a gamers solution to weight loss

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 3

allisonfoster2B Posts : 65 Registered: 5/9/09
a gamers solution to weight loss
Posted: Jun 16, 2009 8:17 AM

So my FH just bough Dance Dance Revoultion. His excuse is....'hunny you need something to do when i am at work...lol' I'll admit i am lazy and HATE working out and dieting. Video games are not my life either, i am just a busy person. So i played DDR for about 30 minutes and put it on workout mode and it recorded how many calories...170. Not bad, and i worked up quite a sweat.

I told him about it and he admited to tricking me into it. He knows i want to loose weight, and knows that i hate the gym. I wasnt mad, i just laughed at him. So if anybody is like me...try it. It's fun.
AllisonWink

TheRealMrsJ Posts : 15 Registered: 6/11/09
Re: a gamers solution to weight loss
Posted: Jun 18, 2009 2:19 PM Go to message in response to: allisonfoster2B

i knew a guy in college who went to high school with my roommate. he lost A TON of weight going to the local arcade and playing DDR for an hour or so after school each day. He's really good at it and sometimes competes as well. He's really pleased with the results he's gotten from it though.

Occasionally I'll do it as well, since I have a few of the Playstation 2 games for it and a dance pad. It's a good, fun way to exercise and burn calories, IMO.

The Jr. High that my ex's little brother went to, they had DDR in their fitness center at the school to help encourage the kids to play video games for fun while exercising, since a lot of the kids were into video games. His little brother used to talk all the time about the new high score he'd get on it in gym class, or how well he was doing on a new song he was playing on it, hehe

Formerly TheNewMrsJ

LilTuffGirl Posts : 301 Registered: 11/4/08
Posted: Jun 18, 2009 2:30 PM Go to message in response to: allisonfoster2B

DDR is a great workout. So is the Wii fit and I guess the new ones for the wii are. I haven't tried them yet.

I founnd out weedwacking is a great workout for the arms too! lol

http://www.ezticker.com/ticker/1642/214/20090829/our+wedding/ticker.png

True love never lives happily ever after - true love has no ending

allisonfoster2B Posts : 65 Registered: 5/9/09
Posted: Jun 18, 2009 6:52 PM Go to message in response to: LilTuffGirl

I am afraid to try the wii fit. I know people who have one, and they dont like it because it calls them fat. Thats pretty harsh, considering they are a normal size. I hate the gym...so i like the whole at home thing! it's great. I have some videos too, but i get kind of bored with them.

AllisonWink

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine