what do you think of these favor ideas?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6

Taffee85 Posts : 18 Registered: 4/1/09
what do you think of these favor ideas?
Posted: Jun 16, 2009 6:58 PM

So me and my FH are getting married at a lodge up in the mountains then going to strawberry resevoir for the reception. I wanted a wedding favor that would be something unique, not fancy and would tie into our reception. I am not really having a theme, just colors that are chocolate brown, lavender and lime green accents. We go up to strawberry resevoir to fish ALL THE TIME so I was thinking of getting some swedish fish and putting it in tulle(to look like fish net) and tying it with some lavender or lime green fishing line and maybe tie a fishing lure or something to it. I really like the idea especially cause it is my only idea LOL. I was thinking of doing chocolate covered strawberries... but it is going to be really hot and I am afraid the chocolate would melt so I am just going to do a chocolate fountain and have strawberries to dip in it. Any have any other ideas? I don't wanna do something fancy just cause our reception is going to be more of a camping/party thing. Thanks for all your help

charmedfavors Posts : 7 Registered: 6/10/09
Re: what do you think of these favor ideas?
Posted: Jun 16, 2009 8:54 PM Go to message in response to: Taffee85

Greetings,

I love the swedish fish idea . I think if you try to see what the lavender or lime green tulle will look like with the opposite color fishing line would really set it off. If you can find like strawberry shappd tags to go on the bags. SInce your event is casual I think this would fit in nicely. I love homemade favors. When I got married in 2001, we got married on the beach and all our favors were done by hand. I hope everything works out.

Danyell T Byrd of www.charmedfavors.com

zachsgirl09 Posts : 21 Registered: 4/30/09
Posted: Jun 17, 2009 2:21 PM Go to message in response to: Taffee85

You could do small jars of strawberry jam. I think the Swedish fish idea is really cute, tho. Very different!

WinterWonderlan... Posts : 658 Registered: 8/23/08
Posted: Jun 17, 2009 3:10 PM Go to message in response to: zachsgirl09

I like the idea of mini strawberry jam jars a lot. That is something I'd definitely use. It seems like a classy little favor too, and probably wouldn't be very expensive.

dawnO Posts : 40 Registered: 7/14/08
Posted: Jun 18, 2009 1:04 PM Go to message in response to: Taffee85

you could always do the M&Ms in your wedding colors....I am going to have some on my cookie and cake table in tall glass cylinders....the sweedish fish would look cute that way to. or why not do mini tin pails of either the fish or trail mix in them....? ...I agree the jam jars sound cute but could be costly. ....were you going to have sitting arangements? ....because if you were you could get the $1 scratch off tickets, put them in evelopes and have the guests name & table # on them...and that could be your favor. I loved this idea. my friend had it at her wedding...she had a cute catchy phrase about being lucky in love, and wishing her guests luck. and Im sure you could find some "fishing" ones easily. ....good luck

.....donna

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Jun 18, 2009 6:48 PM Go to message in response to: Taffee85

I love the Swedish fish idea and think it's really cute, unique, and personal to you guys.

Mrs. Pinky

Photobucket

Keyholder of the TP Cabinet of P.O.O.P.

Kimberly212 Posts : 972 Registered: 9/12/12
Posted: Sep 19, 2012 9:38 PM Go to message in response to: Taffee85

Sweetheart Neckline Strapless Cathedral Train Taffeta Wedding Dress Style Monalisa Royale
Save up to 32% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $258.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/sweetheart-neckline-strapless-cathedral-train-taffeta-wedding-dress-style-monalisa-royale-p-33708.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine