October 2010 Brides

Online Users: 1,326 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1,708

Samanthaswedding Posts : 25 Registered: 4/7/09
Re: October 2010 Brides
Posted: May 29, 2009 12:15 PM Go to message in response to: MrsDeLouis

Thanks for the tip. I did find a few Maggie dresses that I really like, so I may end up going with one of those. I want to get rid of a few extra pounds before I go dress shopping though, that way I can get a better idea of what will look good on me on the big day. Anyone else wedding dieting, and if so, what are your tricks?

Soon2BMrsCollins Posts : 54 Registered: 12/17/08
Posted: May 29, 2009 1:26 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

So I'm officially $6K over budget. LOL! My FH is surprisingly understanding. I am in the process of putting together a play list for the DJ. Oh and I bought a reception dress this weekend. I tried on a beautiful Kenneth Poole wedding gown, but it was waaaaay out of my budget ($6700). I felt bad because my mom and my FH's mom absolutely loved it. Has I seen the price initially, I would have never put the dress on.

I still have not found a day of planner, but considering how over budget I am I think I pass on that for now. I realized we are going to ahve to book our venue for an extra hour which is an addition $450.

I'm hoping that by the summer I will be to the point where all we have do is make payments.

How are your plans going?
Visit Our Wedding Website: www.tiffaniandreco.com

Ellle Posts : 8 Registered: 5/1/09
Posted: May 29, 2009 3:07 PM Go to message in response to: Soon2BMrsCollins

WOW! There are so many 10.10.10 brides! I love it!
The only thing I have set in stone is my venue...a beautiful country club. I have also chosen my photographer, and invitations. I am getting so overwhelmed with the amount of planning that lies ahead! I feel like there is so much to do and its scattered all over the place! How do you all keep it organized? Im realy worried about my reception decorations. My fiance and I have too many ideas to fit into one room. How did you make final decisions?? Gosh I wish I could afford a wedding planner!

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: May 29, 2009 9:17 PM Go to message in response to: Ellle

Yay for all the 10-10-10 brides!! To answer your question I pretty much just focus on one thing at a time. First it was the venue. Then once I got that out of the way I focused on the DJ. Once the Dj was booked I focused on the photographer. My next step is the dress lol. After that the little things like flowers and limo. Sometime it helps to make a list and once you finish doing something just check it off.

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

Bailey2Be Posts : 56 Registered: 4/26/09
Posted: May 29, 2009 9:44 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

I want to have candy apples (fancy chocolate covered apples) for my wedding favors. I've looked around online and I haven't been able to find anything with a reasonable price. Has anyone seen candy apples in local candy/specialty shops in CT?

Toast Posts : 480 Registered: 9/10/08
Posted: May 30, 2009 10:31 AM Go to message in response to: Bailey2Be

like Cheetah said, just do one thing at a time. I would first focus on the venue. Lots of venues will have things included, like a wedding cake, somethimes a dj, so i would first decide on that and see what comes with it. Then, take it one vendor at a time. Do it based on your preference....for me, the next most important thing other than the venue, was a photographer. so, i booked that next. Then it was florist and dj, then limo, etc. Just take it one vendor at a time. Also, lots of reception venues can recommend other vendors, so it is really helpful to go see some venues first. Also, your venue will help dictate what kinds of services you need. For example, I am getting married in the sunken garden of my venue, and my venue provides table centerpieces, so that saves me on a florsit.

If you register at JcPenney they will give you a nice wedding planning binder. Check it out online....I think you need to have 10 items in your wedding registry with JcPenney, and then print out the list and bring it in to show them. Actually, they did not even look at my list. But you get a nice planning binder, a free engagement portrait session, etc.

Posted: May 30, 2009 10:33 AM Go to message in response to: Toast

as far as candy apples go....why dont you just make them yourself? Im sure you could make them for really cheap, and it would be a fun thing to do with your bridesmaids! You could practice some this fall, and then you will have a better idea of if you want to bother with it or not.

I actually have never really had a chocolate covered apple. I always see caramel covered ones, or the "true" candy apple that has that red candy coating on them.

But, if you did them yourself, you could make a nice mix of chocolate, caramel, and the red candy shell. You could also add nuts to some, or chocolate drizzle to others. It could be a lot of fun!

MrsDeLouis Posts : 167 Registered: 11/10/08
Posted: May 31, 2009 6:22 PM Go to message in response to: Ellle

As far as keeping everything organized, I'm one of those spreadsheet/ computer brides. I have a memory stick that is specifically for my wedding with my spreadsheets on it. I have one for all the reception venues that I've looked at where all I have to do is change the head count and it figures the costs, to compare photographers, and so on. I also have lists of questions for each vendor typed up as well as ideas. I keep the memory stick with me all the time so even at work, if I think of something new, I just pull it out, type my idea down and go on about my day. I also bought a planner at Barnes and Noble which is really nice. It has tons of questions to ask vendors as well as tips for budget and time savers and little pockets to keep paper.

So it's been an eventful weekend of planning here. As a spur of the moment decision, my mom wanted to see this dress I've been talking about and it just happened that the bridal salon had an opening. So Saturday I got to try on my dress for the first time. Happily, it does look as good on as it does in pictures! I have pics in my album. I just absolutely love it. I've also nailed down the reception venue and am hoping to get back up there and put the deposit on it within the week.

Posted: Jun 1, 2009 11:19 AM Go to message in response to: Samanthaswedding

SOOOO irritated at the fh!!! We were supposed to go ring shopping Sunday and he had me all excited because he planned it out to be really special and romantic. He was going to take me to breakfast at a new restaurant we've been wanting to try and then spend the day looking at rings and hanging out just us and then going to dinner with my family. Well, Sunday morning rolls around and he rolls out of bed and decides he's not hungry so wants to skip breakfast, which is slightly irritating but I can handle that. Then, as I'm getting ready to go shopping he walks into the bedroom in his swimsuit! I ask if that's what he is planning on wearing to the jewelry stores and he tells me " it's Sunday, Let's just lay by the pool all day and have drinks. We can ring shop anyday this week." I was sooo mad that I cried! Then when I calmed down and decided I would join him at the pool he ditched me to go inside after about ten minutes! We have never really been the arguing type, but I am really mad at him! Any opinions? Any irritating wedding experiences with the fh?

Posted: Jun 1, 2009 12:25 PM Go to message in response to: Samanthaswedding

Samatha, has your fh acted like this before? Have you guys made plans before and then he changes his mind? If he hasn't done that before then maybe he is hiding something. Maybe he got the ring already and wants to surprise you. I'm, not trying to get you all excited lol but it seems weird that you two planned on spending the day together to look for rings and then at the last minute he changed his mind. If he doesn't have the ring then I have nooo idea why he would act that way. Was he tired? Has he had a rough week at work that all he wants to do is lay outside? I would wait a few days and mention to him that you really want to get the ring and have him set a date to go (fairly soon).

Posted: Jun 1, 2009 12:37 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

No! He never acts like that! That's part of the reason it made me so mad. I don't think he got the ring yet because I originally wanted it to be a surprise but he insisted I go with him to make sure I get what I want. I think you are probably right about the stress thing though. He has had to spend alot of time with my family lately and since I have five sisters an aunt and a grandma and only to males that usually attend family functions, he has been pretty overwhelmed with all the wedding talk. I probs need to give him a break, but I'm just sooo not used to him acting like that. Thanks for the reply :)

Posted: Jun 2, 2009 8:43 AM Go to message in response to: Samanthaswedding

Maybe he needs a guys night out with his buddies :-p

Posted: Jun 4, 2009 4:53 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

hey ladies!
anyone get any other details hammered out yet?
I just sent in the deposit for my florist and live musicians for my ceremony and cocktail hour. We are having a trio with a violin, flute and cello!

hows everyone else doing?

Posted: Jun 4, 2009 9:50 PM Go to message in response to: Toast

hey bailey2b...
i found this website where you can order caramel and candy apples! they were about $1.20 each!

http://www.daffyapple.com/c-4-wedding-favors.aspx

MrsDeLouis Posts : 167 Registered: 11/10/08
Posted: Jun 5, 2009 7:48 AM Go to message in response to: Toast

Hi everyone. Reception venue can be taken off the checklist. So that's one big ticket thing out of the way. I'm moving onto a photographer next. I had met one at a bridal show a few months ago and he'll be at one I'm going to this Sunday so I'm going to see if he still has my date available. I really like his work and his price is right in my budget. Thankfully, I didn't make the dj mistake I was talking about in another post so I'm still searching for that. It also look like mom and I may have gotten out of doing the flowers ourselves too! The coordinator of my venue recommended a florist who will do wedding flowers, real flowers mind you for about $300. She actually did my prom flowers back in high school and went out of business but now works at a Giant Eagle. But since she was a professional florist for many years.... She also did the flowers for the coordinators own wedding and she sends a lot of business her way. Hell, I don't think I could do silks DIY for that amount. It was an eventful week.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine