Colours for Summer Wedding

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 12

NKGiordano Posts : 57 Registered: 5/9/09
Colours for Summer Wedding
Posted: Jun 12, 2009 12:20 PM

I know there are a bunch of colour threads right now but I really need help.

We are having a summer wedding. July 16. That is the middle of summer basically. I have a bunch of ideas but I dont know if they translate well into actual decor.

We are having a formal, huge wedding.

So far, we have come up with this:

Red, Orange, Pink, Yellow - I dont know if that is too many colours and I feel it gets lost in translation.

Blue, Purple, Coral

Lime green, Fuschia, Orange with gold accents

Shades of pink with silver and white accents

Fuschia, Orange, and possibly red with gold accents.

If you have ANY other ideas, please give them to me.

I really liked Black, White, and Silver but I think that's too dark for summer.

Thank you so much!!!

Natassia and Kris

July 16, 2011

http://natassiakristian.weddingannouncer.com

TanisJ Posts : 2,669 Registered: 4/25/07
Re: Colours for Summer Wedding
Posted: Jun 12, 2009 2:15 PM Go to message in response to: NKGiordano

you have many different options that all sound lovely. The best advice I can give is to not decide your colours until you decide you venue/s. Its just so much easier that way. I am an event planner and I have seen some rooms decorated with colours that absolutely did not go with the colours of the room. It was clear that whoever rented the room had their heart set on a particular colour before seeing the room. I really believe this is the easiest way to make everything and everyone look good.

Posted: Jun 12, 2009 2:37 PM Go to message in response to: TanisJ

We already have our venue. The ceremony is in a Cathedral and the reception in a ballroom.

Natassia and Kris

July 16, 2011

TanisJ Posts : 2,669 Registered: 4/25/07
Posted: Jun 12, 2009 2:42 PM Go to message in response to: NKGiordano

great! I would take a look at the colour combos you like then decide which ones will work best in both venues. Once you do that you can google whatever color + weddings and you will get tons of results.

zachsgirl09 Posts : 21 Registered: 4/30/09
Posted: Jun 17, 2009 4:16 PM Go to message in response to: NKGiordano

I think since you said you really like the black, white and silver, you should do it. But to make it more "summery" or bright or whatever, you could add another accent color. You have a lot of fuschia and orange listed. Pick one of those and use it as accents. Since it's formal, I would stick with something like that.

dawnO Posts : 40 Registered: 7/14/08
Posted: Jun 18, 2009 10:28 AM Go to message in response to: NKGiordano

I agree....why not go with black, white & silver.....but add pink with it...? or one of the other colors?

......donna

emmalegler83 Posts : 2 Registered: 3/16/09
Posted: Jun 19, 2009 11:45 AM Go to message in response to: NKGiordano

Whoa that's a lot of color options! I know you said you were into black white and silver but I definitely think you need to add a punch of color to really at to the season. If you're doing a big formal wedding you should stick with black and white and add a bold punch of color to set it off. Even small amounts of color can really pop against black and white. Purples and fuschias are huge right now. I'm not sure how formal you're going with the men's tuxes but a good way to add some accent color is with the groomsmens' ties. I've found a great site that has a ton of color combinations and patterns. I found a purple black and white tie on the site. We found a gold crimson and black one for our wedding! I would suggest maybe a little more pinky color but go ahead and look around to see if you can find something you like!

http://www.thetiebar.com/order_page.asp?pn=11754&orderPageReturn=%2FcategoryPages%2FPurple%5FPink%5FTies%2Easp&pg=1&i=2&xlOnly=&boysTiesOnly=

Posted: Jun 20, 2009 12:05 PM Go to message in response to: NKGiordano

Thanks for all the suggestions.

On my website, there is a lot of pictures of the ideas under the Colour/Themes section. I have narrowed it down to

Fuschia and Orange
Shades of Pink
Pink and Gold

Natassia and Kris

July 16, 2011

ToyToy09 Posts : 224 Registered: 6/3/09
Posted: Jun 23, 2009 3:27 PM Go to message in response to: NKGiordano

I know that you have already narrowed down some colors but last night I was looking for ways to spice up my wedding colors. So I typed in the search for "black white green wedding" in Google Images. There was a LOT of great ideas/ schemes/ patterns that you can use with three specific colors and talk about classy! Just check it out. Whatever colors you are dancing with, Google Image them and enjoy all of the great ideas that you find :)

Wedding Tickers

http://thebenberryz.brides.com

ChelsRae85 Posts : 371 Registered: 5/16/09
Posted: Jun 23, 2009 4:37 PM Go to message in response to: ToyToy09

what about black white pink and gold?

I like the pink and gold on your website the best!
My Planning Blog

yellowlily Posts : 1 Registered: 5/31/09
Posted: Jun 25, 2009 3:14 PM Go to message in response to: NKGiordano

I defenitely love that color combo of pink/oranges/golds. I am probably doing a summer wedding as well, but I am on a tight budget, so I think that Im gonna do something like Green/Yellow/White. And maybe some brown accents. These are natural colors, and things you find in nature are usually these colors. So I think it will be more eco friendly and less costly. But I vote for you the pink.gold combo!
Amanda

Stephorse Posts : 138 Registered: 1/31/08
Posted: Jun 25, 2009 3:44 PM Go to message in response to: NKGiordano

You have so many ideas! I think that four colors though would be a little overwhelming and a little much for your wedding. I really like the lime green, pink and orange combination. It is so bright and cheerful for a summer wedding. You could do black and white if you want for a summer wedding (I'm doing black, white, and hot pink for my summer wedding). I think if you add a hot color to it like I've seen black white and lime green or black white and yellow would look really nice for a summer wedding. It would still look very formal, but would still add a pop of color to make it look summery.

Black, white, and yellow

Black, white, and green

Pink, Green, and Orange

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Jun 25, 2009 5:35 PM Go to message in response to: NKGiordano

I have always loved the combination of yellow and white, especially for a summery wedding.
I wouldnt use more than 3 colors total. Otherwise its just too much going on, and you want to keep it simple. I love the above pictures with the yellow in them. And Tanis is right about the venue. Work off of whatever natural decor they have there. Example, some venues might have white lights on all the time for night events, while others may have flowers, plants, or even a certain feel that you can play off of, like rustic. You will get a zillion opinions on here because people like different colors, so go with what you love most.

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com  

See our funny Wedding Wed-isode @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OokYNI91ztU&NR=1

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for standup comedy clips,sketches,and more @ www.youtube.com/kelleyfunnylady

Co-Founder and Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People.

"Children are just like adults, minus the crushing failure." - Stephen Colbert

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine