What got you motivated?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1,114

marlen456y Posts : 1 Registered: 6/16/09
Re: What got you motivated?
Posted: Jun 16, 2009 2:58 AM Go to message in response to: Danyel

Yep, I agree with that post. Motivation happens only when you see little successes. So, in case of weight loss, once you lose 2 pounds on first week and 4 pounds on next, you will be motivated to lose even more next week, and more next week, etc. Why? Because you know you CAN do it! That is how everyone loses weight. I wish you well! :)

FinallyMrsS Posts : 1,035 Registered: 3/29/08
Posted: Jun 16, 2009 10:43 PM Go to message in response to: marlen456y

Hey all! It has been kind of dead in here! I am not checking in with any progress! I really haven't had time. My days are still so crazy and I have 6 reports due for work in the next week(they all take about 2-3 hours to complete). That is on top of my 50 hour work week. On top of that I have to address and send out all invitiations this weekend. Luckily I have enlisted a few BMs to help with that. AHHHHH when will it stop??? I also feel like there is constantly drama happening and it is driving me nuts. Most recenetly one of my BMs who is getting married in Jan flipped when I said we were having our rehearsal dinner at a certain restaurant. Apparently she was planning hers there and we cant do the same place even though no one would know but me, FH, and her and her FH. She changed her location to a different restaurant. Oh well.... FMIL is paying for our rehersal dinner and she wants to have it at this certain place, so we are keeping the location. It is one of mine and FHs favorite restaurants. I am soooo excited! And grateful because we would have had a cheesy cheap rehersal dinner!

Anyways, I am off to have a slumber party with one of my friends. She is moving soon and her DH is out of town for the night.

Oh just remembered.... Does anyone get email notifications when they have a message sent to them? I never do and realized I had 6 messages in my inbox.
wedding website

Posted: Jun 18, 2009 6:53 PM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsS

Ok seriously where is everyone??? I am having a very stressful week. I have so much work to do and not enough time to do it. I am still trying to get those reports done, but I haven't been sleeping well and so I am always soooo tired. Maybe I should go see a doctor. I am also having issues with my car. The place that fixed it from the accident did a terrible job and the whole thing has been a nightmare. Ugh! Anyways... Still no gym for me. I need to go so bad! I have about 79 days to go now! Its so close! How is everyone else doing?

Tanis how's the competition in the other thread going?
wedding website

TanisJ Posts : 2,669 Registered: 4/25/07
Posted: Jun 19, 2009 10:32 AM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsS

I am still here! Although now here is Newport RI. EH is taking a course and I am tagging along. As we are eating out every night I am trying to balance a healthy breakfast and lunch with a fun dinner. I worked out 2.5 hours on Tuesday and did the Cliff Walk which is a 3.5 mile hike. I also had to get back to the car so it was a 7 mile hike. Yesterday I took off and today I am going to go to their "gym" and do an hour or so of cardio. I have eaten a lot of lobster. A lot. The competition aka BL10 is over now and I beat Kelley! woohoo. Actually I think I had the most points out of anyone. However, we are going double or nothing on BL11 and starting out of town and with a lot of lobster is tough. Well not tough as in tough, but hard to get points. lol.

Sorry to hear you are so busy Samantha. All the hard work will pay off. I hope you find time for the gym soon.

CamLovesJmw Posts : 49 Registered: 12/3/08
Posted: Jun 22, 2009 3:46 PM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsS

We're back after staying thursday-Sunday in Spokane, Washington, for a wedding. It was awesome, the bachlorette party was AWESOME! The wedding was AWESOME! we all had a lot of fun.

I'm back on working out, and eating semi-healthy....

That's about it so far...

Chelsea

Chelsea and Josh Six years Strong

Sunshine80 Posts : 136 Registered: 8/8/08
Posted: Jun 30, 2009 10:54 PM Go to message in response to: CamLovesJmw

Hey Girls!!

I am still here! I haven't signed on in a few weeks, FH and I were in Ireland for 8 days visiting his family and friends and are now back and settling back in. Today I went shopping with my mom for a MOB dress for her for our wedding, and she got a GORGEOUS one!! She looks amazing in it. Afterwards, I went shopping on my own for a dress for my bridal shower, and I got a super cute one!! It is white, short and strapless, with a subtle silver brocade. I really love it and feel great in it :) It's definitely an outfit that makes me see my progress!

I haven't weighed in since before Ireland, but I am going to this week, so we will see! I have my first dress fitting next week, wish me luck. I'll check back in soon!!

Posted: Jul 2, 2009 11:02 AM Go to message in response to: Sunshine80

Hello Ladies!!

Checking in again...I weighed in this morning even though it isn't Friday, because I'm leaving town today. I am down 1 pound since my last weigh in!!! These days, I'll take any success :) My body has made it clear that it likes to hover around where I am right now as it's "slim weight", so for me to go any further (which I can totally safely do), I have to exert much more effort than I did to lose the first bunch of weight. I lost 25 lbs between last July and January, and since then I have just kind of hovered within 3 lbs or so of that weight, up down up down, but only by a few lbs. So, I am trying to get below that weight for the wedding, just by a few pounds, and stay there. Today I am 1 lb less than the last time I weighed in, which was a few weeks ago, but during that time I was out of the country on vacation in Ireland for over a week which included lots of drinking and eating, so I am proud of myself that I stayed on track and lost a little more when I got home. My first dress fitting is one week from tomorrow....I'd be thrilled if I miraculously lost 5 pounds between now and then, but I'd be happy with a few. Either way, my attitude on this right now is that I don't weight loss to have too much of a focus for me because I did the hard work of losing the major chunk of weight early, and I did that so that I wouldn't have to be stressing out about losing weight right before the wedding, but I noticed that happening lately and I said "No way". I want to enjoy my hard work and enjoy all of my pre-wedding events that are starting, not worry about the last 5 measly pounds. Also, my wedding is still 2 1/2 months away, so I know I can take off those 5 lbs and possibly more, but I'm not going to worry about it before my fitting.

Also, I am happy to say that my skinniest skinny pants, the ones I always use to gauge my progress because they are tailored to be very fitted and have NO stretch to them, they fit like a dream this morning!! So even though I am currently 2.5 lbs above my lowest weight, I am still looking the same in clothes as I was at that point. Also, the dress I bought for my shower (which is in 2 weeks!!) is a Nicole Miller, it's a tiny little number and I got it in a size 12. I normally wear a 12 now, but this is high end designer clothing, so the sizes usually run a bit smaller because they expect people to be itty bitty :) And the dress is definitely cut close to the figure, and I am so happy with how I look in it!! Some of the dresses I was trying on (all of which were also designer dresses) were fitting me in a size 10, so I think I am on my way there, because some of the size 12s were definitely too big! So that was a big success :)

Ok ladies, good work everyone and let's try to keep it going on here even if sporadically so that we can celebrate the 1 year anniversary of this thread!!! I checked when I came on, FMS started it on July 13th 2008. Awwwww!! We've been helping and supporting and inspiring each other for a YEAR!! Now THAT'S something to celebrate!

Posted: Jul 2, 2009 3:27 PM Go to message in response to: Sunshine80

Hello all!

Sun congrats on being down another pound!! Is your bridal shower on July 11? Mine is the 12th! I am stressing about what to wear! I want to get a new outfit and FH is trying to say I don't need one! But I REALLY think I do! I just don't know what to wear! I have a dress that I wore for graduation that will work, but it is not amazing and almost everyone has already seen it!

I have a ton of updates!

I haven't gone to the gym in what feels like forever! But I am still hanging around 161, which makes me happy! I feel squishier though! But thats ok! I will be getting back into the routine very soon!

I made a new friend! Actually 2! It is the people that live next door to me. They are so cool! AND me and the girl decided to be gym buddies. So I am super excited about that. I think she works out in the morning, but thats ok. I will do whatever it takes! My other friends that we met through that one wedding competition we were in just moved back to Orange County. But they literally moved 2 days after we became friends with out neighbors! So it all worked out. It is just so hard for us to meet people in LA because we don't work there and I don't go to school. But this couple has a ton of friends and we have been hanging out a lot lately which is awesome!

I got promoted at work! YAY! So I am only required to work about 30 hours a week. My case load has been cut dramatically and I am scrambling to find some cases for the new position I am in. It is the same amount of money pretty much, but I get vacation time and holiday pay. I am so excited! I feel like once I get my full case load I will have down time to be able to get my booty to the gym!

My wedding is in 65 days!!! HOLY $hit! That is soooo soon! I am getting really excited, but nervous too. I am just worried things will go wrong. I am such a control freak! I know it will be ok though.

My car.... That stupid car accident is driving my nuts! I am sitting in a Starbucks right now while my car is getting fixed because they did such a crappy job! More then once! I have taken off almost 12 hours of work because of this. I am definitely planning on telling the insurance company they need to reimburse me for those hours. Now on top of that the insurance company is trying to make me pay for part of the rental because I "kept the rental an extra week"! Um BS I HATED that rental! I have been driving my car around not fully fixed just so I could have my car! SO I am fighting that but the guy I have been dealing with will not call me back. I am getting super pist. Anyways. So I dropped my car off at 9 this morning and the car place dropped me off at a Starbucks. SO I am stuck here until my car is done which should be around 3:30. Thats 61/2 hours!!! But I brought my wedding invites and stuffed them all. They look AMAZING! I only have about 3 left because I ran out of envelopes. I have more at home. I am hoping to send the invites out tomorrow if the post office is open.

I got my engagement pics back. I will upload them all into my album! Well, not all of them! Just the ones I really like! =)

I think that is it for my updates! It has been a crazy few weeks. I definitely need to get back into the gym and reporting on here regularly. I am planning on hitting the gym tomorrow morning before we take off to Ventura for the 4th. Tomorrow night we are having dinner at the Yacht club we are getting married at and then Saturday my parents street is having a massive block party. Then Sunday we are sneaking into the yacht club because they are having a big wedding and want me to see it! I can't wait!

I hope everyone has an amazing 4th!!
wedding website

DanielleVidel Posts : 1 Registered: 7/4/09
Posted: Jul 4, 2009 10:40 PM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsS

I think the fact that everyone I know and love will be watching will be motivation to make sure one looks as best as possible.
Fast Weight Loss Tips

Posted: Jul 5, 2009 10:08 PM Go to message in response to: DanielleVidel

Hey all!

I hope you all had a fabulous 4th! Mine was pretty fun! We hung at the beach all day. It was great!

Anyways, I am getting my schedule squared away so I can get in some quality gym time this week. I have my bridal shower on Sunday and wouldn't mind looking a little more toned. =) I also have my BP coming up in a month so I need to get it together! I will be in a bathing suit for the whole weekend!!!

I will be updating my progress ofter over the week! Hopefully this thread will come back to life!
wedding website

Posted: Jul 7, 2009 12:44 AM Go to message in response to: DanielleVidel

Hello all!

I figured I will probably be responding to myself a lot this week, but thats OK! I went to the gym tonight with my neighbor. We did a 50 minute kick boxing class. Holy crap! It kicked my ass! It was so freaking hardcore! I thought I was going to barf at the end. We are going to another class tomorrow night. That one will be an hour long. I am excited to have a gym buddy! I got some weight to lose before the big day! I can't believe how close it is!

Happy fitness!
wedding website

RebeccaFazzio Posts : 323 Registered: 10/28/07
Posted: Jul 7, 2009 10:18 AM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsS

Hey everyone!

My wedding is October 10, 2010 and I've been hovering around this board desperate to join but not willing to make the effort!

A little about myself:

I cheered for six years throughout junior high and high school and mantained a scary skinny weight. (i'm 5'0 and was 98lbs for six years) I never gained any weight and I never lost any. Needless to say looking back on those pictures opened my eyes. I met FH my senior year of high school and we've been together for about three years now. I am at a weight of 120. The weight doesn't bother me as much as I know that I'm not healthy. He's a cajun and knows how to cook!!! I used to run and work out everyday and was at a healthy (for me) weight of about 113. I recently went dress shopping (silly because my wedding is a year and three months away) and fell in love with my dress. It was the right size (probably a size too small) and only needed the lenght altered so I bought it!!! Now I need to lose a few pounds and tone up my upper body as the dress is strapless!

I have the advantaged of having FH own two gyms (snap fitness 24/7) and can workout for free as well as having one of my best guy friends working there to get my butt into shape!

Yesterday was my first workout day in months and let me tell you...I got my butt kicked! Thankfully I have a work out buddy which helps because on the days I don't want to come in I have her to be accountable to!

To love another person is to see the face of God.

http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/RebeccaIngram&ScottFazzio

Come see our wedding website!

wedding website

Posted: Jul 8, 2009 12:40 PM Go to message in response to: RebeccaFazzio

Welcome and congrats on getting your dress, rebecca! Post a picture!! Or two... We LOVE pictures! Thats great that you have the gym resource. And the friends to puch you. You have more then enough time to reach your goals!

As for me... I was sooooo sore from the kickboking class. My calves especially! But my ribs(so weird!!!), obliques, chest, and arms were killing me too. Last night my neighbor and I went for about a thirty min walk around the neighborhood. There was no way in hell I could have done the bootclass camp we were planning to do! My body was way too sore! But this morning we got up and did the 8 am spin class. I liked it. My body is still incredibly sore from Mondays class, but I love it! Hopefully my butt will be sore tomorrow. This week I am hoping to at least shed some water weight or flab. I am still on the search for a dress for the bridal shower! I will find something though!

Anyways I am off to get some work done! I think some of you lurking girls should stop by and say HI!
wedding website

Posted: Jul 10, 2009 10:05 AM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsS

Hey Ladies!!

Welcome Rebecca!! My first thought when I heard "My FH owns 2 gyms" was JEALOUS!!!!!!!! I haven't had a gym membership in a few months now due to our financial situation, and I really need to make it happen....so I am very envious of your free workouts :) Congrats on getting your dress!! Can't wait to see pics! Also, we've had this thread going for a whole year (thanks to the lovely FMS who started it!) so you'll get lots of motivation here :)

FMS- girl, you go with your workouts!!! I feel like we have been tandem all along...our wedding dates are really close, our total losses are pretty close, we have our bridal shower one week apart (mine's actually the 18th) and our bach parties a week apart! We're in it together, I love you hun!! :) Sounds like you are doing AWESOME, you are my workout inspiration for the coming week! I was sick this past week so couldn't do much, but my bridal shower AND first dress fitting are a week away, so I need to step it up a notch!

Speaking of, I have just weighed in, and I'm down 3 pounds from last week! Which puts me at my LOWEST WEIGHT YET!!! I am psyched. I am .5 pound below my lowest weight yet. So, seeing as my first dress fitting AND bridal shower are next week, I am really happy about this. I just really really REALLY want to lose another 3 pounds before then....we will see if I can do it!!! Let's kick some butt ladies!

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

kensimzadi Posts : 216 Registered: 7/28/08
Posted: Jul 10, 2009 1:11 PM Go to message in response to: Sunshine80

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just needed to get that out......

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine