NJ Barns and/or Farms

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 10

Smcopp89 Posts : 5 Registered: 11/10/06
NJ Barns and/or Farms
Posted: May 20, 2009 10:04 AM

Hi There! I am planning a fall wedding in my home state of New Jersey and would love to get married in an intimate country setting. I am looking for a barn and/or farm venue preferably, but not limited to Southern New Jersey. I have currently been having a tough time finding somewhere original, secluded, and intimate with country charm. I'd really like a place that is not usually done. If you have any suggestions they would be much appreciated. Thanks!

B2B999 Posts : 700 Registered: 12/7/07
Re: NJ Barns and/or Farms
Posted: May 20, 2009 9:14 PM Go to message in response to: Smcopp89

I know it is a bit further away then you were hoping but look into Perona Farms, they have a large barn setup and it is beautiful there but they are also set up to handle weddings beautifully.
When is my wedding

Smcopp89 Posts : 5 Registered: 11/10/06
Posted: May 21, 2009 12:07 AM Go to message in response to: B2B999

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll look into it some more!

Swtcherise Posts : 1 Registered: 12/28/08
Posted: Jun 9, 2009 1:20 PM Go to message in response to: Smcopp89

have you found a place? I'm looking foe exactly the same thing!! I am having a very hard time as well. I'd love some leads if you have got any. Thanks!!

Ellle Posts : 8 Registered: 5/1/09
Posted: Jun 19, 2009 3:13 PM Go to message in response to: Swtcherise

hello fellow new jersey brides!
it is so ironic that i found this post because just the other day i happened upon a farm that i fell in love with and i am hoping to look into further to have my 10.10.10 wedding!
its called bayonet farm, in holmdel. right off exit 114. it so beautiful. there are two barns and an old house with a beautiful porch on the grounds. at first i wasnt sure if it was even possible to rent...seeing as the farm closes at dusk...but i emailed the township and it turns out they do rent it out!
bayonetfarm.org has all the rental info.
i also have the phone number of the woman who contacted me. i plan on calling her tomorrow. ill let you know more afterwards!

alysonsun Posts : 1 Registered: 6/25/09
Posted: Jun 25, 2009 12:35 PM Go to message in response to: Ellle

I drove over to Bayonet Farm and thought it was beautiful. BUT..there are no restrooms. There was, however, a port a potty, but i don't think I would want anyone to use those at a wedding. I am still searching for my perfect barn location too! Please let us know if anyone comes up with one. BTW Perona Farms seems too fancy for me.

Edited by: alysonsun on Jun 25, 2009 12:36 PM

celebrity27 Posts : 1 Registered: 7/24/09
Posted: Jul 24, 2009 1:58 PM Go to message in response to: alysonsun

Hi Alyson,

I understand your reservations about having people use a porta potty at a wedding! Would they let you rent your own instead of using the one that's there? Johnny On The Spot has really nice Celebrity porta potties with flowers and a flushing toilet and a sink - we're using them for our outdoor wedding in September and they've been nothing but helpful.

Here's a link so you can check it out if you think it would be helpful: http://www.johnnyonthespot.com/celebrity_restrooms.php

Best wishes on your wedding!
Lynn

Kelly927 Posts : 2 Registered: 11/18/09
Posted: Nov 19, 2009 10:57 AM Go to message in response to: Smcopp89

Hi! I would love to do the same thing. I really don't want the reception at a hall if I can avoid it. I've been trying to find a barn/farm that would be great for a fall wedding, without any luck. If anyone has any suggestions that would be great. I am trying to stay to North Jersey since that is where the church ceremony will be, but I am willing to go to Central NJ or even Southern NY state.

Thanks, Kelly

Amelia322 Posts : 1 Registered: 12/22/09
Posted: Dec 22, 2009 3:16 PM Go to message in response to: Kelly927

Hi all,
I too am looking for a barn to have my wedding reception. I have had little luck as well ( all that I've found are no longer renting). I did come across The Cranbury Inn the other day, which isn't exactly a farm, but that has that feel to it. The website is www.thecranburyinn.com and they don;t seem to be too expensive either. There are also some nice farm bed and breakfast in Buck County PA, which is right outside of NJ, however they seem to be a bit pricey.
Hope this helps!

speri337 Posts : 1 Registered: 7/17/12
Posted: Jul 17, 2012 1:29 AM Go to message in response to: Smcopp89

There is a REALLY good post on this website about this:
http://onthisdayweddings.com/category/nj-barn-weddings-other-rustic-nj-venues
This website has a really thorough list of barns available for event rental in NJ with pictures, details and contact information.

Edited by: speri337 on Jul 18, 2012 12:57 PM

Kimberly212 Posts : 972 Registered: 9/12/12
Posted: Sep 12, 2012 8:14 AM Go to message in response to: B2B999

Save up to 28% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $236.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/sheath-sweetheart-neckline-strapless-chiffon-wedding-dress-style-marion-p-33799.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine