Sooo addicted to Bridezillas right now, fake or real?

Online Users: 1,287 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 8

Zotsa Posts : 12 Registered: 6/2/09
Sooo addicted to Bridezillas right now, fake or real?
Posted: Jun 22, 2009 1:35 AM

I just saw the episode where the lady was lying to her parents and getting money from everyone. Anyone else watching this? Do you think this is fake or real?

Future Mrs. Emma Miller-Bae

CSUFgrad08 Posts : 114 Registered: 6/19/08
Re: Sooo addicted to Bridezillas right now, fake or real?
Posted: Jun 22, 2009 3:13 AM Go to message in response to: Zotsa

hahaha LOL! Yeah, Bridezillas is my guilty pleasure! I didn't watch today's episode however :( I think they will run today's show tomorrow (Monday) on WE TV's wedding central. I've been watching bridezillas for over 2 years now and I think the stories are true, but many women exaggerate and/or act waaayyyy over dramatic because they know that the camera is on them. It's just insane to me how some of these brides go completely psycho! I get a really good laugh every time I watch that show. Reminds me of what NOT to do as a bride to be! LOL
wedding website

BBGF Posts : 66 Registered: 5/5/09
Posted: Jun 22, 2009 3:58 AM Go to message in response to: Zotsa

A friend of mine that works for me love the show. Sad to say that there are some brides that are like that out there. There are even some groomzillas too. I personally had the pleasure of meeting a few at bridal shows. One in particular even introduced herself as such. Way way over the top.

Let us showcase your unique style.

Heidibride30 Posts : 1,201 Registered: 4/16/08
Posted: Jun 22, 2009 9:13 AM Go to message in response to: BBGF

I make FH watch it to keep me in perspective. ;) Seriously, though, I think that a lot of the show is exaggerated. The girls probably are bitched, but I think that it's edited to show them in the worst possible light, and I'm sure that they are also coached that if they react a certain way or say something, it will be good TV.

Proud member and S.C.A.T. of POOP - People Offended by Offended People

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Posted: Jun 22, 2009 9:27 AM Go to message in response to: Zotsa

I can't stand that show. It completely destoys my faith in humanity. It was Ok back in its earlier seasons, when it featured couples who really seemed to be in love, but the woman was just too into her wedding....but every time I've watched it recently (which I don't regularly - I've just turned it on a few times when there's been nothing on TV and I felt like watching SOMETHING), I shudder in horror at the idea that the couples on the show actually believe that they should be getting married. The women treat their FH's like crap - I feel bad for most of the guys, even when they're not the world's best people, either. What possesses these people to get married is beyond me.

I really hope that it's fake. I hope the couples on the show are girls who want their 15 minutes of fame, so they bully some guy into planning a fake wedding with them so that they can be on TV. I really hope they aren't really getting married. But I'm afraid they probably are, which sheds some light on why the divorce rate is so high. That's why I don't really worry when people say, 'OMG, the divorce rate is 50%! Doesn't that make you nervous?' Nope - not really, when I consider some of the people getting married. I figure that idiots who never should have gotten married make up the vast majority of the 50%, so the divorce rate for sane couples who actually love one another is much lower.

Anyway - hate the show. Absolutely can't stand it. I can't even justify it as a guilty pleasure or a trainwreck worth watching. Nope - it's just awful.

DaisypathWedding Ticker

Vice President and Guardian of the Toilet Brush of POOP: People Offended by Offended People

starfish701 Posts : 465 Registered: 12/10/08
Posted: Jun 22, 2009 2:04 PM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

I with artbride. I just started watching it this weekend when there was NOTHING else on. Has there ever been an episode where the guy has been like "Screw this I'm not marrying that nutcase"?
wedding tickers

NewMrsVelino Posts : 144 Registered: 6/9/08
Posted: Jun 22, 2009 2:36 PM Go to message in response to: starfish701

Actually starfish, there was an episode where the groom didn't even show up to the wedding at all. Before this years season started that had an update on all the brides from last season and that couple did end up getting married, in Vegas the next day.
When is my wedding

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Jun 22, 2009 8:49 PM Go to message in response to: Zotsa

Heh Heh, there used to be an entire thread on here devoted to the show Bridezillas. It was called Bridezillas I believe, and at one point, we had an actual Bridezilla herself show up and talk to us for a bit, which was pretty interesting, to hear things a bit from her perspective. We should find and resurrect that thread.

So is it now a new season? If so, Im missing it lol. Although I totally despise most reality TV shows usually, for some odd reason I enjoy watching this one. I realize that it is ridiculous, overdramatic, silly, and all those other things. But it makes me laugh really hard. The more insane and ridiculous the bridezilla is, the more I find it amusing.

As far as whether or not its "fake", Its a combination of everything. Its overproduced ,overdramatic scenes ,overplayed in front of cameras. Its editing and re-editing, to take a bitchy person in a bad moment and make her seem even bitchier. Its brides playing up their bitchiness , and also brides and grooms who will do anything to A. get on TV and B. get free stuff. Remember, the show pays for the couples honeymoon and I think they also get some sort of payment for being on the show as well. So, really, they search for the people who will create the most drama out of the tiniest situation, and you got yourself a show! Just like any kind of reality TV . Not much reality, lots of drama lol. But entertaining for some.

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com  

See our funny Wedding Wed-isode @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OokYNI91ztU&NR=1

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for standup comedy clips,sketches,and more @ www.youtube.com/kelleyfunnylady

Co-Founder and Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People.

"Children are just like adults, minus the crushing failure." - Stephen Colbert

Lori82 Posts : 151 Registered: 3/21/08
Posted: Dec 17, 2009 10:45 AM Go to message in response to: Zotsa

I certainly hope the show is fake. I remember one episode that just made me sick. The bride treated her soon-to-be husband like total crap. She would go out of her way to embarrass him in public. She pretty much emasculated him the entire show. It made me sick because it was so obvious that the guy was totally in love with her and she did nothing but treat him like crap. Even when she treated him like crap he would say nothing to stand up for himself. I really hope it was fake because the thought of a couple like that getting married is scary!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine