Key West guest bags

Online Users: 1,292 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 10

FutureMrsGillum... Posts : 23 Registered: 1/24/09
Key West guest bags
Posted: Jun 11, 2009 5:18 PM

So I have a lot of stuff done, and I think it is time to start on my gift bags for my guests' rooms. I have a few ideas but every bag i find that i like it seems like they are too big. I want to give beach bags because that way it is something they can use in key west. Nothing really super expensive just a plain beach bag. A welcome/Thank you card, personalized water bottles (one each per guest),a folder with restaurant menus, wedding itenerary, a really cute beer koozie (I know it sounds tacky, but they really are cute), and personalized sunscreen. I thought I would buy something key lime to throw in when we get there. I just feel like that stuff won't fill up a bag. I need some ideas. We aren't rich so we don't want to spend a lot of money but we do want our guest to feel like we thought about them. HELP, lol.

FutureSaunders Posts : 95 Registered: 9/18/08
Re: Key West guest bags
Posted: Jun 11, 2009 7:05 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsGillum...

I am in the same boat as you! I am getting married in Jamaica and I also want to do guest bags. I like the beach bag idea, I was thinking the same thing. Personalize water and other gifts is a great start too. I think you are doing well so far with your ideas. I was also thinking about inexpensive flip flops for my bags that my guests can wear. You can get the ones that are kinda one size fits all (womens 6-8, mens 9-11, various colors). Just a thought! I posted questions on gift bags as well and one post said to get things they were related to the island. So if you can find out things about Key West, like what they are know for or something that is really popular there, you can add those things. Sorry I don't have much advice to give b/c I need help with guest bag ideas too. But I will keep you posted on anything that I find out. Oh and if you can, let me know where you find cute/inexpensive beach bags! Thanks and good luck!

Be Blessed!

jole Posts : 4 Registered: 1/26/08
Posted: Jun 11, 2009 7:10 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsGillum...

A beach towel would help fill the bag and probably not cost too much if you check walmarts or another discount store. As the most important thing is the beach bag, I would put most of my money into that - since that is what your guests will keep and will always remind them of your wedding weekend.(by the way, Key West sounds great!) If you haven't gotten your beach bags yet try http://www.jessicaswedding.com. They have really cute mesh beach bags that include Free embroidery in 15+ colors for $12.95. You could embroider your wedding date or guest's last name to make it really personal. Hope this helps.

Posted: Jun 12, 2009 9:40 AM Go to message in response to: FutureSaunders

Thank you Future Mrs. Sanders. Im glad I'm not the only one having trouble! I did just yesterday decided on putting a gift certificate for a piece of key lime pie in there. And I found a strawberry mojito drink mix at kitchen store on CLEARENCE!!! So there are a couple new things. I like the flip flop idea. And you are right that is a thoughtful yet inexpensive gift! My soon to be mother in law also sent me a text about $4 beach towels at Target. They may even have them online if you don't have a target around! That may be a good idea for both of us.

Posted: Jun 12, 2009 9:50 AM Go to message in response to: jole

I think you are totally right about getting good beach bags! that is something that people can always use. And i will check out the website! Thanks!!!!

FutureSaunders Posts : 95 Registered: 9/18/08
Posted: Jun 14, 2009 4:51 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsGillum...

I am loving the idea about the gift card in the key lime pie! That is a great idea. For now, I am just putting together ideas b/c I don't have an approximate count of how many bags I will need to do and that will determine my budget for doing the gift bags. And I really dont want to travel to Jamaica with too much heavy stuff or numerous items (we have enought to pack and take with us already). But I have been told to wait until I get to Jamaica and get stuff from there, which isn't a bad idea and our wedding coordinator said she can help in getting the stuff for me before we arrive. I just have to figure out what the "stuff" is, lol. Seems like your bags are coming together, good look with the rest!

Be Blessed!

charmedfavors Posts : 7 Registered: 6/10/09
Posted: Jun 14, 2009 7:23 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsGillum...

Congratulations, I think beach themes are great, because there are so many different things you can do with it. I got married on the Beach in Destin. Fl in 2001 and had gift baskets with beach themed, candles, soap and small trinkets that they could take home, which they all enjoyed. Well that was almost 8 years ago, todays industry has come along way with these ideas. I've seen candles shaped as sand castles, glass photo coasters, dolphin shaped bottle openers. Just have fun with it.

Best Wishes
Danyell @ www.charmedfavors.com

SweetSunset Posts : 159 Registered: 1/15/09
Posted: Jun 16, 2009 10:22 AM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsGillum...

Check out this site:
www.bagsontherun.com

They are the reuseable bags you would get in the grocery store. They are around $1.00 each, they come in different colors, and you can get them without the logo. So you could personalize the bag yourself. I'm using these for my guest bags. They're cheaper, eco-friendly, and the guests can use them long after the wedding.
Definitely doing the mini-sunscreens, water, some type of handheld fan, a little beach ball, welcome note, a timeline of events, a pamphlet on the history of Key West, a map of Key West, and for a little treat, everyone gets a key lime pie on a stick. :)

AnneDunphy Posts : 3 Registered: 7/28/09
Posted: Jul 28, 2009 2:13 PM Go to message in response to: SweetSunset

Hi!

I'm getting married in Key West also!
I find your postings extremely helpful!
I like all of the ideas. I did have a question about the Key West Maps. Anyone know where to get good ones from? Did anyone find anything online like that?
I also love how the bags from jessicaswedding.com.
I can't wait to get started!
Please keep sending any advice?
To all the brides getting married in Key West...where are you having your reception?
Also..any ideas for rehearsal dinners?
Thanks,
Annie

Posted: Jul 28, 2009 9:08 PM Go to message in response to: AnneDunphy

I'm glad we can help! As far as the reception We are having ours in Ohio where we are from. But when we were down in the keys for vacation, we ate at a restaurant called Red Fish Blue Fish. it was wonderful! And it is located near the water and you can sit outside! I bet you can even reserve dinning space. It was pretty big. It wasnt really fancy, I don't know what you are looking for exactly. You may want to check out keywestmenu.com, they have menus for most restaurants. and as far as maps, I would just print one off the internet. if you want a real map i would check out amazon! good luck! and keep touch!

swichwang34 Posts : 657 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 16, 2012 5:03 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsGillum...

Rosa Clara Wedding Dress Starting form 229.95USD
Click Here: http://www.jenniferbridal.com/designer-bridal-collections-rosa-clara-c-420_451.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine