September 2010 Brides! Where are you!?

Online Users: 1,269 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 49

Asile Posts : 3 Registered: 12/8/08
Re: September 2010 Brides! Where are you!?
Posted: Dec 30, 2008 5:22 PM Go to message in response to: HamptonsBride

Hi, HamptonsBride!

We're looking in Western/Central Suffolk mostly - Flowerfield in St. James, Windows On The Lake in Lake Ronkonkoma, Timber Point, and Thatched Cottage. Where are you planning to hold your wedding?

Live in each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit. - Henry David Thoreau

HamptonsBride Posts : 5 Registered: 12/27/08
Posted: Jan 5, 2009 1:47 PM Go to message in response to: Asile

I went to a wedding at Timber point in October and it was great. The food and service were both exceptional.

So far we looked at Atlantica in Westhampton Beach - I want the place to be near or on the water.

Asile Posts : 3 Registered: 12/8/08
Posted: Jan 5, 2009 8:14 PM Go to message in response to: HamptonsBride

A friend of mine also mentioned she had been to a few weddings at Timber Point and liked it. It wasn't on my original list, but it would be nice to find a place that someone I know has been to and can vouch for. Nice to hear that you like it also.

Near the water will be lovely - are you looking mostly on the east end?

Live in each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit. - Henry David Thoreau

Vanessaleigh Posts : 7 Registered: 1/22/09
Posted: Jan 23, 2009 4:11 PM Go to message in response to: CSUFgrad08

Hiii! I know its been a few months since this was posted BUT I just joined last night. Our date is not definite but I do believe it will be 10/25/10 && for your other question I want to have our wedding outside, prefereably at my FHs parents house, they have a HUGGEEE backyard && its facing woods & just really really country. I want to keep the decorations simple since it is outside but I do want to incorporate fall colors, Id like to have the bridesmaids in different shades of fall colors but with the same style dress and the guys with ties that match their dresses. Just ideas Im not sure what I will do yet.
Good luck!

KissFuture Mrs. David McMahanKiss

loveisjoy Posts : 85 Registered: 2/6/09
Posted: Mar 2, 2009 10:12 AM Go to message in response to: CSUFgrad08

I know this is late, but I'm new to Brides Community. My date is 09-04-10, I will be getting married in North Carolina, my Venue is new and in the construction phase, it will be completed in June of 09.

2012BrideToBe Posts : 6 Registered: 1/6/09
Posted: May 17, 2009 2:13 PM Go to message in response to: loveisjoy

My date is also 09-04-10. It is going to be a popular date so we are looking around now for venues and finding out when we can book. If that falls through then it will be a weekday before that weekend.

---------------

2012BrideToBe, AKA, the future Mrs. Goguen

skruse Posts : 1 Registered: 1/7/09
Posted: May 27, 2009 7:31 PM Go to message in response to: Asile

Hi everyone!!!

It is so cool to see so many people from Wisconsin on this thread. Our date is 9-11-10 and we'll be having our wedding in Green Lake, WI.

Since the month of September is one of those weird months where is it still summer weather but heading into fall season, I'm not really sure on what colors to use. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!!!!

Saffire9510 Posts : 9 Registered: 6/17/09
Posted: Jun 17, 2009 12:59 PM Go to message in response to: skruse

Hey everyone! Congrats to all!!
Is it just me or does it seem like even though we have over a year to plan, time is just flying by?

Skruse - I hear ya on choosing colors...these days, everyone pretty much suggests to do what YOU want and I have to agree =)

I found myself in the same dilema and then decided to REALLY think about it:
What colors I loved
What would look great in pictures
What colors would my girls look good in
I came out with jewel toned colors - teal, fucshia and lime green.

Best of Luck! =)

passion32 Posts : 34 Registered: 6/23/09
Posted: Jun 30, 2009 2:52 PM Go to message in response to: Asile

Hello I am so EXCITED to see September brides! I thought I was too far ahead of the curve. My date is 09/16/10 yup Thursday I just liked the sound of the date to be honest. I'll be in the Colleyville, Dallas area hoping to have the ceremony at a winery followed by an old fashioned backyard BBQ. Basic bar, signature cocktail. I'll be wearing Ivory, charcoal tux bridesmaids in clover and silver accents basic simple classic and let the scenery be beautiful. But I'm lucky we have a small guest list keeping it to immediate family only! and I have a small family.

MJ2010 Posts : 4 Registered: 7/12/09
September 5, 2010
Posted: Jul 20, 2009 8:21 AM Go to message in response to: CSUFgrad08

Our date is September 5th, 2010. It's the Sunday (yes, a Sunday wedding) before Labor Day, next year. David said he always wanted a Sunday wedding and I'm flexible, so I agreed. A Sunday wedding may complicate things in the church (enough time to decorate?), but I'll go along with it. The restaurant for the reception is quoting an extra $3000 for a Sunday reception because they normally are closed on Sundays (we'll negotiate this point).

We already know that the ceremony will be at my church. We know the reception site, we have a color scheme, guest list, ideas for invitations, cake, favors and I know what style of dress I want to wear.

I'm not sure, but it seems like much of our planning that we're doing is a bit early. It's starting out a lot easier than I expected. Is there something that I'm missing in this process?

Woobiebride Posts : 4 Registered: 8/18/09
Posted: Aug 18, 2009 5:30 PM Go to message in response to: CSUFgrad08

Hey hey! Congrats ladies!

Our date is hopefully going to be 09/18/10. We are in a bit of a pickle with finances right now so if it takes longer than that then it will be 10/22/11. I will be out of school then and we will hopefully have better paying jobs and maybe some money and budgeting for the wedding. We don't want to wait that long, but I really want our wedding to be special. I've waited six years, I can wait a couple more years if I have to.

We, I should say I truthfully, have started to look at venues online. I really like Aspen right now, especially since it will most likely be in the fall. With all the leaves changing then it will be beautiful! We do want it outdoors, maybe a church, not sure yet. We have Navy Blue in mind and we definitely want sunflowers.

Are there any suggestions for tips on budgeting or good money saving ideas? If so, let me know! Colorado is not cheap!

"I carry your heart, I carry it in my heart."

-EE Cummings

Agape14 Posts : 201 Registered: 12/31/08
Posted: Aug 31, 2009 2:08 PM Go to message in response to: Woobiebride

Well this is my third time posting about our wedding date (I was previously in the May and August groups) but now we've confirmed our venues so it's official!

We'll be getting married on 09-18-10 in an outdoor ceremony followed by a dinner reception at another location. The colours that I've tentatively picked as my base are chocolate, gold, ivory and copper, but I'll be using various complimentary shades (yellow, orange etc) throughout. Here are some examples I've found that helped me decide. These websites are really great for anyone looking for inspiration!

http://theperfectpalette.blogspot.com/2009/02/inspiration-board-63-chocolate-brown.html

http://tastefullyentertaining.blogspot.com/2008/11/orange-chocolate-rustic-wedding.html

http://tastefullyentertaining.blogspot.com/2008/09/chocolate-cream-wedding.html

http://paperchick.blogspot.com/2008/07/gold-chocolate-brown-weddings.html

http://mydesiredwedding.blogspot.com/2009/02/wedding-color-themes.html

~~Life's tough, wear a cup~~

trixy612 Posts : 46 Registered: 11/5/07
Posted: Sep 16, 2009 10:08 PM Go to message in response to: Agape14

Hi everyone! I'm new to this post. I'm getting married 9-10-10. I'm so glad we finally set a date, we've only been engaged for almost 2 years. I had to wait to finish nursing school before we could pick a date. We've got the venue and now am just working on the rest of the stuff. Hope everyone is doing well with all their planning!!

JulianneC Posts : 7 Registered: 9/30/08
Posted: Oct 1, 2009 6:52 PM Go to message in response to: trixy612

It's official September 2010 brides, less than a year until our weddings- so exciting! Hope everyone's planning is going well!
"When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible" 9/18/2010

joannadisaster Posts : 3 Registered: 11/6/09
Posted: Nov 6, 2009 11:46 AM Go to message in response to: JulianneC

My FH and I just set a date! 9/25/10 in Beaumont, TX. We are getting married at an old vaudeville theater here that was built in the 20's. Our color scheme includes black, ivory, pewter, burgundy, and teal. My little sister's anniversary is 8/25 and my older sisters is 10/25 so it just made sense for us to get married on 9/25. Congrats September brides!
save the date

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine