What got you motivated?

Online Users: 1,302 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1,114

FinallyMrsS Posts : 1,035 Registered: 3/29/08
Re: What got you motivated?
Posted: May 25, 2009 9:13 PM Go to message in response to: MuffinB

Hey guys! Sorry I have been MIA. Things have been super crazy. I have been working alot and into some big time wedding planning(only 103 days to go!) And I was in a car accident last week. Luckily it wasn't a major one and it wasn't my fault. But trying to take care of it has been a pain in the freaking ass! I am planning on jumping into the workouts tomorrow. My goal is to go to bed early so I can wake up for pilates. I really need to get a move on it! My bachelorette party is only 2 1/2 months away. I would really love to be down at least 10 pounds by then. I can do it. I just need to keep up with the workouts. I will try to be back more frequently this week! And respond to everyone then!

wedding website

Sunshine80 Posts : 136 Registered: 8/8/08
Posted: May 26, 2009 4:10 PM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsS

Hi Guys, just checking in after a bit of a break! Sorry about that....there's been a lot going on. I just wanted to pop on and say hello and I haven't forgotten about everyone....I hope everyone is doing well and staying strong, I've had some big ups and downs but am feeling good and truckin along and will be back to post for real at some point soon! I am off to workout....love you girls!

TanisJ Posts : 2,669 Registered: 4/25/07
Posted: May 29, 2009 2:59 PM Go to message in response to: Sunshine80

Come out come out wherever you are! I hope everyone is still getting some workouts in. I am the only one who doesn't have to get into a wedding dress this year so I get to give you a hard time.

The restricted food plan and cardio with the weighted belt which I have nicknamed "12 pounds of calorie burning good times" is really paying off. I took another 1/2 inch off the chest and hips which is the 3rd or 4th week in a row. The foot doctor gave me some insoles for my runners so thats really helping with my foot. This week I did my first pull up ever! Or maybe it was the first since elementary school. At any rate it was definitely the first I have ever done with a womans body. Today I upped my chest press to 130 pounds, yeehah. I had two different women in the gym today compliment me. One said that I had "made incredible progress over the last year" and the other woman told me the last time she saw me was 2 weeks ago and even over that little bit of time she could see I had lost weight. Yay finally its becoming visible! I knew if I kept adjusting and adjusting and adjusting somethig would finally happen. It feels good.

Ashleyanne2010 Posts : 447 Registered: 5/3/08
Posted: May 29, 2009 3:37 PM Go to message in response to: TanisJ

Hello Beautiful Ladies!

Welcome CLJ- hopefully we can help ya out! That is if we all get our butts back on here ;)

I've been MIA because I had finals (I got straight a's this semester!!!) and I've been frantically trying to figure out how to hurl my ass over a 6 foot solid wall before my sheriff test tomorrow... I still haven't figured it out but I am going to keep trying. On a positive note, I went to a practice for the test this week and I beat all the women in every event except for that stupid wall... I am going to talk to the recruiter today to figure out if I should even go tomorrow. We'll see...

I hope you ladies are all doing well- summer is finally here! (well, almost) And on that note, we should be totally proud of all the work we've put in and the progress we've made! I went out and bought a bathing suit for the first time in 5 years and I can't wait to wear it!!!

Like I said, hope you ladies are doing well... Have a great weekend!

iloveaiden Posts : 49 Registered: 5/27/09
Posted: May 29, 2009 5:27 PM Go to message in response to: Ashleyanne2010

hey girls,

just read through this thread since I used to be a personal trainer. I used to fluctuate tons in weight and now I'm pretty set after learning about proper nutrition and a moderate work out routine. Let me know if I can help you ladies out at all!!

madison
Created by Wedding Favors

Posted: May 29, 2009 8:33 PM Go to message in response to: Ashleyanne2010

Ash- Good luck on the test tomorrow! You should definitely go just to do it! Your adreneline pumping will help you over the wall! Let us know how it goes.

Tanis- That is awesome that everything is starting to pay off and people are noticing!!!

I have been incredibly busy. I worked out for an hour and a half today! FH booked our honeymoon to Cancun for ten days! I can't wait! So I have that extra push right now! Tomorrow I am going to my parents house so I can go cake tasting. Yum... And I am also hoping to meet with a florist. I only have three months, but I feel like I have so much left to do!!! Ahhh... Oh well.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
wedding website

ChelsRae85 Posts : 371 Registered: 5/16/09
Posted: May 30, 2009 12:01 PM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsS

I haven't read the thread, yet, but I wanted to comment and say hi to the other Chelsea who posted a few posts up...great name ;P

Also, just wanted to chime in that I too am trying to lose weight for the big day, but i'm afraid since it's so far out that I'll gain it back by the time the wedding rolls around anyway, or I'll wait too long to start dieting. Lose/lose situation. LOL

CamLovesJmw Posts : 49 Registered: 12/3/08
Posted: Jun 1, 2009 1:55 PM Go to message in response to: ChelsRae85

Hi Other Chelsea :)

So ladies i've came to the realization that maybe i should workout more.lol. I don't know what i was thinking only doing 1 workout dvd a day....I bought Turbo Jam, and it has a guide to go by what dvd you should use and when blah blah blah, and so i've only been doing that. But i figured if i get in my turbo jam, plus a leslie sansone dvd then i'll be good to go.lol. I burn major calories when i do the leslie sansone dvd's, I love her.

Anyways i was curious about Calories...Im spuratic about counting my calories, and i've heard from tons of people on-line that when you burn let's say 500 calories, that you should go ahead and then eat back those calories in healthy food. But if you do that would you still lose the weight? My boyfriend says that i shouldn't do that, but i don't know who or what to believe. I'm just curious if anyone has heard anything about that and can give me pointers...

And about the wedding...We changed our date to August, 9th, 2010. It was originally going to be October, 10th, 2010, but we decided that if we're going to get married outside, in a park, that we don't want to take the chances on the weather, so we changed the date.
We also found the park we want to reserve, and it's only going to cost us $100.00 for the whole day! So that's awesome, we just have to wait until January 4th, of 2010, to reserve the park....

Oh and another awesome thing. I had to go buy my Bridesmaid dress for my best friend's wedding coming up in June, and I only spent $14.99 at Ross Dress for less! Can you believe it?! She just wants everyone to wear a black dress, and i figured i was going to have to spend 60 bucks or so, but my lovely boyfriend took me over to Ross after bombing out on 2 other stores, and low and behold i had 4 dresses to choose from (That part was hard because they were all cute and fit really well), so i went to a sleeveless, knee length, knitted type dress. I just can't believe it was 14.99! So we bought some other thing we need for our apartment. Kudo's to my BF, I kept telling him all day yesterday, oh your the best and good call ect.lol.

Anyways i'm going to go workout

Talk to everyone Later

Chelsea

Chelsea and Josh Six years Strong

Edited by: CamLovesJmw on Jun 1, 2009 1:56 PM

kensimzadi Posts : 216 Registered: 7/28/08
Posted: Jun 2, 2009 8:34 PM Go to message in response to: CamLovesJmw

Hey ladies! Just a quick hello to let ya'll know I haven't kicked the bucket!! Been a little hectic, as I'm sure ya'll know what with our weddings right around the corner! I'M SO EXCITED!!!!

Anyway, haven't been working out too much the past couple of weeks, the AC is out in our condo so it's been hot as hell in here....no bueno!! Plus I've been feeling a little light-headed lately, too. BUT, the AC will be fixed fri and back on the dreadmill I go!! Been eating pretty well, tho, so I haven't gained any. Still holding at 168.

Hope ya'll are all well!!!!!!!!!!

Posted: Jun 2, 2009 8:45 PM Go to message in response to: kensimzadi

Hi Kensimzadi,

I know what it's like without AC, we gave our's to his parents because his sister was living out in the garage and it's hot out there, even though they have 6 AC's for the house.lol.

So we have a fan, and i basically do my workout's in the morning, when it's not tooo hot, but i realized today when i was working out that it was 77 degree's! Lol

Chelsea

Posted: Jun 3, 2009 1:06 AM Go to message in response to: CamLovesJmw

Hey guys! So I have been pretty on it lately at the gym! I have a wedding in 95 days and a ten day trip to Cancun in 97 days!! Tonight I skipped the gym because I had to finish my registry. Has anyone registered yet? It is the biggest pain in the ass. I have hated every second of the registry(except the first 5 minutes of it when I was in the store). I actually let my sister register for me at Macys today because I was sooo over it! Anyways, in other wedding news... My sister booked the location for the Bridal Shower. It is going to be at the Cheesecake Factory on July 12. I cant wait! One thing though, FMIL is not coming. She will be out of town that weekend. Is this normal? I thought that the MOG and MOB were supposed to come. One of my friends thinks I should tell her she needs/should be coming. FH says leave it. Thoughts? Oh well....
I am off to bed.
wedding website

Posted: Jun 4, 2009 9:59 PM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsS

Ladies Ladies Ladies!!!

First a wee check in.

Tanis- you get it girl!! That's awesome that you are coming along so well with your fitness goals of the one armed pushup and the pull up, AND that people are noticing the weightloss as those inches come off! So excited for you.

Kens- I am so excited too!!!!! I love that we share the same wedding date. I have been planning lots lately too, but I've been LOVING every minute of it, haven't been stressed at all....I think it's all in the timing and the attitude. Can you post pics of your rings/necklace? I hope your AC is fixed now so you can get back on that treadmill!

FMS- Hang in there girl!! I know things have been crazy, and I think it's wrong that FMIL isn't coming to the shower. It's inconsiderate, and weird. I totally agree with you. But since you can't change it, just focus on your upcoming bach party and your honeymoon in Cancun!! So exciting!

Ash- How did the test go sweetie? You wouldn't catch me dead trying to jump over a 6 foot wall, and I'm 6 feet tall!! I am, as usual, very impressed with you :)

New girls, welcome and good job on getting motivated!!! Since your dates are farther off, just remember, starting early saves you a lot of stress in the long run. I started my weight loss effort about 15 months before my wedding date, and that has worked really well for me. I wanted to knock off the first big chunk before dress shopping, which I did 9 months before my date, so in other words I had 6 months to lose the first chunk of weight and that really helped. Then, I have pretty much maintained since then (that was late January) and I am now in the process of losing the last 10 lbs I want to lose (or trying to!) before my wedding in September. I have my first dress fitting in July, so I want to be most of the way there by then, but we'll see. My point is, stagger it out and give yourself time....weight loss under pressure doesn't work in the long run.

Well Ladies, this is what's been going on with me......ups and downs within a few pounds here or there, but mostly maintaining. I am weighing in tomorrow and hoping for a loss, I've been pretty on it this past week with working out a lot and making good choices. I've been doing LOTS of wedding planning as my date gets closer (yay Kens!!) and also lots of social stuff....we went to a wedding in Nashville a few weeks ago that was super fun. I don't have a gym membership right now, my temporary one at the new gym just ended and I can't really afford to re-up it until after we get back from Ireland. So this week and last week I''ve been going a lot of working out outside; basically long speedwalks, which is my favorite thing anyway. We're going to Ireland next Friday for 8 days to visit FH's family and friends, and to attend another wedding over there! Lots of weddings! I haven't been back there in years, and it's where FH and I met, so this is going to be a really special trip.

Well that's it ladies, I have my first dress fitting July 10th (yay!!) so I am really trying to be on target until then, because I don't want them to have to do a lot of work at the second fitting. When I bought the dress, I told them I had lost 25 pounds and wanted to lose about 5-10 more, and they said to try to lose the weight I wanted to lose BEFORE the first fitting, so then they can make the adjustments and the 2nd fitting is more about tweaking, rather than having to take it in all over again. So we will see!! I would like to at least be a few pounds less than I was when I bought the dress, but I am ok with anywhere between 3-5 lbs. Right now I am a tiny bit above where I was when I bought the dress, which was my lowest weight, but only a few pounds (my weigh in tomorrow will show!), and I am already in the process of taking it off so no worries. I will keep you guys updated!

In other wedding news, we are now done with: photographer, band, catering, menu choices, flowers, cake, rentals (linens, glasses, and chairs), dress, shoes, bridesmaids dresses, and tomorrow I meet with a custom jeweler to talk about making me a custom pair of earrings, which will be a gift from my parents. SO exciting and I am feeling so accomplished and on target with getting everything done! It's a good feeling :)

Love you all!!!

Posted: Jun 5, 2009 9:25 AM Go to message in response to: Sunshine80

Morning ladies!!! Just a check in after my long post last night, here to weigh in! I am DOWN 4 pounds this week!!! I am psyched. I worked out a lot and ate well. For last week's weigh in I was on my period and had had an indulgent holiday weekend the weekend before, so I knew the number would be higher. I am glad I turned it around this week! So I am getting there, and I am shooting for 8 more pounds by July 10th (my first dress fitting). That's 5 weeks away, so I feel I can do it! I'd love to be down 10 more lbs by then, but I don't want to pressure myself to have to lose 2 lbs every week because I know it's gonna slow down as I get nearer to my goal. I'd be thrilled with 8 lbs though, so that's my goal!!! The biggest challenge will be our 8 day long vacation in Ireland, which will be a lot of drinking of course....but I also tend to eat less over there and we walk EVERYWHERE, so I know it will be fine! I am excited about the progress!!

Posted: Jun 8, 2009 2:40 PM Go to message in response to: Sunshine80

Hi ladies thought i would check in, I'm down 2.4 lbs. This week, it's awesome...

Chelsea

Posted: Jun 11, 2009 11:53 PM Go to message in response to: Sunshine80

Hey guys! Everything has been so crazy lately. I just wanted to stop by to let you all know I have been thinking about you. Holy crap I only have 87 days until I am getting married! Well 86 basically now! I have so much to do! And I still have some weight to lose! Ahhh....

On a good note... When I first went dress shopping, I was a size 16 in wedding gowns. Yesterday I went to davids bridal to try on a BM dress for my friends wedding. I took a 14 and 12. The lady told me they run small and the 14 would probably fit perfect. Well in her freaking bitchy face, the 14 was way too big, so I put on the 12 and it fit way better! And if I lose any weight I will probably need a 10. =)
wedding website

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine