My flower mix-up :(

Online Users: 1,294 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 3

zachsgirl09 Posts : 21 Registered: 4/30/09
My flower mix-up :(
Posted: Jun 25, 2009 9:59 PM

I decided to do silk flowers for my wedding and I found a website that had what I wanted for a really good price. save-on-crafts.com has tons of things to choose from. I found these really pretty Peach parchment paper roses that I wanted to use. I kept tracking them. They came in today and I was so excited to see them. But when I opened the box, I saw that my flowers were purple!! At first I thought that's what they were really supposed to look like, (you know how colors can appear different on the monitor compared to real life) but I got online and saw that they looked exactly like the rose and cream ones, and not anything like the peach ones. I emailed the company so hopefully all will be well. sigh so that was my excitement for the day.

But I really did want to share about the roses. They look super pretty in real life, they don't look fake at all! And they were on sale. I looked at so many other peach silk roses and too many of them look too fake. I know they are silk and they are fake, but I don't want them to look like I bought them at the dollar store. :) Here's a picture of what I bought.

{font:Microsoft Sans Serif}{size:2px}

I'm doing all white carnation bouquets for the bridesmaids, (which I received them today, also and was playing around with doing the bouquets and I think they are going to look adorable) and for my bouquet I'm doing the roses and a few carnations. Most of the bouts will be white carnations, except for my future hubby, he will have a rose also.

Anyway....thanks for listening to my disappointing news! I was so frustrated. But maybe someone will find some roses that they like. They come in a lot of different colors. And like I said, I was really pleased with how life-like that actually look!

You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep, because reality is finally better than your dreams Dr. Suess

Emaylie Posts : 13 Registered: 6/24/09
Re: My flower mix-up :(
Posted: Jun 25, 2009 11:24 PM Go to message in response to: zachsgirl09

I found a website that gives a lot of insite on Flowers and the whole aura.
http://ericasweddingfavors.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=flowers&x=0&y=0

I know everything will turn out great.

Happy Wedding

I love my guy!

greenpansy Posts : 55 Registered: 6/23/09
Posted: Jun 26, 2009 12:47 AM Go to message in response to: Emaylie

Awww, sorry they weren't what you were expecting. I'm sure they will get it sorted out for you. Those flowers are really pretty though.
Elizabeth

kalama Posts : 299 Registered: 7/26/12
Posted: Sep 25, 2012 11:34 PM Go to message in response to: zachsgirl09

Can you share us the url link? They look so nice,I wan to have a try!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine