Ceremony & Reception

Online Users: 1,302 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6

Sugarpot36 Posts : 4 Registered: 5/23/09
Ceremony & Reception
Posted: Jun 9, 2009 10:49 PM

My fiance and I are only asking our families and closest friends to our wedding, approximately 50 guests. We have found a local restaurant that has a beautiful space where we could hold both the ceremony and reception. Does this seem tacky?

headoverheels8 Posts : 80 Registered: 11/17/07
Re: Ceremony & Reception
Posted: Jun 10, 2009 12:33 AM Go to message in response to: Sugarpot36

I don't think it would be tacky. If the space is beautiful as you say then it sounds very intimate and if that is the feel you want then go for it.

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Jun 10, 2009 7:50 AM Go to message in response to: Sugarpot36

It's not tacky at all. I'm having my wedding in the same place the ceremony and reception are at. Now-a-day it's very common to have both at the same place. It saves time to have to travel to two different places. I"d say go for it!

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

TanisJ Posts : 2,669 Registered: 4/25/07
Posted: Jun 10, 2009 9:35 AM Go to message in response to: Sugarpot36

Welcome to the Boards. I don't think thats tacky. Its quite convenient for your guests and saves time. I have been to a few weddings that had the reception and ceremony in the same location and here's what I noticed

Wedding 1 - ceremony and reception were literally in the same location as in guests were seated at round tables and watched the ceremony from there. I didn't like this much because half the people had to turn around in their chairs. Also we couldn't get up and move around for a long time

Wedding 2 - The front of the room was set up with row seating so everyone was facing forward. There was an archway that separated the ceremony and reception site so the space was clearly defined. The reception was set up with rounds as well. I preferred this much better.

if you find you must do the ceremony and reception in the exact same location make sure your tables are set up so your guests can see. If the venue has square tables you can do a hollow square with people sitting just on the outsides like this I_I

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Jun 10, 2009 12:56 PM Go to message in response to: Sugarpot36

Dear SP,

That sounds lovely. I suggest you ask the sales and catering manager at that restaurant what they have done in the past, and consider their suggestions. They know best what works in their space.

Not at all tacky.

Lori82 Posts : 151 Registered: 3/21/08
Posted: Jun 10, 2009 5:29 PM Go to message in response to: Sugarpot36

Hi, we both are getting married on the same day...9/26/09. No, I don't think that's tacky at all. I've heard of many couples having the ceremony and reception at the same location.

mazzy26 Posts : 21 Registered: 4/28/09
Posted: Jun 11, 2009 10:50 PM Go to message in response to: Lori82

hello. my aunt and uncle recently got married. and they had a cute ceremony in the reception hall. she had an arch made up of flowers in front of a beautiful fireplace, i thought it was very beautiful and not at all tacky.
saves you money on other things. go for it. will look beautiful!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine