was happening. Coworker reserved 3 hotel rooms at a hotel in Milwaukee, reserved a club for us ladies and has everything all planned out. Coworker asked me like a week after everything went down with my MOH for a list of girls that I wanted at my bach party and told me what she did. That was about 3 months ago. About a month ago I appointed my sister as my matron of honor because MOH and I hardly ever talk. Like I said, we're really not even friends anymore and I couldn't see having someone stand next to me on the most important day of my life representing me and our so called "friendship." MOH really didn't care that I did that either. So, last month my sister kept trying to contact MOH about the wedding shower and if she has any ideas and she wouldn't contact her back and didn't really seem to care about planning so, my sister took that over. MOH hasn't done anything but sit back and enjoy the ride. Sooo, after that being said, I will be so happy when this is all over. sigh

I also feel like I'm forgetting a lot and that I have a billion things to do. I also feel unmotivated for some reason. Hopefully I'll get out of that funk soon! Only 10 weeks to go! HOLY $H!T

(sorry for the long post)
When is my wedding

FinallyMrsS Posts : 1,035 Registered: 3/29/08
Posted: Jul 9, 2009 12:24 PM Go to message in response to: Necolei

Necolei- Everyone I want is coming to the Bachelorette party. It is the bridal shower that people will be MIA for. And they are all REALLY important to me. Oh well.... Your bachelorette party sounds like fun! One of my friends is getting married a few months after me and we are planning that kind of Bach party for her. If that is not something you want, you should speak up! Or maybe after the party you guys can go out if that is what you want to do. When my MOH was planning my BP I told her I either wanted a weekend wine tasting or one where we can lounge by the pool all day and go out at night. I got the pool one and we are heading to Palm Springs for a weekend of fun in the sun! Your BP will be great if you want it to be!

Fall- I have a few suggestions for you. What about a trip to the day spa, followed by dinner, followed by 20 year old leaving and everyone else goes out. She has to understand that because of her age she is not allowed to do certain things and you shouldn't suffer because of that. If you want to go out then by all means you should! Or my other thought was to go away for a weekend. Let her bring a friend so that everyone can hang out during the day and at night her and a friend can do their thing and the older girls can do theirs. Good luck, girl! It will all work out! I hope your shower this weekend is great! Hopefully no one will bring up any drama.

FMVelino- That is a whole crap load of drama to be dealing with! I am glad that you at least have your sister and coworker to get things done! I think if you and this girl are truly no longer friends. Offer to reimburse her for her dress and kick her a$$ out! Dont even invite her if you truly think your friendship will never recover. Or just demote her. I would. She will be in the pictures from your wedding for the rest of your life!

Well I already got back 2 rsvps! Both were yesses but they were 2 couples I already knew would come. I invited all of my family from out of town and I HIGHLY doubt they will come. I already know 12 are not going to come and I gave my BP the option to bring a guest, but I know that 7 are coming stag. So that is 19 people I already know for sure are not coming. Now I just need 31 more to decline!! That sounds so terrible! My family is just so freaking big! I couldn't even invite all of my friends bc I wanted to invite my whole family. It is definitely crazy! It will all work out though!

Alright I am off to get my passport! I hope everyone has a great day!
wedding website

FallBride91909 Posts : 88 Registered: 7/30/07
Posted: Jul 10, 2009 3:50 PM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsS

19 is a great start!! I cant wait to start getting RSVP's back...I will feel so much better when we get the no's back that we need. I wouldnt worry about how back that sounds...I did for a while, but I dont go around telling my family or people invited that, so its not that bad! lol
Thanks for the suggestions for the bachelorette. Unfortunately, there's only like 3 of us that like going to the spa and going away for a weekend is pretty much out of the question. I have 2 college students in my party, 2 mothers who cant get away, 1 moving to SC in 2 weeks (my best friend of 11 years :( ) and another who is just getting on her feet from being out of work due to surgery. So I dont think any of them could really afford a weekend away right now. Im sure it will all work out and Im sure I'll have a good time no matter what they decide.
FH and I are both at our rope's end with stress levels. We were both finally able to relax and calm down after all the crap that went on up until this point with my shower and FFIL was just admitted into the hospital with a heart problem. He had a massive heart attack 2 years ago and now hes back in the hospital and we dont know whats going on yet. I swear, nothing is going our way..at all!

"When you figure out love is all that matters after all, It sure makes everything else seem so small." - Carrie Underwood

9/19/09 I marry my other half, my best friend!                       www.mywedding.com/ashleybrian

Posted: Jul 15, 2009 11:44 PM Go to message in response to: FallBride91909

Had a productive day today. I ordered my tiara (it's really more of a headband) and our cake topper. The store was awesome...there was an entire wall of tiaras. I think I tried most of them on, LOL. But in the end, I think that my head is too small for a full on tiara. The headband looked much better on me. And it will look cute with my hair down or up so I have plenty of options.

After dinner, FH and I met with our photographer and had our engagement pictures taken. This was the first time we actually met her, so we were really excited. I was also happy because we went to the park that we would have loved to have some of our wedding pics taken at, but it's just too far from our venue. But this way we still get some pics there. I can't wait to see how they turn out!! She got a few of FH and I sitting on the docks with out feet dangling in the water.

NewMrsVelino Posts : 144 Registered: 6/9/08
Posted: Jul 16, 2009 5:06 PM Go to message in response to: Heidibride30

So Friday I went and had my final fitting for my dress. They told me I had to make my appointment in June so that it would be ready in time for September so I rushed to make sure I'd get it done before September. Well, 3 weeks later it was done! Oh well, better early than late! Anyways, the fit was PERFECT! I was kind of having 2nd thoughts on the dress after I bought it because I had to buy it a couple sizes bigger because I am top heavy so every time I put it on I hated it because it was so big. I absolutely love the way it turned out, the bustle is beautiful .. everything is awesome! I can't wait to wear it on our wedding day!!! If I can get it to work on here, lol. If it didn't come through let me know.

Then on Saturday, I was FINALLY able to get FH to go to the jeweler where he purchased my e-ring and wedding band so that we could finally look at or even pick out a band for him. Well, 15 minutes after being there, FH picked out his ring. They said 3 weeks for it to be in ... already called today and said it was in. I am so happy that everything is just working out so wonderfully time wise. I guess I should knock on wood though.

I emailed our photographer on Monday to find out about scheduling our engagement session, but haven't heard from him yet. I think I'll call there tomorrow.

Hmmm .. what else, oh my sister (matron of honor) is going to come over tomorrow to help me with invitations and I hope to get those out on Monday. I think Sunday my mom and I will finally go and see about ordering the flowers. All I'll need is bouquets, boutonnieres, and corsages. The only thing besides those things that need to be done are the favors. We are kind of having a "fishing theme" so I'll be putting swedish fish and gummy worms in tulle with ribbon wrapped around. Still trying to come up with better ideas on that, but so far that's what I'm at. Oh and I need to order our cake topper which will be this: Hopefully you can see it.
{color:#b7b7db}{font:Arial}{color:#b7b7db}{font:Arial}{color:#b7b7db}7103.jpg{color}

Do you ladies have a lot left to do?
When is my wedding

Posted: Jul 16, 2009 11:32 PM Go to message in response to: NewMrsVelino

Heidi- Your engagment photos sound gorgeous. I feel like I'm missing out cause me and my fiancee did not do engagement photos. We got engaged almost 3 yrs ago and did not have the money than and don't feel like it is completely neccassary almost 3 yrs later.

Mrs Velino- Your wedding sounds so cute with the whole fishing theme. I love your favors idea. I don't know how your money is but the only other thing I could think of, however it may look tacky not quit sure on that, is putting your tulle bags inside of little mini tin bucket like you had a bucket of worms or a bucket of fish. Well maybe your idea is better now that I read what I wrote.

I don't have too much to do. My mom is supposed to finish my bustle sometime this century and other than that all I have is to wait for RSVP's so that I can finish my seating chart.

Posted: Jul 16, 2009 11:38 PM Go to message in response to: NewMrsVelino

I am hoping you ladies still have some great ideas left. I am having a creative issue. I am going to place seating cards at every seat, however, I DO NOT want my guests to have to walk around every table until they find their seats. What else can I add to help the guests find their seats?

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine