Pink, Black & White for June Wedding????

Online Users: 1,273 guest(s), 2 user(s). Replies: 8

liza369 Posts : 22 Registered: 1/26/09
Pink, Black & White for June Wedding????
Posted: Jun 1, 2009 1:14 AM

So me and my fiancee really love the pink, black & white color scheme idea for our june wedding next year but yet all our family has said black is for funerals!! I will be wearing white and we are debating on what color we should go for the bridesmaid dresses either pink or black...If we go with black dresses we are doing pink bouquets, if we go with pink we might do pink and white or something for the bouquets. What color of dress should I go with?? Also if I go with the pink dresses how can I encorporate black into the bridesmaids...The groosmen will be wear black tuxs.

Edited by: liza369 on Jun 1, 2009 1:14 AM

julia1818 Posts : 26 Registered: 2/17/09
Re: Pink, Black & White for June Wedding????
Posted: Jun 1, 2009 2:30 AM Go to message in response to: liza369

That sounds really pretty =) for incorporating black into it, you could do something like this...

large_image3.jpg picture by bebronzed

Except for you could do pink dresses with the black lace. I think that'd look really pretty and unique =) i'm actually doing a similar color scheme for my july wedding. My colors are platinum, red, and black (and of course i'll be in white). The above dresses are the ones I want for my bridesmaid dresses. So they'll be platinum with black lace and then the red bouquets.

Good luck with the planning!

-Julia

deansbride Posts : 220 Registered: 3/24/08
Posted: Jun 1, 2009 7:37 AM Go to message in response to: liza369

Those are my exact colors for my wedding this June! It is working out really well, the colors look so good together. We let all the girls pick their own black dresses and we are having pink gerber daises with the black centers for their flowers. I am also incorporating pink with their jewelry. Since it is less formal outdoor wedding the groomsmen are all wearing black dress shirts and pants with pink ties.

If you worried about the black maybe do the opposite of what I am doing. Black is kind of our main color with accents of pink and white, instead do pink as your main color with accents of black. Pick a pink dress and then have pink flowers tied with black ribbon and black jewelry.

Remember it is your wedding! I got some of that "funeral talk" from a couple people in our family, but our vendors all loved the idea and once my family saw many of our choices they were at ease with the whole thing.

"When you are in Love you can't fall asleep because reality is better than your dreams."

-Dr Seuss

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Jun 1, 2009 9:40 AM Go to message in response to: liza369

Dear Liza,

Black does not look funeral if combined with another color. For example, a black and white plaid dress, accessorized with bright red earrings, necklace, bracelet and shoes does not at all look like a funeral.

One thinks of flowers for a spring or summer wedding. Why not look into black and white flower print dresses, accessorized with pink?

Elizabeth40245 Posts : 59 Registered: 5/11/09
Posted: Jun 1, 2009 12:14 PM Go to message in response to: liza369

I LOVE black bridesmaid dresses all year. I just think they look very elegant and streamlined. I just attended a wedding in April with black bridesmaid dresses, and it was stunning.

ChelsRae85 Posts : 371 Registered: 5/16/09
Posted: Jun 1, 2009 2:15 PM Go to message in response to: Elizabeth40245

I don't like the idea of plain black dresses. However AOTB has the right idea with doing a floral print or maybe just two or all three of your colors on the dresses. Some inspiration:

I really like the idea of getting a black and white printed dress and adding a pink rosette pin somewhere, like the waist or bustline. You can get plain fabric rosette pins at any craft store for a few bucks, in the wedding section, and they're very popular right now! Like this:

CaribbeanBride08 Posts : 1,474 Registered: 6/13/07
Posted: Jun 1, 2009 2:56 PM Go to message in response to: liza369

I'll be attending a wedding next month (July) that is pink & black. BMs dresses will be black with pink sashes and MOH dress will be pink with black sash. I was with them at Davids Bridal when they tried them on and they looked great. I love the color combination.

Oh, and the bride is wearing white and the men will be in black tuxes.

Member and Co-Founder of POOP:   "People Offended by Offended People"

Photobucket 

Destiny123 Posts : 519 Registered: 5/5/08
Posted: Jun 1, 2009 4:31 PM Go to message in response to: CaribbeanBride08

I'm getting married this month and our colors are pink black and white.

The men (and boys) will wear black tuxes (pink vests and black ties)
The groom will wear a black tux and pink vest and pink tie

The girls are wearing black dresses with pink sashes. They are here:
http://www.jasminebridal.com/J_2_1_1_1.aspx?sqno=JPN2008092510343&j_style_no=STYL20080821001&j_line_no=LINE20080821003&j_line_season=B&forb=f
Sorry, couldn't post a pic. The pink color is the peony option.

The men will have white rose bouttonierres (sp?) except for FH who will have pink
The BMs will have white bouquets with one pink rose in the middle. The bouquets will be tied with black ribbon

I've only gotten one comment about using black in our wedding. It was from a man at work who just moved here from another country and he said "is this like, ummm, a goth wedding?" No, actually, the colors are quite popular here. I just laughed it off, and so should you!

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Jun 1, 2009 5:16 PM Go to message in response to: ChelsRae85

Dear Chels,

We are of one mind. Those examples you put in your message are great.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine