Stuff you did as a kid...

Online Users: 1,281 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 18

CyclistLover Posts : 1,183 Registered: 7/9/07
Stuff you did as a kid...
Posted: Jun 2, 2009 11:28 PM

For some reason I recently remembered how much I used to love playing frozen tag when I was a youngster. Whoever was "it" had to tag everyone "frozen", once everyone was frozen then the person who was "it" got to pick someone else to be "it".

The problem - any non-frozen person could go thru the legs of a frozen person to unfreeze them.

I used to LOVE that game!!!!

Happiness is your doggy meeting you at the door!

I hope you don't get hit by a city bus Cool

I promise I'll be nicer if you promise you'll be smarter!

imghttp://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wHw3sZn/weight.png[/img]
[/url]

amlewis83 Posts : 22 Registered: 5/11/09
Re: Stuff you did as a kid...
Posted: Jun 3, 2009 12:27 AM Go to message in response to: CyclistLover

I was just thinking the other day of "four square". Does anyone remember that? It is where you take one of those big red balls and 4 people stand in a giant square (that is actually 4 smaller squares connected) and hit the ball back and forth. That's all I really remembe rof it, besides you couldn't hit it out or on a line. We used to play it at recess and on my street, because like 3 cars a day ever went on my street. We'd play for hours. Or how about Mis Mary Mack? The clapping game where you got faster and faster. You never see kids these days keep themselves entertained with stuff like that.

MrsDeLouis Posts : 167 Registered: 11/10/08
Posted: Jun 3, 2009 11:46 AM Go to message in response to: amlewis83

I miss dodgeball. Do they even allow kids to play that in school anymore? That used to be my favorite gym day. The other one I miss is hopscotch. That's one I haven't seen kids play in a long time.

Knoxvegas Posts : 951 Registered: 9/12/07
Posted: Jun 3, 2009 11:54 AM Go to message in response to: MrsDeLouis

Dude, you reminded me of "Ghost in the Graveyard," a variation of tag.

And Red Light, Green Light! That was my favorite!

"Love is not a matter of counting the years -- it's making the years count."

-Wolfman Jack Smith

DoesntPlayNice Posts : 809 Registered: 12/17/08
Posted: Jun 3, 2009 12:53 PM Go to message in response to: Knoxvegas

Oh man...we played tons of games!

Flash light freeze...similar to freeze tag but you play it in the dark and you hide...if you get a light shined on you by "it" you are frozen.

TV Tag...don't remember the exact rules

Jail bait. when you get tagged you go to jail and someone has to release you from jail to get out.

Previously Posted as Military Bride.

CEO of E.N.E.M.A. (Enemy Negotiations & Extraction Military Agency) A special Division of P.O.O.P. (People Offended by Offended People)

When POOP can't do it alone....they call for the ENEMA.

Mrslinnben Posts : 2,285 Registered: 6/4/07
Posted: Jun 3, 2009 1:44 PM Go to message in response to: CyclistLover

OMG...freeze tag, miss mary mack...I remember those...

who remembers the cat's craddle, where you tie the strings around your fingers? who can also forget hide & seek, dodgeball, kickball, simon says...?

"Be Here Now"  Senn Delaney

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Jun 3, 2009 1:54 PM Go to message in response to: Mrslinnben

I grew up in a tiny town on a dead end street, with 7 houses on it in total. My parents still live on that road today and I love going back home to that smalltown. We did all those games when I was a kid,and my brother and I would be outside EVERYDAY in nice weather, from about 10am until mom called us in for dinnertime. None of this sitting in front of the tv all day crap that kids do today. Or the constant texting, computer, xbox, etc etc. We played Atari (giggle) and watched tv, but we had alotted amounts of time on it,and we WANTED to be outside. Mom and dad had to pretty much drag us in for supper.

TV Tag was the big one on our street. Before you tag someone, they have to yell out a TV show. If theycant, they are it. We also played cops and robbers,and we loved squirt guns. We would run around the house and yard chasing each other with them for hours. Another big thing was building forts in teh woods behind the houses. We laso had Big Wheels, and then BMX bikes . I grew up with my brother and all boys on the street, so I played lots of guy type games lol. Indoors, my brother and I would play "cars." this consisted of us dumping his hundreds of matchbox cars on the floor, and then making them move with our hands while making car noises like brrrrrmmmmm brrmmmmmmm and saying things like "Im coming over !" LOL.

We also used to play pickle, wiffle ball, catch, and basketball. We have a hoop in our driveway and we always used to play Around the World.

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com  

See our funny Wedding Wed-isode @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OokYNI91ztU&NR=1

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for standup comedy clips,sketches,and more @ www.youtube.com/kelleyfunnylady

Co-Founder and Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People.

"Children are just like adults, minus the crushing failure." - Stephen Colbert

BriansAzBride Posts : 326 Registered: 12/5/08
Posted: Jun 3, 2009 2:07 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

What about it skip it? I remember before skip it you would use a hoola hoop. My favorite was flag football. That game was so much fun.

I feel like a kid. Pinch me. This kind of love certainly can't be real. Oh wait, it is :)

Bally Posts : 355 Registered: 9/25/08
Posted: Jun 3, 2009 2:19 PM Go to message in response to: CyclistLover

I think we play different games over here but I do remember freeze tag! And capture the flag. We also played conkers, marbles, pog, and rounders!! I still have a conker from my youth all shrivelled up and still on its string! lol

Our family didn't have a tv (no we weren't 'poor' lol) so I never watched shows when I was a kid, we usually were outside in the garden, or the bog or the beach or riding our horses :D

Ahhh I wish I was a kid again :(

Me and my horse velvet :D

Posted: Jun 3, 2009 2:21 PM Go to message in response to: Bally

POGS! I totally forgot about pogs. Those we're the best. I think I still have them in a hallowed out soda can... somewhere...

I feel like a kid. Pinch me. This kind of love certainly can't be real. Oh wait, it is :)

Destiny123 Posts : 519 Registered: 5/5/08
Posted: Jun 3, 2009 2:30 PM Go to message in response to: BriansAzBride

Gorgeous horse Bally!!

I remember Skip it! I loveeeeddddd skip it!!!

I also loved hop scotch, I wasn't that into pogs, 4 square was fun. LOVED miss mary mack!!

My friends and I used to play cards a LOT. On days we couldn't play outside we'd play speed and war. And as a teenager we'd play Phase 10. :) I still love Phase 10.

We used to play Marco Polo in the pool....

Kids in my neighborhood still play outside ALL DAY. I love it. Faith gets to play out there with them when we have time to be out there with her. These kids don't pay attention to cars and such and Faith doesn't watch either, so, we are always out there with her when she's out there. Anyway, the kids in my neighborhood still play hopscotch and ride their bikes and play catch. FH goes out and plays basketball with them, they love it.

Faith's favorite inside activites are I Spy and Paper Rock Scissors. Easy for me, neither involve much thinking or effort, so she can sit on the kitchen counter while I cook and we can play, just like I did with my mom :)

Bally Posts : 355 Registered: 9/25/08
Posted: Jun 3, 2009 2:32 PM Go to message in response to: BriansAzBride

Whoa you guys had pogs?? Thats so cool!! I thought it was just an Irish/British thing!!

Posted: Jun 3, 2009 2:38 PM Go to message in response to: Bally

No pogs were HUGE in the states. Every kid under like 10 owned at least one set. I didn't know they were over there I figured it was a weird enough name for a game it was only here haha

iloveaiden Posts : 49 Registered: 5/27/09
Posted: Jun 3, 2009 3:21 PM Go to message in response to: BriansAzBride

four square... oh and. GARBAGE PAIL KIDS!!!!! i think i'm going to find some garbage pail kids as place card holders or something for all of my guests or at least remake them...
Created by Wedding Favors

iloveaiden Posts : 49 Registered: 5/27/09
Posted: Jun 3, 2009 3:22 PM Go to message in response to: BriansAzBride

oh and fliers up.. i had a lot of brothers. and none of them would play with barbies with me.
Created by Wedding Favors

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine