Pronovias Dresses

Online Users: 1,270 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 13
Pronovias Dresses
Posted: Nov 27, 2006 6:10 PM

Hey Ladies!

I found the dress I (think) I want for my wedding, it's the Oliaje from the 2007 Dream collection.

What I wonder is have any of you tried on these dresses (any by designer) and what is the average price range for a dress of this calibur? I am in love and will most likely splurge for this gown, but it's be nice to know anyone else's experience because I haven't been able to try on this dress before.

Thanks for any suggestions or help!

Ciao!

George's Gal...forever!! Kiss

Re: Pronovias Dresses
Posted: Nov 27, 2006 10:44 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

You spelled the name wrong. It's Oleaje. I looked it up on Google. The dress is less than $800.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&rls=com.netscape%3Aen-US&q=+Pronovias+gown+Oleaje&btnG=Search 

LizS Posts : 1,982 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Nov 28, 2006 10:37 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Not sure about Provonias dresses.  Judd Waddell, Amsale, Kenneth Pool, Reem Acra, etc. start around $2500 and increase from there.  Average is $3000- $5000.

Posted: Dec 4, 2006 2:30 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I think you would be very happy with a Pronovias gown... I absoulutely love them!  They are VERY flattering!

Posted: Mar 4, 2007 12:35 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hi,

Brand new bride on the seen.  I usually don't write on message broards, but I saw your message and felt I had to respond.  Just today I went for my second look to view wedding gowns.  The first one I chose was an absolutely gorgeous wedding coture gown by Eve of Milady it 4,500!  I was considering it but my fiance and I talked about it and decided it was a little out of our price range for a dress you're going to wear one day!  So I went to day and tried on about 8 more dresses, all very well know designer names such as Eve of Milday, Monique Lulliher, Pronovias,  and Maggie Sottero.  Af ter I tried on all 8 dresses or so I had not the "the one"  the indiv. I worked wit*h who helped me with the dresses knew "exactly what I was looking for from my first viewing with her and after I tried on all 8 dresses she cam in with two more that she picked out herself and that I had not seen.  I told her I was looking for a very soft, romantic with a a bit of classic charm and not over done with jewels.  She brough in two dresses and one of those dresses were the "Oleajie) I may have spelled this wrong.  But just let me tell you it was the most amazing dress I had tried on even gowns that I had tried on up to 9,000! and this dress is priced at alittle under 2,000!  I glowed in the dress as soon as I put it on and received several wow factors from strangers who just happened to be looking for gowns as well.  i have decide to wear a spanish veil w/ delicate lace trimming on the edegs.  It goes so beautifully witht he gown.  This dress is absolutely amazing and angelic like wh6ere its not over jeweled or , an over abundance of tafeta, sil and beading.  It almost seems like there are tiny swarovski crystals woven through the dress and when light hits any part of the dress, you ar eesimply going to be almost like a ray of light like an angel.  it is that beautiful.  Now this is just my opinion.  I jsut wanted you to know I actully had this dress on and did not want to take it off!  I wanted to wear it home oh and by the way you want to wear just a small crenalin not a bushy one because it will make the dress to stiff in the hip area...  Well I know I have certainly made my mind up and could not be happier!  The other good thing about this gown is its not heavy at all and the train on the dress is just as gorgeous as the front, now how often do you find that????

Anyway, I wish you the best of luck in finding your dream gown and I beliive the Pronovia collection "Dream" is very very romantic and sensal with an angelic like presence!  

Good luck and congratulations!!!

Posted: Mar 7, 2007 12:15 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I tried on the "Oleaje" dress today as well and it was so beautiful. I went to try on the "Enebro" but they didn't have it. So I went back and forth on the Oleaje becuase I didn't want the bottom so large since i'm getting married on the beach but everything else was so perfect. The pictures don't do it any justice, I don't like the dress in the pictures on the web site. It is also very forgiving! and a great price for a dress thats made in Spain, they quoted me $1250. I so go for it and try it on

Posted: Mar 7, 2007 2:34 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I recently ordered the Ladera which is also in the Dreams collection. I just looked at the Oleaje and it is stunning. I too fell in love with Pronovias after looking at their website, and when I saw the Ladera, I was like, "that is perfect." Who would have thought it would be the one that looked best on me when I tried on dresses??? It was like it was meant to be.

We ended up paying somewhere between $1250 and 1400 for the dress, though i think it was only $1250. I think they did the whole, "it costs 1400, but if you put down 50% or more, we will give you 10% off" thing. Just be frank and say, I know of another girl who paid $1250 for it. (see post above) They will probably knock it down.

But, when I heard the price, i was thrilled because I just assumed it was WAY out of my price range. Not that it isn't still "expensive", but I was lucky enough that my mom was willing to do it, even though I offered to pay some. The thing that blindsided me though was the fact that my veil cost like $400. It is just some long plain thing, not from Pronovias. But it's still beautiful.

As for the fit, I like 5'1", and I feel like dresses that are cut below the bust or at the small of the waist then flare out make me look like a little kid because I'm so short, so I adore the tightness throughout. The material on mine is sort of thick and layered, so it is forgiving in the stomach area. I was very impressed. Their dresses are definitely not the kind that you have to be built like the model for it to look good on you!

Best of luck!

ps---I may be selling my dress in July, if anyone is interested let me know! Size 2 or 4

Posted: Mar 20, 2007 12:40 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I just purchased Oleaje on Saturday.  I had tried on 50 dresses to no avail and was starting to think I wouldn't find The One, but I knew as soon as I put on the Oleaje it was the one I had been looking for.  I purchased it in diamond white.  The dress has a beautiful airy feeling to it.  

Pricewise, from what I've found online, it seems to range from $1,000 to almost $2,000 dependiing on where you live.  I bought my dress in northeastern PA and only paid $1,030 (although my veil was also quite pricey).  I know there are some websites online selliing it for closer to $800, but I was willing to pay the extra $200 in order to ease my mind.

Good luck!

Posted: Mar 21, 2007 11:08 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I also love the Pronovias line. I liked everything I saw when I was looking at the website, but the rest of the time I was telling people II wanted something very without any embellishment and with clean, smooth lines. My Mom told me me 2 ideas were conflicting, that even though Pronovias had those elegant, romantic lines, they all had lots of tasteful embellishment. Then I found the Lieja. It is EXACTLY what I wanted (Dreams collection). It is even available in light gold (much better for my complexion than white). Oh ladies, congrats to you for your fabulous taste...lol.  I'm ordering mine this week!

Posted: Nov 20, 2007 1:44 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

hi gill4500's,

I am very interested in your dress that you have for sale if it is still available.

If you could let me know sooon as possible

Posted: Nov 21, 2007 12:48 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I saw your post and had to reply (normally I just read them!)  I tried on 6 pronovias dresses and two by some other designers and there was absolutely no comparison.  All the dresses were too big for me (they were all store sample size) but the pronovias dresses even looked good just clipped together to "give me an idea" of how they would look after alterations...  I ended up deciding on one called the Ideal, and paid about $900 for it.  here is the picture.  It is the most slimming dress I have ever seen (never a bad thing after all the cake tastings) and the panels of lace have tiny little iridescent beads in them that sparkle in the light... sometimes I wonder if I am more in love with my dress than my FH.  (blasphemy!)pronovias ideal

CaliJen Posts : 1 Registered: 3/27/08
Posted: Mar 27, 2008 3:39 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Can you please give me the info for the store you purchased the Ideal Pronovias for $900.  That's a good deal.  Also are you selling your dress?  Thank you

SBMOB Posts : 1 Registered: 5/20/09
Posted: May 29, 2009 5:47 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hi!! I'll also like to know where I can buy the Pronovias Ideal dress. I fell in love with that dress and my wedding is in November 2009. Please send me the store reference (or if you know someone is selling it) to my e-mail: solmi48@gmail.com.

Thanks,

Sol
The Bride to be :)

November22Bride Posts : 397 Registered: 1/8/08
Posted: May 29, 2009 6:04 PM Go to message in response to: SBMOB

you can try contacting Laura at ladys and gents in california her email is lwageman@yahoo.com i got a supper good deal on my dress it was just under $1000

Knowland0015.jpg picture by xoxoprettyinpink18

My bio- http://prettyinpink120.googlepages.com/home

for sale bio- http://prettyinpink120.googlepages.com/salebio

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine