My Fam needs prayers

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 17

NJ4Life Posts : 3,358 Registered: 8/10/07
My Fam needs prayers
Posted: Jun 8, 2009 9:04 AM

Hey Girls. Well my sister is FINALLY about to have her baby. I am predicting this week sometime. She goes to the Dr. today so I'll know more later. however, her mother in law is about to pass away at the same time. My sis is a nurse and she feels like it is going to happen this week. She has been sick for years, and she was trying very hard to stay around for the baby. But my sis thinks both are going to happen this week.

So I just need some thoughts for my sister, BIL, the baby & her MIL. I knew her MIL wasn't making it through the summer but for them to possibly coincide is really terrible. Plus my sister doesnt really need to be stressed at this time. So please keep them in your thoughts.

New Jersey: We have dumps, bays and cement boots and we know how to use 'em

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Re: My Fam needs prayers
Posted: Jun 8, 2009 9:21 AM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

You got it NJ. I sincerely hope that things dont happen the way your sister predicts they will.Maybe she will get lucky and her MIL can hold on a bit longer.:)

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com  

See our funny Wedding Wed-isode @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OokYNI91ztU&NR=1

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for standup comedy clips,sketches,and more @ www.youtube.com/kelleyfunnylady

Co-Founder and Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People.

"Children are just like adults, minus the crushing failure." - Stephen Colbert

Bride2008 Posts : 3,058 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Jun 8, 2009 9:30 AM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

You got it 100%. It must be so hard for your sister and her husband right now. If there is anything else we can do, let us know.

P.O.O.P.E.R. - People Offended by Offended People Executive Recruiter

Soon2bWellsFargo Posts : 125 Registered: 4/29/09
Posted: Jun 8, 2009 9:40 AM Go to message in response to: Bride2008

You got it NJ prayers for your sister's family are on the way. I do hope MIL at least gets to see baby before she goes. So sad for the family at such a happy time.
Daddy's Little Girl

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Jun 8, 2009 9:45 AM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

You got it NJ. Hope your sis's MIL is able to see the baby....

RedStormGirl Posts : 184 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Jun 8, 2009 10:08 AM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

NJ - your family is in my prayers.

Right after I was born, my grandfather (mom's dad) passed away. I know it was a tough time for my mother, but I know I kind of look at it as a "one door closes" kind of thing. It may be a simple thought, but I know I take comfort in the story that my grandfather got a chance to meet me before he passed away...like he was waiting for that moment.

And if your sister's MIL does pass away before the baby is born...well again this might be silly to some, but you can tell the baby someday that grandma went to go meet him/her in that space between heaven and earth - where he/she was entering this world, and grandma was leaving it.

Again, I will be praying for her. I truly hope she gets to meet the baby. Take care.

Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People.

"I'm gunna get my Brooklyn on and I'm gunna friggin knock her block off!"  - Dina Manzo 

"Where you are is where I belong...I do know where you go is where I want to be." - DMB

RoBelle Posts : 1,236 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Jun 8, 2009 11:50 AM Go to message in response to: RedStormGirl

You and your family are in my prayers!!!

GIVING MANY THANKS FOR MY BABY GIRL JASMINE ELISE (11/25/08) . . . THE NEWEST ADDITION TO MY BEAUTIFUL FAMILY!!!

MrsSy Posts : 504 Registered: 7/6/08
Posted: Jun 8, 2009 11:53 AM Go to message in response to: RedStormGirl

NJ, your family will be on my prayers. I hope your sis MIL hold it a little bit to meet the baby.

Can't wait to be Mrs. Snyder

Proud Member of the P.O.O.P.

NJ4Life Posts : 3,358 Registered: 8/10/07
Posted: Jun 8, 2009 12:30 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

You girls are so sweet. Thanks. It's such a weird feeling to be excited over something, but really sad at the same time. It has to mean something bigger because her MIL has been sick for a very long time, like 10 yrs, and now is the time she passes? You know? It helps to know this is not her first grandbaby but at the same time, it's her son's first child. I guess the bottom line is it's bittersweet

Sidenote: Sister just called after the Dr. She is still 1cm and lost 2lbs, so I think that means its soon. THe Dr thinks it will be this week...and he stretched her cervix or something NASTY like that!

New Jersey: We have dumps, bays and cement boots and we know how to use 'em

RobinRings Posts : 4 Registered: 3/19/09
Posted: Jun 8, 2009 4:44 PM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

Will be thinking you and yours!!!

Brooke051609 Posts : 723 Registered: 12/31/07
Posted: Jun 8, 2009 5:56 PM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

Will send up prayers for your family!!

"Come What May... "

carebearny1999 Posts : 1,253 Registered: 9/21/07
Posted: Jun 8, 2009 5:56 PM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

NJ--you got it!
My friend's grandmother passed the day after her son was born--at least she got to see digital pictures of him before passing! He came home the day before her funeral and they "lost" his balloon getting out of the car--we told his older sister that Great Grandma wanted it...

Proud member POOP - People Offended by Offended People

luvathena Posts : 929 Registered: 12/10/07
Posted: Jun 8, 2009 7:19 PM Go to message in response to: carebearny1999

You got it NJ. Your family will be in our prayers.

Care, that happened to me too! My grandmother died the day after my son was born. My Dad brought her to the hospital to see him and she died suddenly the next day. It was a conflicted time for us, sad to loose my Grandma, but thrilled with my son. Gave everyone a focus point to realize that life goes on.

cyndi33 Posts : 2,585 Registered: 1/3/07
Posted: Jun 8, 2009 7:28 PM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

Of course! And sending my best thoughts to your sis and her mil, so hoping mil can make it to the birth. Who knows, my dad had cancer and he passed right after me and the grandkids got to his house. My stepmom thinks he hung on for that. I will wish for you that she make it through the birth and beyond so they don't coincide. As sad as it is, I hope she can make it and know the baby is here safely. I don't know if that worked for my dad, but I like to believe it did. I know it comforted my myra mom.

so sorry this is happening for her, it's tough, I know.

Proud Member of P.O.O.P., People Offended by Offended People

Mrslinnben Posts : 2,285 Registered: 6/4/07
Posted: Jun 9, 2009 1:09 PM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

NJ, keeping your sis & her mil in my prayers.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine