Bridesmaid Dresses

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 8

WinterWonderlan... Posts : 658 Registered: 8/23/08
Bridesmaid Dresses
Posted: Jun 20, 2009 4:05 PM

My BM & I are going dress shopping in 2 days. I'm now going into panic mode trying to get an idea of what I want.

My colors are ice blue, silver, & white

Should I do Ice blue dresses or navy?

Its in December so unfortunately, it means they have to be long so the girls don't freeze. We don't have much local so its best if it is Alfred Angelo so we can order it locally.

I'm surfing the website like crazy, but what do you guys think would be good?

TanisJ Posts : 2,669 Registered: 4/25/07
Re: Bridesmaid Dresses
Posted: Jun 20, 2009 4:13 PM Go to message in response to: WinterWonderlan...

I like the ice blue because its pretty and very wintery. If you go with navy then you will probably want to put some other navy's into your decor. Of course it depends on what looks good on them. I would focus on that.

WinterBride6602 Posts : 33 Registered: 4/13/09
Posted: Jun 21, 2009 9:11 AM Go to message in response to: WinterWonderlan...

These are also my colors but with navy added to the ice blue, silver and white. I decided to go with navy, one, because I love the color, and two, because I decided to have the table linens in silver and I didn't want my girls to sit down and blend into the table! Originally I was going to have navy dresses and navy linens, but thought that would look weird when they sat down...maybe I'm the only one who thinks of this (I'm weird!) or maybe that can help with your decision, depending on your linen selection! To tie in the navy color though, there are pops of it (invites, place cards, and ribbon on the favors).

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Jun 21, 2009 9:30 AM Go to message in response to: WinterWonderlan...

I agree with Tanis. I think the ice blue will go more with your theme. Its more wintery and has that cool feel to it. But the great thing about blue is that all shades of it look great together. So you could put your BMs in ice blue, and put your MOH in a darker,navy blue. Or, you could put them all in the same iceblue color, and then just vary their bouquet combinations, giving the MOH more darker blues or something different to seperate her a bit. Also, I think long dresses will look wonderful for a winter wedding, so I woudlnt worry about that too much.

This pic is a bit cheesy lol, but I like the BM on the right's long ice blue dress. You could do something like that,and then use silvery and navy tones in the bouquets, making the MOHs a bit different than the others.

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com  

See our funny Wedding Wed-isode @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OokYNI91ztU&NR=1

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for standup comedy clips,sketches,and more @ www.youtube.com/kelleyfunnylady

Co-Founder and Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People.

"Children are just like adults, minus the crushing failure." - Stephen Colbert

ChelsRae85 Posts : 371 Registered: 5/16/09
Posted: Jun 21, 2009 12:41 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

I love Alfred Angelo's Navy color, and I also love Blue Pastel color. My suggestion? Why not do their Colormix line and have two-toned gowns, so you can incorporate both? Or, do one blue or the other and do a Platinum accent.

I actually even like the idea of Platinum dresses with blue accents.

Your color scheme is really fun to play with!
My Planning Blog

Posted: Jun 21, 2009 4:25 PM Go to message in response to: ChelsRae85

Thank you all for your opinions and Kelley thank you so much for that picture!

I had decided definitely on ice blue, but then my mom put in her opinion on how much better she thought navy would look because ice blue looks too springy so now I'm so confused again!!

Plus when I go tomorrow, it will be on pretty much no sleep (I have to work tonight), so I'm sure my brain won't be functioning properly.

Posted: Jun 21, 2009 4:29 PM Go to message in response to: WinterWonderlan...

I just found this color swatch collage and I love it, so maybe I will go with navy, the dark blue in the left corner room looks pretty awesome and still wintery

CoutureBride27 Posts : 130 Registered: 5/5/09
Posted: Jun 22, 2009 7:48 AM Go to message in response to: WinterWonderlan...

Hi, in my opinion it's best to stick with the colours as best you can, so I would say rather go for the ice blue dresses. I think the navy will be a bit dull ..
: )

Cherish all your happy moments:  they make a fine cushion for old age.

**Christopher Morley**

CoutureBride27 Posts : 130 Registered: 5/5/09
Posted: Jun 22, 2009 7:53 AM Go to message in response to: WinterWonderlan...

Oops, I just saw the pic attached and have to say I think the navy blue is very pretty, so excuse my previous comment. As the PP's said try and incorporate the navy somewhere else in the decor so it's all cohesive.

Cherish all your happy moments:  they make a fine cushion for old age.

**Christopher Morley**

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine