Gift grab.

Online Users: 1,246 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 2

Gaby0 Posts : 45 Registered: 5/25/09
Gift grab.
Posted: May 28, 2009 9:57 PM

My friend email me and told me about someone who she has not seen and they are not friends who send send her a invitation for her wedding and in the invitation it said that they did not want any gifts but if they wanted to give something they could give money.

"Money" is a gift and gifts are not obligatory.

I got invited 2 years ago to a friends friend baby shower, I said that I was sorry but I could not go because I had other plans and her reply was You can just send the gift or do you want me to pick it up?. I was planning on getting her a gift card of some department store but aftet this I decided not to get her anything/

I understand that everyone loves gifts, including me. But why do people are under the impression that gifts are obligatory , is nice when someone gives you one but is not their obligation.
Some people Showers and Birthdays are gift grab .Usually people give gifts but that does not mean that they have too.

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Re: Gift grab.
Posted: May 28, 2009 11:33 PM Go to message in response to: Gaby0

dear Gaby,

People are greedy.

They don't mind shaking down people they see rarely. If the person coughs up the dough, great, that's money in their pocket. If the person takes offense and gives nothing, they haven't lost anything.

They haven't lost a friend, because the friend was distant to begin with.

Just ignore them.

swichwang34 Posts : 657 Registered: 9/13/12
Re: Gift grab.
Posted: Sep 14, 2012 1:20 AM Go to message in response to: Gaby0

Pronovias Wedding Dress Starting form 229.95USD
Click Here: http://www.bestbridalprices.us/designer-bridal-collections-pronovias-c-420_473.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine