Why we love Electra Cruises

Online Users: 1,315 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1,755

MsCristaKay Posts : 19 Registered: 4/28/09
Re: Why we love Electra Cruises
Posted: May 30, 2009 1:25 PM Go to message in response to: Soon2BMrsLewis

SoontobeMrsLewis, I was going to set up a day to just sit down with a few different florists to see what they can offer. Is LaVonne's pretty affordable? I'm concerned that with a centerpiece on every table it's going to get pricey.

I switched my date to October 16, 2010 to accomodate the fhs brother's navy schedule. So now the planning is starting so tha I can at least figure everything out by this summer. I don't want to wait to the last minute to book everything.

I'm thinking about going to the tasting June 18, anyone else going? For those who have gone to the tastings, any ideas about how the tastings/meet and greet with vendors goes? I like to know what I'm walking into. :)

You know you're in love when you don't want to fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.  ~Dr. Seuss

Soon2BMrsLewis Posts : 60 Registered: 2/2/09
Posted: Jun 1, 2009 2:59 PM Go to message in response to: MsCristaKay

Well it's weird, I had heard so much about Flower's Etc. on this board, as well as so much about LaVonne's. I heard amazing things about Flower's Etc. and how inexpensive they were compared to anyone else. So we took a trip there as well as LaVonne's and the quotes I was getting for Flower's Etc. where just astronomical... with LaVonne's it started high but we were working on things that could change and waht we want and don't want... we got it so much closer into our budget range and Jean with LaVonne's was fabulous. Unfortunately with the Eternity boat the tables seat 8 -- if they sat 10 that would be so many less centerpieces! I'm at about 22 I'm thinking so far... eesh! I would definately talk to Jean at LaVonne's florist -- she does great work and they probably know the boats at Electra more then anybody. She will definately help work with your budget and give you other ideas once you realize some of your dreams aren't always as realistic as you'd hope (of course I have expensive taste in flowers haha).

I started planning 14 months in advance and I learned that vendor's LOVED it. So they appreciate you being ahead of schedule. :) My cousin just got engaged as well and your new wedding date is her wedding date as well!!

My fiance and I have discussed doing the June 18 tasting but we never know usually until the week of because of our work/school schedule. We will see if we see you there :)

-Laura, the future Mrs. Lewis

MrsWilletToBe Posts : 13 Registered: 2/27/09
Posted: Jun 2, 2009 1:45 PM Go to message in response to: Soon2BMrsLewis

MsCristaKay, you are two weeks after me! I'm October 2, 2010 on Athena. We are pretty much at a standstill with our planning because we are trying to save, save, save - we're paying for the whole shindig ourselves!

I haven't been to meet any vendors or to the tasting yet -- let me knwo what you think if you go this month!

Posted: Jun 2, 2009 1:59 PM Go to message in response to: MrsWilletToBe

MrsWilletToBe, Congrats on your upcoming wedding! I think we're going to the July tasting instead, so that I can get off work early. I hear you on saving up for the wedding, they aren't cheap! We're paying for most of it, but due to the extreme amount of extra people my FH's parents want to invite, they have volunteered to pay for those extras, which helps.
We're doing a ton of planning this summer, so that we don't have much to worry about after summer. I'm about to finish up school and the FH will still be in it through 2010, so I want to alleviate any additional stress that can occur during school, haha!
I'm a big time researcher, so it's easy enough for me to explore all the options, I already have a wedding invitation I like, and have pretty much figured out favors. I want to get to the tastings early, just to meet the vendors and book the good ones ahead of time. Some of the favored DJ's book over a year in advance based on what I've read on this site!
Any particular theme yet for your wedding?

SoonToBeMrsLewis: Thank you for the info. I had heard a lot about Flowers, etc too, but I like knowing that Jean really works with your budget. I have expensive taste in flowers too, but I'm going simple with the centerpieces so hopefully it won't be too horrible! I'm incorporating white shells somehow to the pieces, so we'll see what she comes up with.

You know you're in love when you don't want to fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.  ~Dr. Seuss

crammy Posts : 1 Registered: 6/2/09
Posted: Jun 2, 2009 5:06 PM Go to message in response to: Soon2bMrsHultner

Hello Ladies!

First off, congrats on your engagements...Im barely beginning to plan my wedding aboard electra cruises and so many questions and crazy ideas are starting to brew in my head. First off, I have a question regarding the weather...does anyone have a plan B in case there is rain? I hate to look like a pessimist but I am so scared and paranoid about the weather..does anyone know what happens in this situation? please let me know,

thanks!

crammy

Edited by: crammy on Jun 2, 2009 5:08 PM

Posted: Jun 2, 2009 5:41 PM Go to message in response to: crammy

I don't really think anything happens - although I never asked so I'm not sure. But I think it might depend on what yacht you're on? I'm on the Eternity so I just assume that if it rains, we will just be in a yacht that's getting rained on. I went on I believe weatherchannel.com or something like that and they give you the history on your day every year. I guess I'm getting cocky for my wedding day next year because the past THREE years in a row it's been in the freakin' 90's. What are the chances of that in Newport Beach in April? Hopefully it will be a hot gorgeous day next year too!

Posted: Jun 2, 2009 6:14 PM Go to message in response to: crammy

I agree that it could depend on your boat. I'm on Eternity, so it has plenty of indoor space and can be heat controlled if it's cold and rainy out. The rain will make a nice monochromatic backdrop to your pictures in the worst case. If it is raining, they move your gift/guest book table to under the canopy where the salon and stores are instead of sitting out on the walkway. The water shouldn't be much worse with the rain, so the boat shouldn't be rocky given that you're cruising around the harbor. Everyone just needs to bring umbrellas and walk slow. It's like parking anywhere and having to walk up to the event, if it's raining you just have to be a bit more careful with walking.
We actually asked our coordinator about the rain, and most of this sums up her answer.
We have already asked a bunch of questions, so let me know if you have any others; I may know the answer, and if I don't, the girls here are always helpful!
Congrats by the way! :)

hellokitty4ever Posts : 740 Registered: 6/6/07
Posted: Jun 2, 2009 7:20 PM Go to message in response to: MsCristaKay

Hmmmmm....how do I even begin to pose this question?

I got an e-mail today...here's an exact copy of what it says:

Subject line: Subpoena in the matter of Electra Cruises, Inc. v. Fantasea Enterprises, Inc.

Dear Brides.com Forum Poster:

This firm is general counsel to Brides.com. We write to inform you that, pursuant to the above-referenced subpoena, we are required by law to release information about your account to one of the litigants in the above-referenced case. This primarily includes the information you provided when you registered with the site.

If you would like to prevent the release of this information, we must receive by 4:00 pm EDT, June 4, 2009 a copy a motion to quash the subpoena that you or your attorney has filed in court.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Very truly yours,

Blah blah blah...all their contact info

Has anybody else received this e-mail? What's going on besides that fact that Brides.com is releasing info for some sort of litigation?

Photobucket

Posted: Jun 2, 2009 7:30 PM Go to message in response to: hellokitty4ever

I would contact Electra. I'm not 100% confident so hold me to this, but I think I heard that Electra was suing some one based on them posting false reviews on websites (and on this board)... I don't know why that sounds familiar but I think that's what I heard. Contact Electra and maybe somebody can give you some more information on it.

Posted: Jun 2, 2009 7:33 PM Go to message in response to: hellokitty4ever

Wow, when did you get that email? When were you posting on this site? I think there's something involving people pretending to be others to talk badly about electra. I don't really know about it, and I'm sure the company can't say a whole lot if it's pending some kind of litigation. I can only think they're doing it for verification purposes, but I have no clue. That's crazy though, I wonder what happened!?

crystalgal Posts : 46 Registered: 8/14/08
Posted: Jun 3, 2009 1:44 AM Go to message in response to: hellokitty4ever

Same here...I haven't received any emails regarding that. Wonder if it is true?

luvathena Posts : 929 Registered: 12/10/07
Posted: Jun 3, 2009 2:40 PM Go to message in response to: hellokitty4ever

KITTY!!!!! Where have you been!!!! You missed our So Cal lunch!!! WE MISS YOU!!!

I talked to someone from an attorney's office this week who was seeking info on the posts last year. Bizarre. They can just go online and look at them.

hellokitty4ever Posts : 740 Registered: 6/6/07
Posted: Jun 3, 2009 6:42 PM Go to message in response to: luvathena

Hi LuvAthena,

Awww...I just went back and read about your SoCal meet. I would have loved to meet you ladies. I have been off the boards lately because it's been such a hectic time. As you know, there is so much chaos and turmoil in the field of education. Aside from that, I've been busy with all the restructuring at work and house hunting. It's been a real depressing and daunting experience, but one I will surely learn from. They say now is the time to buy, but it's really not true. The competition among other buyers is really tough. We have put in offers way over asking price (think $30,000-40,000 over) and we still can't get a contract. The problem is investors are buying homes with straight up cash, making it harder for me to compete. Truly, no one should have a second home unless everyone has a home. But enough of that nonsense. I hope everything is going well for you.

If it is true that Electra is suing a company for defamation, then that would be quite ironic. (Cue obnoxious laugh).

Well, as for the rest of you ladies...good luck on your planning and on your big day. It's been over a year since my own wedding. Enjoy every minute, because it really does pass by quickly. :)

Photobucket

4everdestiny Posts : 53 Registered: 3/17/08
Posted: Jun 3, 2009 9:00 PM Go to message in response to: hellokitty4ever

Hello all,

I just checked my e-mail and I got the same message about Electra.. I wonder what thats all about...

For the ladies that are getting married in October~ our weather was perfect!!! We got married mid-October and I could not have asked for better weather. We had an noon wedding and our day was not too hot and not too cold. There was not a cloud in the sky.. Hopefully yours will be the same!

Good luck to all of you that are planning. I know how stressful it can be, but like Kitty said enjoy every minute of your day and all of the preparing.. It only happens once and it really does go by soooo fast!!! =]

Posted: Jun 3, 2009 11:57 PM Go to message in response to: 4everdestiny

Yay for October weddings, haha! I agree that October weather is usually pretty good; my birthday is 5 days after the wedding, and I don't think I've had any really bad weather on that day. Your photos are beautiful by the way!

I would love any advice you ladies can give that have already had your weddings. I love advice from people who have experienced or are experiencing exactly what I am.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine