What are your colors....

Online Users: 1,275 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 30

BriansAzBride Posts : 326 Registered: 12/5/08
Re: What are your colors....
Posted: Jun 16, 2009 5:45 PM Go to message in response to: CamLovesJmw

I would go with the orange, white, and green. To me, the yellow is just a complimentary shade of orange, nothing really special. Where as the green is different from orange, more than a few shades or red anyway. Like I said, yellow is complimentary but the green adds some pop.

I feel like a kid. Pinch me. This kind of love certainly can't be real. Oh wait, it is :)

April2010Bride Posts : 134 Registered: 4/26/09
Posted: Jun 16, 2009 6:40 PM Go to message in response to: BriansAzBride

My colors are pink and orange, as well. To be even more specific, they're David's Bridal's "Watermelon" and "Tangerine". They look fabulous together! For my MOH, I'm doing a watermelon dress with a tangerine sash and the BM's will be wearing the same design in tangerine with a watermelon sash. We're getting married in a venue on the lake in late April, so I wanted some bright, happy colors.

OP - that wedding cake in your post was one of my inspirations, as well!! I just don't like the fact that they used marshmallow fondant to make it.

Visit our wedding website!  www.momentville.com/TanyaAndRichard

Life is not about the number of breaths we take, but the number of moments that take our breath away.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

BeckiSou22 Posts : 65 Registered: 3/27/09
Posted: Jun 17, 2009 9:04 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I love everyones colors!! Mine are chocolate brown, cream, and orange.... bridesmaid dresses are brown with cream sashes, flowers are orange roses, and everything thats usually white will be a cream/ivory color(ex: tableclothes, cakes, all that stuff) My dress and the flower girls dresses will be the only white things there :-) I'm so excited!!

Here are some pics of what I'm having....

Bridesmaid and Junior Bridesmaid dresses

Cake....Ribbons will be orange and I havent chosen the flowers for it yet

My Bouquet

dawnO Posts : 40 Registered: 7/14/08
Posted: Jun 18, 2009 1:10 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

our colors are sea & sand....pool blue and tan...inspired by the fact that we are going to Jamaica for honeymoon. ....so we are having a "beach theme" wedding...

Donna

BoysMissLady Posts : 932 Registered: 1/18/07
Posted: Jun 18, 2009 2:10 PM Go to message in response to: dawnO

Our "un-theme" is traditional elegance. Our colors started out as black, white, and ivory...but as things have progressed, they've become just black and ivory. The guys in all black, the groom in black tux with ivory tie, vest, etc. The bridesmaids are wearing black dresses with black sashes and the maids will wear the same black dress with an ivory sash. Flower girls in ivory dresses with black sashes...and me in ivory and silver.

wedding widget

www.mywedding.com/justinandmeaganswedding

Angelxx05x Posts : 39 Registered: 7/24/09
Posted: Jul 24, 2009 10:19 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'm having an island beach wedding and I would like to use some of the native flowers of the Cayman islands. I'm thinking that the bouquet will be something like the pic below. I know I want yellow as one of my colors. I just have to decide if I want lively colors like red (the color of passion and love) or maybe earth tone color (for a calming effect). And I'm going to wear a champagne colored dress.

champagne wedding dress

French Wedding Dresses,Champagne bridal gown 1648,discount wedding dress,cheap bridal gowns

French Wedding Dresses,French taffeta wedding gown 1580,discount wedding dress,cheap bridal gowns

MsHeart Posts : 1 Registered: 12/29/09
Posted: Dec 29, 2009 2:26 PM Go to message in response to: Angelxx05x

Hi, Can you please tell me the designer of the first and third dress? I love that color and want to see more dresses like those. Thanks

shaheenbride Posts : 3 Registered: 1/18/09
Posted: Jan 17, 2010 11:18 PM Go to message in response to: CamLovesJmw

Camlovejmw - those are the colors I am leaning towards also. I love the pop of color!

Agape14 Posts : 201 Registered: 12/31/08
Posted: Jan 19, 2010 12:28 PM Go to message in response to: BeckiSou22

Becki, those are basically my colours as well! No one element is set in stone colourwise, but basically the palette I'm using is: chocolate, copper, gold, and cream. And from there, different tones of those colours will be used.

For example, this is what I want for my bouquet, building off the copper and maybe swaping purple for cream (although I really like how this works together):

And here are the inspiration boards that gave me ideas:

http://theperfectpalette.blogspot.com/2009/09/crazy-for-copper-fall-wedding.html

http://theperfectpalette.blogspot.com/2009/08/fall-festival-burnt-orange-chocolate.html

http://greylikesweddings.wordpress.com/2009/03/10/inspiration-request-brown-and-white/

~~Life's tough, wear a cup~~

AmyJustin2010 Posts : 201 Registered: 1/18/10
Posted: Jan 19, 2010 12:42 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Our colors are yellow and white.

FairyTaleBride Posts : 52 Registered: 9/20/07
Posted: Feb 12, 2010 8:23 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Im doing silver and white for the ceremony, and adding touches of blue to the reception! My bridesmaid dresses are PC Mary's Platinum with all white bouquets. Not sure which blue I want to add, there are so many pretty shades. Im doing an evening July wedding but I am going for glitter, glamor, and elegance.

ArtistMade Posts : 3 Registered: 3/1/10
Posted: Mar 1, 2010 8:17 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

navy and silver

TheeBride Posts : 130 Registered: 1/17/10
Posted: Mar 1, 2010 10:19 PM Go to message in response to: ArtistMade

My colors are clover, gold, cream and white.

"I carry your heart with me, I carry it in
my heart. I am never without it, anywhere
I go you go, my dear..."

E.E. Cummings

Daisypath Wedding tickers

WoostaBride Posts : 220 Registered: 6/8/09
Posted: Mar 2, 2010 3:06 AM Go to message in response to: TheeBride

We're getting married on the beach in August...Finally decided on the color scheme...it will be inspired by these a combination of the colors in these inspiration boards....different shades
of purples, blues....some white and greenery mixed in where necessary.
Inspiration Board2

Anna827 Posts : 20 Registered: 1/4/10
Posted: Mar 4, 2010 12:17 AM Go to message in response to: WoostaBride

My fiance and I really like navy blue and silver. He originally wanted navy blue and gold becuase he's a HUGE Notre Dame fan but I wasn't a fan of those two colors together. But after giving it a second look, they're not that bad together, so I'm not sure if we're going with the silver and navy blue or gold with navy blue.
Anna

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine