Michael Jackson has Died... Nooooo!!!!

Online Users: 1,330 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 44

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Michael Jackson has Died... Nooooo!!!!
Posted: Jun 25, 2009 6:26 PM

All kinds of nonconfirmed reports are saying he is actually dead, but CNN and others say he is in a coma. Went into cardiac arrest and is now in LA hospital. 50yrs old. And now CNN is also saying he has died. Oh my God.

First Ed McMahon, then Farrah, now this??? I thought it desrved its own thread. He was my HERO in the 80s. Had his pics EVERYWHERE, listened to Thriller album over and over and over.

Im completely in shock right now. Seriously.

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com  

See our funny Wedding Wed-isode @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OokYNI91ztU&NR=1

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for standup comedy clips,sketches,and more @ www.youtube.com/kelleyfunnylady

Co-Founder and Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People.

"Children are just like adults, minus the crushing failure." - Stephen Colbert

FinallyMrsF Posts : 285 Registered: 10/24/07
Re: Michael Jackson has Died... Nooooo!!!!
Posted: Jun 25, 2009 6:31 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

I agree Kelley. It has been a bad week in Hollywood. I LOVE Michael Jackson, and it pains me to think he might be dead. I am also urging all my friends and family to suck it up and have thier Colorectal cancer screening when it is recommended by thier physician. Farrah fought hard, and she was advocating for awareness. I know people think its embarrassing but its worth it to maybe catch something early.

LilMrsSunshine Posts : 195 Registered: 6/25/08
Posted: Jun 25, 2009 6:36 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

He has officially passed. As of a few moments ago.

Lil Mrs Sunshine

Just Married 4-4-09

Posted: Jun 25, 2009 6:38 PM Go to message in response to: LilMrsSunshine

Yup. Hes gone. Hide those lil Angel boys up in heaven. Wait, thats awful LOL.
Im really shocked right now.
You guys have no idea what a Jackson freak I was in the 80s. Like, embarassingly so.
Sigh.

See our funny Wedding Wed-isode @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OokYNI91ztU&NR=1

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for standup comedy clips,sketches,and more @ www.youtube.com/kelleyfunnylady

MrsRicecake Posts : 700 Registered: 2/2/08
Posted: Jun 25, 2009 6:43 PM Go to message in response to: LilMrsSunshine

They interrupted my show to talk about it! CRAZY! All things come in threes....sad day.

Formerly FMR2008 

Married Since December 27, 2008!

cldeross Posts : 113 Registered: 6/24/09
Posted: Jun 25, 2009 6:53 PM Go to message in response to: MrsRicecake

My mother said new era new rules. Death comes if Fours, don't forget David Caradine from Kung Fu & Kill Bill.

Mrslinnben Posts : 2,285 Registered: 6/4/07
Posted: Jun 25, 2009 8:52 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

I was in a bit of shock...I was making dinner! I thought it was kinda weird just after hearing of Farrah's passing earlier in the day.......Then I said to DH, I wonder how Elizabeth Taylor is handeling the passing of Michael, they were such great friends!

rubyred1 Posts : 968 Registered: 8/9/07
Posted: Jun 25, 2009 9:56 PM Go to message in response to: Mrslinnben

Everyone at work was getting texts, but I refused to believe it until it was reported on CNN. I can't believe how many celebrities have died this week.

Posted: Jun 25, 2009 10:29 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Just a small tribute. My very favorite Jackson 5 Song ever:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ane6VJGlIMs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cYk_ZcBLiQ

Above is a great tribute that someone on YouTube put together. Its got the moonwalk, everything.

Just had a long conversation with my longest childhood friend about this. Michael Jackson WAS our childhood. He was our Elvis. I just cant believe it. But in some ways I can. I never pictured him livving a long life. Most icons die young. I always figured he would kill himself, and who knows what theyll find in the autopsy still. Cardiac arrest could mean anything. So sad though, he was a troubled person, but Ill always remember him as THE pop icon who changed and altered rock n roll back in and around 1984....

TheNewMrsJ Posts : 754 Registered: 1/6/08
Posted: Jun 25, 2009 11:29 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

oh i know what you mean kelley!

granted Thriller came out like a year before I was born, but that didn't mean I didn't listen to it! I remember my parents had it on vinyl, but i wasn't allowed to touch the record player, so they made me a cassette tape copy that i constantly listened to on my little brown Fischer Price tape recorder. I listened it to so much that they eventually took it off me cuz they didn't think it was good for a 3 or 4 year old to be that into it, lol...

I remember watching the Thriller special they would play like once a year, where they'd show the full length feature of it and then the hour long behind the scenes special. I could handle the music video just fine, but something about the behind the scenes special scared the crap out of me and would give me nightmares, lol...

I remember my dad got tired of me renting Milo and Otis each week at the video store and talked me into renting The Wiz one week since it had my current 2 favorite things as a 3 and 4 year old - the Wizard of Oz and Michael Jackson, lol... granted I was confused as to why Oz was in a big modern city, but hey, it had Michael Jackson in it!

I remember the only things I liked about Epcot Center at Disneyworld was that Figment the purple imagination dinosaur and the Captain EO 3D adventure. OMG I think our first trip there we saw Captain EO at least twice if not 3 times. I was really sad when we went in 2000 and learned they had replaced it with the stupid Honey I Shrunk the Audience 3D adventure... Captain EO was sooooo much better - I still have my poster too that we hung in my playroom.

And of course watching all the music videos! I wasn't allowed to watch MTV, as they had some content my parents didn't want me to see, but VH1 used to play mainly only videos back then so when I wasn't watching PBS or Nickelodeon I'd be glued to VH1 - I remember enjoying his music videos even though I didn't really know what half of them were about, lol...

And remember when the Black & White video first aired on Fox? I do! I loved how Maculaly Culkin was in it too... but I remember my mom getting upset over the ending, where he's like grabbing his crotch and breaking stuff in the alley - she wouldn't let me watch that and i didn't understand why until later, lol... And of course there was the Free Willy song too - I used to love that movie, as well as the song, lol...

And then sometime after "Scream" he got kinda weird and I grew out of it, but I still do like a lot of the songs from the 80s and early 90s. LOL when I was little, I used to stare at my Captain EO post and be like "I wanna marry him someday!" lol... glad I grew up!

Anyone remember the "Moonwalker" movie? Where Joe Pesci is a bad guy who wants to get kids hooked on drugs and Michael has to stop him? The best parts of that movie were the few scenes where Michael turns into a transformer, as well as the awesome 1930's Smooth Criminal dance number.

Ahhh childhood...

Friends since December 1997, together since December 2006
September 13, 2008 I legally became his and he became mine.

I tend to write long posts - short and simple doesn't exist with me!
That's how I am, take it or leave it.

MovieBits - your source for reviews, news and more!
www.moviebits.blogspot.com

Posted: Jun 25, 2009 11:41 PM Go to message in response to: TheNewMrsJ

Smooth Criminal and Black and White are my two top "later" MJ songs. Brilliant.

I absolutely remember all the things you mentioned. I was a teenager and preteen in the80s, and it WAS my childhood. He represented my childhood. Grew up in a tiny town and I remember during recess me and my freind Sarah (who called me tonight to mourn lol) would walk next door to buy $1 Michael Jackson PINS to put all over our jackets. And back then, you couldnt just watch videos any ole time. There wasa show called Friday NightVideos,and it was a huge deal to stay up late on weekends and watch all the new stuff. They would give away things, and my friend Stephanie won the Making of Thriller video and jacket, and she called us up at 1am in the morning screaming OH MY GOD I WON I WON I WON!!!! lol.

I used to try and moonwalk in my bedroom almost everyday. I had the one glove. Yup, I was that hooked. Posters and pinups of him ALL OVER my bedroom. Well, him and Duran Duran lol. But mostly him. Had the big Billie Jean poster where hes dancing on the squares.

I also , like you, used to think I would marry him lol. Actually, I didnt quite understand why he didnt want to marry me. I remember watching The American Music Awards and I was PISSED that he took Brooke Shields to the show and not ME. Yeah, that makes sense. I think I cried. I was one of those pathetic screaming chicks you see ,where they start crying and hyperventiliating. Yeah, that was me.

Literally, when I think of my childhood, I think of Michael Jackson. Hes the first one who was THAT iconic to die. He was ours. Man, its just so weird.

At my parents house in Massachusetts, in the attic, Im pretty sure I still have my original Thriller album. You know, ALBUMS, LPs ..... yeah. They dont make em like that anymore.

What a songwriter, dancer, choreographer, singer, entertainer. He had it all for talent.
The great thing about peopel like that though, is that they really DO live on because we never stop listening to them . The music never dies.

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com

Edited by: kelleyiskelley on Jun 25, 2009 11:41 PM

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Jun 26, 2009 7:38 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

May the king of pop R.I.P

It's very shocking news.

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Jun 26, 2009 7:45 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Kelley wow...you were a HUGE fan lol. Your great love for Mr. Jackson reminds me of my great love for The Backstreet Boys lol. Funny though....Mr. Jackson paved the road for The Backstreet Boys :)

I'm gonna play some M. Jackson's song at my wedding to remember his music :)

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

Knoxvegas Posts : 951 Registered: 9/12/07
Posted: Jun 26, 2009 8:41 AM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

Kelly: you said it best "the music never dies"

I was born the year of Thriller, but that did not change the fact that I loved Michael Jackson. I love the Jackson 5 and his later stuff too. Who didn't try to moonwalk?

Does anyone remember the video of the reunion from a while back? Michael and his brothers performing together on stage was amazing.

I'm actually watching Today right now and they are doing a tribute to him for the whole episode today. Right now is a look back at the music and it's so hard to think that this amazing musical genius is gone. How many new artists credit MJ as an influence? Too many to count.

What makes it so much more sad is that he was on the brink of his comeback tour.

Michael is now singing with the angels.

"Love is not a matter of counting the years -- it's making the years count."

-Wolfman Jack Smith

BoysMissLady Posts : 932 Registered: 1/18/07
Posted: Jun 26, 2009 9:11 AM Go to message in response to: TheNewMrsJ

Michael Jackson was the GERATEST ENTERTAINER EVER!!! And there will NEVER be anyone who will get even remotely close to where he was. Yes, there wass scandal and tragedy in his life, but he was human and was never allowed to live a normal life...that is the true tragedy that everyone he met always took from him and very few poured into him. But if none of that would have happened would he have reached the heights he reached? I will certainly miss Michael Jackson, he was my very first crush. I had a little Michael Jackson radio and the red leather jacket with the zippers all over it.

My heart really goes out to my mother and other people in her generation because they literally grew up with him, she'll be 52 in September. It is just a reminder of how fragile life is and that we must cherish all of the people in our lives. We must give respect where it is due. And we must love with our whole hearts.

So if I hear one more reporter talk about the child molestation case or any other thing negative about Michael, I just may scream...it's ridiculous! Applaud the man for his accomplishments...you tormented his life now please let him rest in peace.

I pray for peace and comfort for his family!

(But Thriller is still on my NO PLAY list for my wedding...scares the crapola outta me)

wedding widget

www.mywedding.com/justinandmeaganswedding

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine