October 2009 brides

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 506

TattooedStarlit Posts : 202 Registered: 12/18/07
Re: October 2009 brides
Posted: Jun 7, 2009 7:04 PM Go to message in response to: 2dBride

2dbride, I am sure the wedding will be wonderful! Best of luck to you and your lady! :)

wedding count down

imjjsgirl3175 Posts : 13 Registered: 3/11/08
Posted: Jun 7, 2009 8:29 PM Go to message in response to: TattooedStarlit

Hello all!!! It has been awhile since I have been on and wanted to check in with everyone. I can not believe we have 4 months to go. I to am starting to stress mostly about everyone getting paid. We have decided on a masquerade ball theme for our reception. Everything is in black and white and I used the Damask pattern on the ring bearer's pillow, the stationary and the cake. We also decieded our centerpieces will be plumes of feathers. We booked everything ( hall, DJ, Photographer, Church, Limo, Disney honeymoon) We printed our invitations, bought our rings, bought my dress( manuel mota) and bridesmaid dresses. I am having trouble with flowergirl dresses though since one is an infant and the selection is small. Pretty much all I have to still do is finalize the church ceremony and reception music, decide on tuxes, purchase favors and bridal party gifts and decide the final menu and cake flavors. Oh and book the rehearsal dinner. Not to shabby I think. I can't believe alot of you got your tuxes already. Now i feel like I am slacking. LOL! I hope to post more when I go for my first fitting. Ttys!

2dBride Posts : 158 Registered: 3/16/09
Posted: Jun 8, 2009 10:29 PM Go to message in response to: TattooedStarlit

Thanks, TattooedStarlit! We've been enjoying the planning process. I don't know that our wedding will be traditional, but it looks like it will be fun!

Wedding planning site

Macaline Posts : 6 Registered: 1/9/09
October FTW
Posted: Jun 9, 2009 3:59 AM Go to message in response to: 2dBride

Wow, when I saw the first post for this thread was over a year and a half ago I was like... woah. My wedding is October 10th and I 'only had' 9 months to plan. Really not that bad. I had all the important details (Venue, Music, Food, Photography, Dress) booked by the end of February. Invites are going out at the end of this week and my dress should be in by the end of the month. I'm going to get the cake figured out in the next few weeks, we're thinking about going with a faux cake. My mom is going to do flowers (she was a florist before she had me). Tux's will probably be in line by July. I'm pretty much just leaving alot of my wedding up to fate. My fiance and I just want to have a great fun party with 125 of our closest friends and family. We're the 'center of fun' for our friends so I imagine it will all go GREAT!

Congratz to all the October brides and wish you all best of luck with the planning and execution of the biggest and best party of your life :)

WineLover Posts : 4 Registered: 4/8/09
Re: October FTW
Posted: Jun 10, 2009 2:43 PM Go to message in response to: Macaline

Hi to all the Brides-to-Be!
I'm new to the forum but I periodically glance at postings to check out what other brides are up to and try to feed off the creativity of everyone. :) So my wedding is exactly four months from today and I am definitely starting to feel nervous! We're doing our tastings next week, meeting with our DJ again and we just had our engagement photo session done. We still need to do our invitations and figure out what to do for wedding favors. I have a large bridal party (1 MOH and 5 Bridesmaids) so the most difficult thing so far has been getting them all organized! And I'm a very passive person, so this past month has been a lesson in making sure my friends remember that it's my wedding and the one time I get to decide exactly what I want.
Anyway, it's great to have this secondary support system and I hope all the October 2009 brides-to-be are hanging in there. :)

Edited by: WineLover on Jun 10, 2009 2:44 PM

MandJ2010 Posts : 23 Registered: 1/12/09
Re: October FTW
Posted: Jun 14, 2009 9:17 PM Go to message in response to: WineLover

Hello October Brides!!!! I'm new here!
I just got engaged in May and my date is October 3rd. I know, my planning time consist of exactly 4.5 months total! So far I have booked: ceremony site, reception site, dj, photograhers, videographer, and florist. Other things we have done: bought my dress, picked out bridesmaid dresses, jr bridesmaid dress, and flower girls dresses, picked out food for reception, started marriage counseling, bought hair piece for me, registered at 3 stores

My current projects are invitation (which will hopefully be decided on within the next week) and finding shoes for me and the bridesmaids!!

Anything anyone can think of that will be important to do asap other than honeymoon, tuxes, and cake?

MrsCP3 Posts : 456 Registered: 4/21/08
Posted: Jun 16, 2009 7:12 PM Go to message in response to: halloweenexcite...

So we bought FH's wedding band this weekend, and then picked out tuxes! One of my BMs has ordered her dress, and all the others are going this week, FMIL has even ordered her dress already... I can't believe it's getting so close!

38.jpg picture by JeWareGT

halloweenexcite... Posts : 95 Registered: 7/18/08
Posted: Jun 17, 2009 1:31 PM Go to message in response to: MrsCP3

$ months from today! Excited & nervous just want it to all come together!

Has everyone got their shoes? Where did you get them? Still need to find mine, would love suggestions!

Kiss Life is a celebration, enjoy every moment! Allow others to celebrate with you.

Fran 

MrsKG Posts : 115 Registered: 10/5/08
Posted: Jun 17, 2009 2:07 PM Go to message in response to: halloweenexcite...

I cant believe how close Oct is!! It will be here before we know it!!! I'm so excited! I scheduled my first fitting for Aug. 18th, I'm very excited about that!! I still have to find my shoes though...Halloween have you checked out Zappos.com? They have a ton of wedding shoes! And the best part is no tax and free shipping both ways! So if you get them (by the way they ship in like 2-3 days!) and you try them on and don't like them, you just print a shipping label and ship them back for free! I've don't this twice now! Its nice, because not many stores have white dress shoes. But I still haven't found a pair that I LOVE, and I have to make sure they aren't super high, FH is only 2 inches taller than me, so I don't want to tower over him that day! Other than that I dont have to much left to do, I think next week we are going to stamp (the wedding stamps the P.O. has now are super cute, they have wedding bands on them!), stuff and address the invitations to get them out of the way and ready. We aren't mailing them until mid-late August. We are doing carmel apples for favors so I cant order them until like 2 weeks prior and we will get them about 3 days before. I still have to make our song list. What are you guys using for your entrance song when your introduced into the reception? I want something fun and cute...but I cant figure out anything.

"You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly."
--Sam Keen

wedding widget

Rachel426 Posts : 47 Registered: 6/19/08
Posted: Jun 17, 2009 4:01 PM Go to message in response to: MrsKG

I agree! I can't believe how Oct. is coming up so fast it seems!! We have gotten alot done. Bridesmaids have ordered dresses. My dress will be in this week!! FH picked out tuxes. We are ordering invitations this week! I am having trouble deciding on a veil!! I posted my dress a few months ago in this thread so if anyone has any ideas please help!! My family is no help at all!! LOL...We are deciding between caramel apples and little brown bags with old fashioned candy sticks inside!

FutureMrsGeorge: where are you getting your apples from? And I am in the same boat as you are...FH is only 2 in. taller than me...his one request is that he doesn't want me taller than him. I haven't decided if I want white shoes or colored shoes!! I know for the reception, I am changing in to my chuck taylors...they are brown!!

Other than that all is going really well!! I hope everything is going well for ya'll also!!
I carry your heart with me; I carry it in my heart
I am never without it~E.E. Cummings

Posted: Jun 17, 2009 4:13 PM Go to message in response to: Rachel426

Someone on here PMed me about a place called daffyapples.com and I went there and emailed back and forth with the owner/manager about shipping and all because they are in CO and I'm in MD and she guaranteed they would be here on time and that they have never had issues in the past. But anyway they are like $27 for 24 apples, which is really cheap because I went to a candy shop in my area and they wanted like $4 a piece for them. So you should check that place out! The only thing is, is that they only do carmel or the red candied kind, and originally I wanted half of them chocolate covered but I'm willing to compromise for such a good price! :)

Colored shoes would be very cool, what color would you wear? I thought about that for a moment, but I dont know if Im brave enough! lol

"You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly."
--Sam Keen

wedding widget

Rachel426 Posts : 47 Registered: 6/19/08
Posted: Jun 17, 2009 4:48 PM Go to message in response to: MrsKG

I will def. check out that website...with the candy I found a website for bulk candy and it isn't expensive either so that is why it is still and option!! Lol...I am thinking either blue for my something blue, or a red orange color since our colors are burnt orange and chocolate...I can't decide though. I will let you know when I do

I carry your heart with me; I carry it in my heart
I am never without it~E.E. Cummings

halloweenexcite... Posts : 95 Registered: 7/18/08
Posted: Jun 17, 2009 11:45 PM Go to message in response to: MrsKG

I'll check them out, thanks. I want something I can get colored. And I am having a hard time finding a style I really like. I got my tira the other day and I am so excited, can't wait to tyry it with the dress!

Kiss Life is a celebration, enjoy every moment! Allow others to celebrate with you.

Fran 

MrsCP3 Posts : 456 Registered: 4/21/08
Posted: Jun 18, 2009 8:17 AM Go to message in response to: halloweenexcite...

Halloween- I got my shoes from DSW. They are Nina's which I highly recommend, because even the really tall ones are pretty comfy.

shoes.jpg picture by JeWareGT

Also, FH's wedding band came in yesterday, which IMO is pretty fast since we just ordered it Sunday... here are a couple pics.

DSCN2673.jpg picture by JeWareGT

DSCN2689.jpg our wedding bands :) picture by JeWareGT

38.jpg picture by JeWareGT

Posted: Jun 18, 2009 9:33 AM Go to message in response to: MrsCP3

Rachel- You could always do both favors, like alternate them or maybe have them in a basket for people to pick which they would rather have. Just a thought...I was thinking about doing that, but then I decided I liked the idea of setting each persons wrapped apple on their plate as part of the table display. If that makes any sense. As for your shoes, either color would be pretty, and those are my colors too! I don't know which thread (I think there is one around here about colored shoes) but a few ladies posted pics of their colored shoes and someone had orange-ish shoes with her white dress. It was really neat with the pop of color.

Halloween- Zappos does have a lot of different shoes that are dyeable! :)

So I am in the process of making my BM gifts, I got them all silver bracelets with a little heart charm, that I had engraved with their initial. And I'm make them all little "emergency kit" bags. I got these really cute tote bag from the dollar store and put their names on them in rhinestones, and I'm filling it with all kinds of goodies, I even got them all flip flops that I am bedazzling. I'm trying to think of some other fun and useful things to put in them...anyone have any ideas? What are you guys doing for your WP gifts?

--Sam Keen

wedding widget

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine