Help!!!! I want to lose 30 pounds for the wedding!!!!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 31

SteffMay2009 Posts : 383 Registered: 10/22/08
Re: Help!!!! I want to lose 30 pounds for the wedding!!!!
Posted: Apr 24, 2009 3:22 PM Go to message in response to: flaahowa

Another thing you can try easily, is cutting out soda, and try to get 30g of fiber a day. All my fitness magazines recommend fiber to loose 5 lbs pretty fast. You can eat blueberries, Fiber One cereal, raspberries, and some wheat bread. Read the labels and see if you are getting enough. Also, you can never have enough grilled chicken. It's low in calories, has 0 carbs and barely any fat, but lots of protein. Just look for different ways to eat it. We'll do grill chix w/tomato, basil, and mozz; grilled chicken burritos on a low carb wrap; or just grilled chix w/mashed sweet potatos.

Also, I know not everyone likes running, but it really does work. I lost 10 lbs doing it! Now that the weather's nice, I promise, it's not horrible. Just bring an ipod.

stbmrsramos Posts : 4 Registered: 4/29/09
Posted: Apr 29, 2009 1:38 PM Go to message in response to: flaahowa

My thoughts exactly!!! If you are comfortable and the fiance loves it, why bother. If you are healthy and happy, why lose weight just to look like a different person. You most likely already have your dress and you loved it when you picked it out and he will love it on you too!!!

Just be happy!! And don't stress, it is crunch time and the last thing you need is more stress!!!

JohnRyan Posts : 1 Registered: 5/15/09
Posted: May 15, 2009 8:40 AM Go to message in response to: stbmrsramos

A good way to lose fat is to control your diet by staying away from junk foods and focus on fruits and vegetables.

For the exercise do some vigorous exercise such as swimming, sprint,
and other exercises of that type. But of course do not overdo it.Doing
excessive cardio will actually working against your results
because you are stimulating excessive cortisol production in your body
and breaking down lean muscle tissue... all of which leads to the slowing down of your metabolic rate over time and deposition of even more belly fat on top of what you already have.

Also, wasting most of your workout time with ineffective abs
exercises such as crunches, situps, and torso twists actually goes
directly against your fat loss efforts as well. You see, the time you
waste with doing all of these fairly ineffective abs exercises, is
really just keeping you from doing the truly effective full body
exercise combinations that actually stimulate your fat burning hormones
and increase your metabolic rate for as much as 24-48 hours after each
workout. You don't get that with "ab workouts" or "cardio"!

When you get these types of full body metabolic-surge workouts
right, the excess belly fat starts to melt off quicker than you ever
could have imagined. Yes, it IS going to take a little work though.
You're not going to be able to just be lazy and sit on the couch every
day hoping for your dream body to come true. Don't worry though, it's
a system that can be applied by anyone, regardless of your age or
current conditioning.

Remove belly fat & Get a sexy body before your wedding

BirdLover Posts : 2,834 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: May 17, 2009 1:13 AM Go to message in response to: JohnRyan

flaa - re: exercise, I was never able to REALLY find a routine that worked for me. So, I said " screw it" to the routine idea, and instead picked different exercises to do every day. Maybe swimming one day, walking the next, an exercise DVD another...it's actually better for your body to have variety! And it's more fun too!

If you do manage to sock away enough money to join a gym, even temporarily, I recommend two things. One, go to some of the classes they offer, like step aerobics...you're more likely to "push" yourself and not wimp out in a room full of people! Second...I didn't really like personal training, but I paid for ONE session, so that I was at least taught how to use the machines properly, and given advice about the best ones to use to help tone what I wanted. So that's another suggestion!

For food...keep up the water intake, that is THE best advice I can give. And also, don't give up if you have a bad day. And if you eat something naughty, don't do what I do and use is as an excuse to have a free-for-all for the rest of the day. Instead of saying ' I'll start again tomorrow', say " I'll start again RIGHT NOW"!

Hope that helps!

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

khanhmpham Posts : 1 Registered: 1/22/09
Posted: May 27, 2009 11:53 AM Go to message in response to: flaahowa

I just recently started Turbo Jam. I hate working out but these videos are fun! Also, the longest video is only 45 minutes long. When I'm short for time (which is often), I just do the 20 minutes video and I've already seen results! Good Luck!

http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/turbo_jam_maximum_results.do

CoronadoBride Posts : 1 Registered: 4/6/09
Posted: May 27, 2009 1:44 PM Go to message in response to: flaahowa

I agree with you...they already love us, so why change??? I am doing it for the pictures, and for the people I haven't seen in years, and for myself too. I love feeling healthy!

I was going to let you know that I started the South Beach Diet about a month ago, and have already lost 15lbs. It is a great diet, recommended from my doctor and several friends. It's much easier to follow than any other diet I have tried...and trust me...I have tried them all!

As far as cardio and working out...I really enjoy Zumba. It's a latin dancing cardio workout. It is very fast paced and fun. In my classes at LA Fitness, people are always whoopin it up and really getting into it. You may enjoy it! Another fun cardio exercise my girlfriends and I took was aerobic striptease classes! It was sooooo much fun! They don't offer these at any gym I have been to, but you can usually find classes in your area on the internet!

Good luck!

ErinMrsBrandt Posts : 2 Registered: 8/4/08
Posted: May 27, 2009 5:23 PM Go to message in response to: flaahowa

Hi,

I was walking before (with my dogs) & the weight was coming off way too slow. I decided to join a gym & my fiancee wanted to join too. They had good specials in April when I joined (Urban Active.) I don't love it but I actually like it, especially the machines with the music video channels. They also offer zumba & cardio kickboxing classes. Zumba classes can often be found just offered by themselves without a gym membership but I'm lucky, my membership price was fantastic & it includes swimming (water aerobics classes too), an indoor track & various classes. I tried cardio kickboxing & yoga as well. The yoga class isn't great but it's essentially free. I love the zumba & it pushes me to work out longer than if I were using a video at home. I'm pretty awful at it but it is supposed to be fun so I don't sabotage my attendance by letting the inner critic rule.

I also love it that we go to the gym together even though we don't work out together once we're there. I joined so I could fit into my dress but now I go because I want to have core strength. I may not go as often after the wedding but I'm so grateful (believe it or not) that my dress was too tight. It's the only thing that has kept me motivated to stick with my diet (Flat Belly Diet) and amp up my exercise to healthy levels for my heart & back &major muscle groups.

Megyn Posts : 2 Registered: 12/31/07
Posted: May 27, 2009 5:30 PM Go to message in response to: flaahowa

It looks like you're getting married in September? I joined Weight Watchers and lost 22 pounds. The time it took for that to happen was about 3 total. What I like about Weight Watchers is that you don't have to feel deprived and since I like food (and especially have a sweet tooth). When you go to the meetings, you also are held accountable and have a support system in the leader and the other people who are in the same boat you are. It worked very well for me. Last summer, I also started biking everywhere. I can't never seem to get into a good workout routine because I have to take my job home with me and then I'm tired, and I never stick to running no matter how good my intentions are. I started biking everywhere, especially on errands and to and from work and I shaved off 7 pounds just from doing that and not dieting overly much. This also helped on gas. Biking (and swimming) is also much better on the joints than running and yet depending on the kind of intensity you want to do, can be just as much of a workout as running. Looks like you're on the right track with cutting your meals and drinking lots of water. Just don't deprive yourself when you're hungry or want sweets because you may gorge yourself when temptation hits (that of course depends on how much you love to eat and how sweet your tooth is :)) Some filling foods to keep in mind: any vegetable, especially the dark greens (just don't load it with butter like I used to!), any fruit which is great because a lot of fruit is in season (do you have a favorite apple? Those are easy to carry around on the run), and whole grains (switch your bread if you need to from white and that will help). Hope this helps and good luck!

Megyn Posts : 2 Registered: 12/31/07
Posted: May 27, 2009 5:33 PM Go to message in response to: Megyn

Sorry, typo, it took 3 months to lose 22 pounds.

avaicesk26 Posts : 3 Registered: 1/9/09
Posted: May 27, 2009 6:12 PM Go to message in response to: flaahowa

You should try Jazzercise. It's the only exercise I can tolerate....I HATE exercising and I don't mind jazzercise that much.

PrinSa121 Posts : 5 Registered: 7/15/08
Posted: Jun 4, 2009 1:16 PM Go to message in response to: flaahowa

Weight Watchers works! It's not a 'diet' - they teach you how to eat right and set you on an amount of 'points' your allowed for the day so you don't overeat - and to add to the weight lose - workout.

CamLovesJmw Posts : 49 Registered: 12/3/08
Posted: Jun 4, 2009 1:34 PM Go to message in response to: PrinSa121

I am also doing turbo jam, and it's a lot of fun, I acutally get the songs stuck in my head after doing a workout. I also recommend Leslie Sansone Workout Dvd's, and biggest loser dvd's.

Chelsea and Josh Six years Strong

firstgrip Posts : 1 Registered: 6/6/09
Posted: Jun 6, 2009 7:29 AM Go to message in response to: flaahowa

I have found a very effective way to lose weight by shifting calorie instead of low calorie diet. The eating pattern is never the same so the body will not establish a fix pattern and therefore it tricks the body to maintain high metabolism all day long. Losing weight has never been easier than this.

http://www.loseweightweekly.com

Easy Diets | Fat Loss 4 Idiots Review
Edited by: firstgrip on Jun 6, 2009 7:30 AM

Edited by: firstgrip on Jun 6, 2009 7:31 AM

Trinite Posts : 8 Registered: 2/20/09
Posted: Jun 8, 2009 7:31 PM Go to message in response to: flaahowa

I'm trying to cut out soda from my drinks. I LOVE coke but it's not good for me and most likely what's keeping me from losing the 10 to 15 lbs I'm trying to lose.

It is also very good to get lots of vitamins and minerals in. AdvoCare sells a product called Slim that is packed with vitamins and minerals that have been proven to work for people with only 30 lbs to lose and with people who needed to lose 200+ lbs. They've also used MNS Max 3. You can get a 2 week supply of MNS Max 3 for $42.95. 12 servings of Slim is $39.95. Quantity wise you'd get a better deal with MNS Max and it works. It's incredible! You can find it here: https://www.advocare.com/09052479/Store/CatalogView.aspx?id=A

Moxiebaby Posts : 24 Registered: 6/18/09
Posted: Jun 19, 2009 2:46 PM Go to message in response to: BirdLover

Hiya,

How do you juggle wanting to lose weight and knowing you'll be a different dress size with actually buying your wedding dress?
This is exactly the conundrum I'm in now. Do I wait to lose weight, then shop? I'm not buying a traditional wedding dress so I'll be looking at evening gowns in department stores. If I wait to lose weight first, I'm shopping in the wrong season for my wedding. And, if I wait all the way 'til next summer to shop, I'm concerned about not having enough time for alterations...... Do I buy a dress now and alter it later?

Thanks for any input.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine