Pets in your wedding photographs

Online Users: 1,253 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 13

1010VTbride Posts : 50 Registered: 5/24/09
Pets in your wedding photographs
Posted: Jun 27, 2009 10:04 PM

How many of you included your pet(s) in your wedding photos? I'd like some photos with my dogs and my horse, but my FH thinks I'm a bit nuts....was hoping others posting here would show him I'm not the only one!

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Re: Pets in your wedding photographs
Posted: Jun 27, 2009 11:26 PM Go to message in response to: 1010VTbride

Dear 10110,

It sounds like a great idea to me, why the heck not?

But, then my vote does not count. The only people who have any say are you and FH.

Will the critters be at the wedding, or would you have a separate photo session with them?

Posted: Jun 27, 2009 11:42 PM Go to message in response to: auntofthebride

Well I asked for input, so of course your opinion counts! ;) The dogs would be in a few photos after the ceremony. I'd probably do the session with my horse when I return from the honeymoon....so he would DEF not be at the wedding :)

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Jun 28, 2009 1:51 AM Go to message in response to: 1010VTbride

OP - LOL Just so you know, a lot of posters come on here and ask for opinions but when they dont' hear what they want to hear then they get mad.

Also, I think AOTB's point was/is that it is a decision for you and your FH to make jointly.

Now, if all he is worried about is it being weird but isn't dead set against it and it's important to you, then go for it.

BUT if your FH is desperately against it then you need to decide if you want to fight that battle.

Personally, it's different BUT cool. I get it.

Bally Posts : 355 Registered: 9/25/08
Posted: Jun 28, 2009 7:44 AM Go to message in response to: 1010VTbride

I think photos with your horse and you in your dress would be gorgeous! Especially in sepia tones or something like that!

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Jun 28, 2009 11:08 AM Go to message in response to: 1010VTbride

Dear 1010,

There's nothing wrong with out-of-the-ordinary wedding photos, so long as you don't make someone else uncomfortable. Posing with your pets sounds like a great idea.

One of my friends has a daughter who is a doctor. When the daughter got married, they posed with a stethoscope. There is a great photo of the bride, in full wedding dress, using the stethoscope to listen to her new husband's heart. He's looking at the camera in mock-terror.

It's a cute photo, and certainly unusual.

Leadership Posts : 1 Registered: 6/28/09
Posted: Jun 28, 2009 12:06 PM Go to message in response to: 1010VTbride

I think dogs in a wedding photo is a nice idea - But I'll warn you! If you pet passes away, it means that your 'happy and nosthaligic' look over the wedding photos may turn tearful.

Posted: Jun 28, 2009 2:06 PM Go to message in response to: Leadership

Thanks for all of your replies. I am planning to have my pugs at the venue, more for convenience in not having to kennel them than anything else, so getting pics with them should be fairly easy.

Getting pics with my horse might require a little more planning, however. I ride and train horses professionally when I am not at my "real" job, so it would be fitting. I hadn't even really given it a thought until I came across the following links which served as my inspiration for giving this a try.(Note...this is NOT me....this is a woman who posts on a horsey bulletin board that I also frequent...and her video/photo shoot called "Trash the Dress"). You'll see the wedding dress portion about a minute into the video:

http://www.horseflyfilms.com/video/trashthedress.html

http://www.marycornelius.com/#/client/template.xml?aaa=portfolio/7118 (some wedding dress still shots)

FutureMrsPrice Posts : 12 Registered: 3/30/09
Posted: Jun 28, 2009 2:45 PM Go to message in response to: 1010VTbride

Wow! That video and those photos are absolutely stunning!!

I think it's a great idea to include your pets in your wedding photos. Animals become such a huge part of our lives that I think it would be very appropriate include them (as long as FH agrees).

I think that a session with your horse would be perfect for a "trash the dress" session following the honeymoon. Just make sure your horse won't spook at the sight of a giant white dress! lol

Make sure you post the photos if you end up having the pets around, I'd love to see how they turn out!
wedding website

rubyred1 Posts : 968 Registered: 8/9/07
Posted: Jun 28, 2009 4:04 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsPrice

My dog was in my wedding. She walked down the aisle with the BM, and then was handed off to a guest to watch during the ceremony. The venue kept an eye on her for most of the reception, but she did come in and hang out and meet everyone. She was a huge hit, and it would not have been the same without her there.

Posted: Jun 28, 2009 4:15 PM Go to message in response to: rubyred1

Awww great pics!!! Thanks for sharing! I'd have to resist the urge to dress my pugs up in this though :

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Jun 30, 2009 12:10 AM Go to message in response to: 1010VTbride

Ruby,your pictures are great, dont think Ive seen those before,with your dog. Awesome.
OP I think pet pics are a wonderful idea,and doing a session after the wedding with your horse is probably the best option.

I write funny wedding blogs,and I actually wrote one about this pet in weddings topic awhile back, if anyone wants to check it out. I found some pretty funny pictures that I included along with it...

http://www.myaislerunner.com/blog/2007/09/page/5/

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com  

See our funny Wedding Wed-isode @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OokYNI91ztU&NR=1

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for standup comedy clips,sketches,and more @ www.youtube.com/kelleyfunnylady

Co-Founder and Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People.

"Children are just like adults, minus the crushing failure." - Stephen Colbert

Bride2008 Posts : 3,058 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Jun 30, 2009 10:03 AM Go to message in response to: 1010VTbride

As long as there is no risk of your horse knocking you over into the mud, I say go for it. I would have taken pictures with my dog on my wedding day if she had still been around. If they are an important part of your life, there is no reason to exclude them.

P.O.O.P.E.R. - People Offended by Offended People Executive Recruiter

Posted: Jul 12, 2009 8:38 PM Go to message in response to: Bride2008

Thanks everyone for your replies. I think we've decided to incorporate the dogs in some of the wedding photos. I'm not sure if the horse will make the photos though (he is in Virginia and wedding is in Vermont :( )
wedding website

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine