i havent told my dad yet.

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 3

mginete Posts : 2 Registered: 6/10/09
i havent told my dad yet.
Posted: Jun 12, 2009 6:25 AM

i am going to be twenty in august. and me and my fiance have been together for a year but have been close friends for a couple of years. my fiance will be twenty in december. we plann to get married in december of this year. and we recently moved in together. we are truly madly in love. we get by with what we got and already planning our wedding.

my dad and i, out relationship is sort of a tough love thing until recently. he didnt like the fact that i was moving out and we've became closer after that. i've always been scared to tell him things because he's such a hardass. so im very scared to tell him that im getting married soon. i have no idea how but all i know is that i have to tell him soon. i wanted my fiance to tell him on his own but i know i should be there too. what do i do? i need help asap. please let me know
<3megan

Edited by: mginete on Jun 12, 2009 6:26 AM

Knoxvegas Posts : 951 Registered: 9/12/07
Re: i havent told my dad yet.
Posted: Jun 23, 2009 5:29 PM Go to message in response to: mginete

Sit down with him and just tell him.

"Love is not a matter of counting the years -- it's making the years count."

-Wolfman Jack Smith

kennysoldwife Posts : 3,859 Registered: 4/28/07
Posted: Jun 23, 2009 5:36 PM Go to message in response to: mginete

I would think that a person who is old enough to set up housekeeping with a man and is considering marrying should be able to sit down with their parent and tell them their plans.

Just sit him down and tell him you are getting married.

Kenny and me perfect together, 10 years and counting

Sucks to be you, So glad I am me

Proud Member of P.O.O.P,  People Offended by Offended People

wedding websites

Saffire9510 Posts : 9 Registered: 6/17/09
Posted: Jul 9, 2009 3:29 PM Go to message in response to: kennysoldwife

Since we are on the subject of telling "Dad,"

My dad and I did not have much contact while I was growing up and I basically had my maternal grandfather as my father figure until the age of 16. Since then my dad and I have kept in contact over the past 10 years, and now Im getting married...so my dilemma is this:

I've already asked my grandfather to walk me down the aisle since I have been telling him he would since I was little, BUT would it be inappropriate to have my dad on my other arm?
Do I invite my dad and his wife and my 1/2 sibs and not say anything at all about it?
I guess Im also worried about what my Gramps might think or feel.....sigh.

I just think I will feel extremely weird, maybe even guilty, if I dont ask him and then look back at him sitting in the crowd....

Ok ladies, let er rip....Thanks =)

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine