Ideas Needed for Fall 2011 Wedding

Online Users: 1,279 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 16

CJandJC Posts : 5 Registered: 11/15/08
Ideas Needed for Fall 2011 Wedding
Posted: May 4, 2009 1:32 AM

Hi Everyone.

I'm new to these forums so I'd appreciate any help offered
I'm getting married of 9-10-11 in Massachusetts. Is anyone else planning their September 2011wedding day? Suggestions would also be help for any fall 2009 & 2010 brides who are further in their wedding process.

I'd love to hear any suggestions on color themes, unique ideas people are considering to make their reception personalized - I;ve heard of guest books that have actual pages to fill out qith questions like hoe you know the couple and memories of them We;d like something more than guests just signing a book, Any ideas or suggested wed site.

Still tossing around color schemes especially since we live in western Massachusetts where the foliage is superb but the 2nd week of September is a little too early for a leaf or pumpkin theme.

I'd love to chat with all who are learning things as we go along

The wedding is going to be a church wedding & formal evening reception. I'm still tossing around color schemes but shimmery gold is definitely planned for the reception look . Does anyone have ideas for other additional combinations.

Edited by: CJandJC on May 6, 2009 1:53 AM

myra Posts : 5,550 Registered: 3/28/06
Re: Ideas Needed for Fall 2011 Wedding
Posted: May 4, 2009 1:55 PM Go to message in response to: CJandJC

Start looking at magazines and websites like this one for pictures and ideas. For us to give advice, lots more info is needed (e.g. is this a more budget affair or do you have a large budget?) I can send you many idea pictures if you contact me through my website. But, be prepared to answer questions about your venue(s), style (contemporary, traditional, etc.), etc., to get the most specific help.
myra at www.classysassyweddings.com

jkbride Posts : 19 Registered: 2/11/09
Posted: May 16, 2009 12:34 AM Go to message in response to: CJandJC

There are lots of article & pictures on websites. Try google it by typing "Wedding Color Schemes for Fall Weddings". You have plenty of time to plan for your wedding, you can start reading wedding magazines, wedding website and get the idea of what kind of theme you like :)

Personally, I will suggest gold & brown color for the fall wedding. As you are going to have a formal reception. Gold color is very classic & elegant while brown is an ideal neutral color that plays perfectly off the richness of gold.

HTH. Happy Planning :)

jkbride

www.myweddingconcept.com

teamdrenning Posts : 3 Registered: 12/11/08
Posted: May 26, 2009 7:31 PM Go to message in response to: CJandJC

This is my date as well. My fiance and I booked our ceremony and reception site already! (My mom said that when 7-7-07 came around, people had booked venues before they were even engaged, so we wanted to jump on it fast!) We are getting married in a historic mansion in Columbus, OH. Our color plan at this point is navy blue, grey, and plum. (I originally wanted to have a chocolate brown, ivory, and green wedding, however my fiance did not want a brown wedding!) I plan on doing simple flowers with branches and berries for bouquets and centerpieces. We are also planning to use lots of candles since we will be having an evening reception, starting at 6:30 p.m.

CJandJC Posts : 5 Registered: 11/15/08
Posted: Jun 4, 2009 2:18 AM Go to message in response to: teamdrenning

That is so great we have the same date. We also booked our venue, church, dj , florist and photographer . At first it seemed too early but my mom also said the dates like 7-7-07, 8-8-08 & 10-10-10 booked or are booked so far in advance that couples had to change dates or take their 3rd, 4th and even further so I'm glad we have the basics all covered & can take the time to fill in the details. Today we even went to a couple of hotels for booking a block of room for guests. Checked out lots of rooms to get ideas of what is out there & to see what extras they provide. Biggest concern is guest no driving after reception and also, we're having the after wedding party back in the rooms too.

Your colors sound lovely too,.navy seems to be very popular. Our venue and another one we considered encouraged us to come Saturday mornings to view different decor and table arrangements. That should keep us busy! I know I'll be tweaking my colors - gold & ivory are definites but I want the shimmer factor in there too. I think I've watched every bride show on TV and Platinum wedding give me loads of ideas 'without the budget' Wedded to Perfection" had some really cool centerpiece ideas using 'mirror boxes' - except there doesnt seem to be a vendor with those exact ones.

I'm going to post another question on the pro & cons of a videographer. Any thoughts on this - we keep swaying back & forth on this additional cost & if we go with one - what do we really want taped - nothing cheesy about asking each person to say 'Hi' (ugh)

330Bride Posts : 1 Registered: 1/17/10
Posted: Jan 17, 2010 4:01 PM Go to message in response to: CJandJC

Hello, I'm also getting married on 09-10-2011. I have a little over a year and 7 months but after watching shows like Bridezilla and Platinum Weddings I have come to the conclusion that it is best to plan ahead. My fiance and I are planning on a budget, therefore I think it is a good idea to start making reservations now to get discount prices. I originally wanted a fall theme with pumpkins and leaves but I live in Ohio and 9-10-11 is a little too soon for that. Then I decided a burnt orange and gold wedding, but it is almost impossible to find decorations in burnt orange. I have found a lot of websites with gold decorations (orientaltrading). Then I decided apple red and gold, but now I think that it will look too much like Christmas, so I guess im back to square 1. I saw someone's post say ivory and gold. That doesnt sound like a bad idea. We have children, so an ivory dress is ok instead of traditional white, but I dont know if I want my bridesmaids in gold dresses. I saw some purple and gold decorations that also looked nice together.

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Jan 17, 2010 5:19 PM Go to message in response to: 330Bride

With your wedding in 2011, my advice is to hit the sale racks between halloween and Christmas. We didn't pay full price for ANY of the decorations we used, because we purchased them in 2008 for our 2009 wedding, just after Turkey Day when all the thanksgiving stuff was being put on clearance.

Always great when you have the time to shop for decor on clearance prices!

(And you can wear white if you want. It's a new beginning, not "hey everyone, look at me, I'm a Virgin!!" <G>)

Misty

TheeBride Posts : 130 Registered: 1/17/10
Posted: Jan 17, 2010 7:29 PM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

I love Anna's idea for caramel and/or candy apples. There's a company that does them and they're AMAZING (www.mrsprindables.com) but I think if you had enough time you could save a lot of money and do them yourself, using some of the ideas from Mrs. Prindables by rolling them in different nuts or something. What's the location like? Is it indoors or outdoors? I think for the beginning of September you could do pretty much whatever color you want, short of bubblegum pink...hehe.

"I carry your heart with me, I carry it in
my heart. I am never without it, anywhere
I go you go, my dear..."

E.E. Cummings

grandmamoses Posts : 1 Registered: 6/8/10
Posted: Jun 8, 2010 7:00 PM Go to message in response to: TheeBride

This sure is a quiet thread, thus far. I guess it's still really early. That's good, I take forever making decisions anyway. We're getting married 9-10-11, because I want it to be near a full moon and a date I can remember. I have a little memory disorder that makes forgetting important dates very easy.

I love the idea to shop at the after Thanksgiving sales. My trouble right now is choosing the venue. We have been married before and want to keep it pretty casual and small. The exact number is due to be seen, but I think it will be between 25 and 50. Unfortunately that is to many for any of the houses I would be comfortable to use.

I'm in SW Washington state. It should be dry and comfortable. There is always the chance of rain, sometimes just for an hour or two. We aren't being married in our church, but are being married by our pastor. He is one of my bf's best friends.

I look forward to getting to know some of you. It will be fun sharing tips. Hope you are having a beautiful day.

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Jun 8, 2010 10:27 PM Go to message in response to: CJandJC

Dear So,

"These personalized cappuccino mix favors are so unique and will be something each of your guests"

Not me. The taste of coffee in any way shape or form makes me barf.

Agape14 Posts : 201 Registered: 12/31/08
Posted: Jun 9, 2010 9:59 AM Go to message in response to: CJandJC

Welcome to the boards CJ!

I'm getting married this September (just over 3mths to go!) and the colours that I'm using are chocolate, gold, ivory and copper, plus complimentary shades (yellow, orange etc) throughout. Below are some websites that I found that helped me decide on the colour scheme. And like someone else mentioned, if you use Google Images to search, you'll probably come across many blogs that have inspiration boards that show you how well some colours go together.

In terms of doing special things to make lasting memories, I just posted yesterday on the "All the Style Details" forum info on a DIY project for time capsules. I'm also preparing our scrapbook/guest book with fun stickers and personal items, and guests will sign their names next to a picture of themselves (we're having a photobooth. my best splurge for this wedding, besides my dress!). And I'm making our seating chart out of foam board, ribbon (check on Martha Stewart weddings), and pretty scrapbook paper.

I have a few more DIY projects that I'm planning, but the trick is not to get in over your head. Pick a few things that you'd really like to do that you think would add a nice personal touch to your day, but don't take on so much that you spend your life crafting to the detriment of everything else.

Good luck and happy planning!

http://theperfectpalette.blogspot.com/2009/02/inspiration-board-63-chocolate-brown.html

http://tastefullyentertaining.blogspot.com/2008/11/orange-chocolate-rustic-wedding.html

http://tastefullyentertaining.blogspot.com/2008/09/chocolate-cream-wedding.html

http://paperchick.blogspot.com/2008/07/gold-chocolate-brown-weddings.html

http://paperchick.blogspot.com/2008/07/gold-chocolate-brown-weddings.html

http://idoinspiration.blogspot.com/2009/09/table-top-tuesday-coffee-colours.html

http://idoinspiration.blogspot.com/2009/09/floral-friday-coffee-colours.html

~~Life's tough, wear a cup~~

wdubin Posts : 49 Registered: 4/27/08
Posted: Jun 9, 2010 2:46 PM Go to message in response to: Agape14

My wedding will be sometime in Oct. 2011 in NY state so we will have the foliage as well. I'm thinking of going with espresso, a deep wine with maybe a hint of mauve or cream.

SaraCon Posts : 1 Registered: 8/21/10
Posted: Aug 21, 2010 12:49 AM Go to message in response to: CJandJC

I am planning a wedding for Fall of Oct 2011 and I am looking to use fall yellow white and purple. My bridesmaid dresses will be fall purple or a dark purple and the bouquet and decor will basically be yellow and white and some purple colors. I havent narrowed it down yet. My wedding is also going to be in the back yard. So Im going to incorporate a lot of the natural colors as accent colors.

2dBride Posts : 158 Registered: 3/16/09
Posted: Aug 22, 2010 2:13 AM Go to message in response to: CJandJC

I got married 10-6-2009 in Massachusetts, and we used a fair amount of gold in our ceremony and reception decor. You're welcome to check out my bio for ideas.

Oh, and our dresses were ivory. However, it was not because I had children (adults, who were in fact our attendants), but only because both of us are pale and looked better in ivory.

Our wedding Web site and items for sale

GroomDude1 Posts : 4 Registered: 3/3/10
Posted: Sep 2, 2010 1:45 AM Go to message in response to: 2dBride

I agree with lots of the advice already provided, but I would reaffirm the help of the bridal bloggers out there (like at Wedding Bee, Style Me Pretty, Brenda's Bridal Blog, etc.), as they are often the most dedicated and thorough in offering great advice. And many of them also offer great giveaways (and the less-read blogs sometimes only have 10 or so entries). Like here's a great blog with a contest for a wedding planner system (this company seems to give away subscriptions quite often). So it's best to stay vigilant (but also take things with a grain of salt and trust your instincts ... remember, it's your wedding).

Edited by: GroomDude1 on Sep 2, 2010 1:45 AM

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine