wedding colors

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6

Blueeyebutterfly Posts : 4 Registered: 5/27/09
wedding colors
Posted: Jun 18, 2009 12:42 AM

Im getting married on the beach and I have chosen a Tourqouise and White as my colors. My bouquets are tourq and white roses, artificial. My delima is...I havent picked a dress for my maid of honor(the only one standing with me) nor have I picked the color for my rose petals on the isleway. I cant use white petals, they wont show up in the sand, and i cant use blue ones because the company has to use real petals and they cant dye them.....What should I do???? I need a color for my MOH dress thats not too bright and eye catchy and rose petals, help my wedding is in 29 days!!! Oh and I am willing to change her bouquet too if need be....help!

Edited by: Blueeyebutterfly on Jun 18, 2009 12:49 AM

LindsayR Posts : 5 Registered: 6/18/09
Re: wedding colors
Posted: Jun 18, 2009 12:57 AM Go to message in response to: Blueeyebutterfly

I think what would be best is to have your MOH wear a light yellow dress and have petals to match. The light yellow would be a nice contrast to the torquise theme. If its so late in the game, you might want to opt for hydrangea flowers since they are less expensive than roses.

Edited by: LindsayR on Jun 18, 2009 12:58 AM

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Jun 18, 2009 1:26 PM Go to message in response to: Blueeyebutterfly

Dear Blue,

You don't need to make every last thing match. Why not a mix of rose petal colors?

ToyToy09 Posts : 224 Registered: 6/3/09
Posted: Jun 18, 2009 1:55 PM Go to message in response to: Blueeyebutterfly

You may want to take a look at the latest David's Bridal catalogue. They have a destination theme that evolves highly around a shade of 'turquoise'. This may sparks some ideas up for you. I noticed that even though TURQOUISE and white are the main colors of the theme, other shades of blue are used...which ultimately makes the turqouise pop out even more. As for the rose petals, you can go to Hobby Lobby or even Wal-Mart, pick up some of their white artifical rose petals for like $10 bucks, and dye those jokers! This will give your complete control over the color that they turn out. To kill two birds with one stone, make the MOH's dress match closely to the petals :) Hope that helps!

ToyToy09' Kiss

Edited by: ToyToy09 on Jun 18, 2009 1:56 PM

Stephorse Posts : 138 Registered: 1/31/08
Posted: Jun 18, 2009 2:25 PM Go to message in response to: Blueeyebutterfly

There are so many colors you could do to go with the turquoise. You could do yellow (which I think may be the best option for the beach) or you could do pink (either a baby pink or a hot pink could look nice with the turquoise), like a peach color (but that may blend in with the sand) Or I guess the new trend now is to do red with that turquoise which I think may be too flashy for the beach. Hopefully this gives you some ideas.

Pink and turquoise

Yellow, pink, and turquoise

Turquoise/ red

merriemoon Posts : 10 Registered: 7/13/09
Posted: Jul 16, 2009 2:01 AM Go to message in response to: Blueeyebutterfly

I love the first idea about using yellow. That was not the first color I would think of....but now that it's mentioned, I think that would be a really beautiful accent!

TeahsBride Posts : 13 Registered: 7/2/09
Posted: Jul 16, 2009 8:38 AM Go to message in response to: merriemoon

Great ideas. I agree that not everything has to match. However even though Turquoise and white are your colors, accent colours are always good. A freind recently got married and used turquoise and white whit peach accents. through a couple peach flowers in your bouquet and use peach for your petals. a lighter turquoise makes a beautiful dress. Great choices.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine