Wedding Program

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5

KimberlyDonn Posts : 26 Registered: 9/8/08
Wedding Program
Posted: Jun 8, 2009 4:27 PM

I designed our wedding program, and did a bi-fold with the cover of invitation on the front, and inside on the left the menu, and on the right the names of the wedding party. I think I'm also supposed to put a schedule of events so people know what is going to happen. I would then have do re-design a trifold to get everything in. Is is appropriate to just say 'thank you' to the wedding party members in the program without listing their names and what they did? That way I could use the right side of the bi-fold to put the schedule of events. OR I could make the menu smaller and have them on the same page; like wedding ceremony - Curt Waldrip officiant; and then under the "dinner" have the menu in smaller font. I'm not sure which would be more approrpiate. HELP!

MsMeghann Posts : 147 Registered: 3/4/08
Re: Wedding Program
Posted: Jun 8, 2009 4:44 PM Go to message in response to: KimberlyDonn

Hey there,

I have to admit I'm a lil confused. You say "wedding program" but I'm not sure I've seen an all-in-one "wedding" program - and by no means does that infer that you can't do something like that. Are you aiming to include your menu and ceremony information all in one packet? Typically, menus or reception information is separate from the ceremony programs -- at least as far as I know.

Personally, I chose to include my participants (parents, readers and officiate); a ceremony outline so people know what's going on; the wedding party and ushers; and a special written thank you in my ceremony programs. I chose not to do menu cards at the reception since I had to give the meal count ahead of time (they assured me that they accomodate for ppl who switch or forget what they picked).

If I were in your wedding party or a guest, I would appreciate knowing who's who - plus it's a nice way to recognize those who are standing up for you.

~~~~~~~~~***~~~~~~~~~
Soon to be Mrs. Scherrer
www.MattandMeghann.com

simplebride2 Posts : 33 Registered: 4/17/09
Posted: Jun 8, 2009 9:49 PM Go to message in response to: KimberlyDonn

I agree with PP. The wedding program is typically for wedding info: attendants, parents and pastors names; ceremony music and musicians; etc. I would use a seperate menu at the reception. People will focus more on the wedding too if they aren't thinking about dinner the whole time.

Posted: Jun 9, 2009 4:25 PM Go to message in response to: simplebride2

I think I know the reason for the confusion... my wedding ceremony and the reception are both in the same place, one right after the other. So I figured that one program with everything might be the best way to go; but I'm still not sure how to set it up.

Thanks for your help,

Kim

MsMeghann Posts : 147 Registered: 3/4/08
Posted: Jun 9, 2009 4:38 PM Go to message in response to: KimberlyDonn

Hey Kimberly,

My ceremony, cocktail hour and reception are also all at one venue, and follow each other immediately in succession. I would still recommend (for ease for your guests) to do a seperate ceremony program, and then do a menu card on the reception tables themselves if you want to. PP Simple makes some good points about seperating those pieces out. I think it's awesome of you to design your own stuff, but it might confuse guests to see a menu while attending your ceremony.

~~~~~~~~~***~~~~~~~~~
Soon to be Mrs. Scherrer
www.MattandMeghann.com

Posted: Jun 10, 2009 1:18 PM Go to message in response to: MsMeghann

Thanks, I think you may be right. The ceremony and wedding party thank yous should be separate from the menu. That way it gives me more space to write a special thank you to my guests too. I think designing a menu card to place on the plates under the favor bags (which will have bubbles and a lottery scratch off ticket) is just perfect. I'll just have to decide what size and what kind of paper/font/graphics I'll use for the menu card. Thanks again.

Kim

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine