Any ideas???

Online Users: 1,283 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 8

Taffee85 Posts : 18 Registered: 4/1/09
Any ideas???
Posted: May 20, 2009 3:18 PM

So I am doing my wedding outside in July, which will be pretty hot. I am having a hard time finding out what kind of decor to do. My colors are chocolate brown, lavender, and accents of lime green. I don't like to be trendy and do what EVERYONE does, and I think that is why I am having a hard time figuring out what kind of decor to do .lf anyone has any ideas I would be appreciative. Thanks so much

RACR Posts : 52 Registered: 3/18/08
Re: Any ideas???
Posted: May 20, 2009 3:51 PM Go to message in response to: Taffee85

I like the color choices, especially for outside! Lavendar and green are grape colors, if you like wine it would be pretty to do a wine type theme - flowers in wine bottles as vases, grapes as centerpieces, vines around the chairs or somehow along the aisle...

AmandaStellinaE... Posts : 4 Registered: 5/5/09
Posted: May 20, 2009 5:52 PM Go to message in response to: RACR

I agree that going with a vineyard theme - wine, grapes, olives works really well with your color scheme. You could have low wide silver bowls on the table full of grapes and other purple and green fruits and leaves, put all wine to be served on the tables in clear decanters so that guests can see the dark red/purple of the wine,and then use tall brown branches in glass vases on the floor to add to the ambience.

Is your wedding taking place outdoors? Is it a rustic location because that would fit the color scheme perfectly!

If the event is indoors in a large space then by filling the room with tall branches in vases, it will give the illusion of being outside - you could create your own little vineyard-like wonderland. Very chic with a rustic feel...

For more design ideas and planning help, check out my wedding blog at:
http://stellinaevents.blogspot.com/

Hope this helps!
Amanda

myra Posts : 5,550 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: May 20, 2009 8:42 PM Go to message in response to: Taffee85

Whatever you do, think about sheltering your guests from the heat. No matter how beautifully you decorate, your guests will be miserable if they are sweating or burning under the sun. You could do a tent, open or closed, depending on the weather. I actually have seen tents in green and white stripes--that could be pretty with your color scheme, and the tent itself can be a decorative item (e.g. wrap the poles in greenery, hang lanterns inside, etc..
myra at www.classysassyweddings.com

MrsRicecake Posts : 700 Registered: 2/2/08
Posted: May 23, 2009 10:10 PM Go to message in response to: myra

I totally agree with Myra. You have to make sure your guests are comfortable. As favors you could do fold out fans, you can find them all over the web and a lot of times they can be personalized. I love the lantern idea inside the tent. Very chic!

Formerly FMR2008 

Married Since December 27, 2008!

Taffee85 Posts : 18 Registered: 4/1/09
Posted: May 26, 2009 12:50 PM Go to message in response to: MrsRicecake

Thank you all for your ideas!!! I am getting a tent for the outside so nobody gets sick of heat stroke, that would not be fun. I love all your ideas and hope to hear more

ChelsRae85 Posts : 371 Registered: 5/16/09
Posted: May 26, 2009 3:32 PM Go to message in response to: Taffee85

Another idea:

Go with a lavender flower theme and do these tossing buds:

http://kenziekate.blogspot.com/2008/01/jenny-ebert-lavender-cones.html

Throw in more natural elements, like grapevine balls and lots of greenery. It could look really classy and elegant, but not overdone.

swichwang34 Posts : 657 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 13, 2012 8:50 PM Go to message in response to: Taffee85

Save up to 22% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $218.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/ball-gown-strapless-ruffles-organza-wedding-dress-style-giselle-p-33756.html

Kimberly212 Posts : 972 Registered: 9/12/12
Posted: Sep 27, 2012 5:44 PM Go to message in response to: Taffee85

A-line White One Long Sleeve Open Back Knee-length Prom Dress With Applique
Save up to 24% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $98.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-white-one-long-sleeve-open-back-kneelength-prom-dress-with-applique-p-32118.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine