May 2009 Brides (or any 2009!!)

Online Users: 1,312 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1,379

NessaRae615 Posts : 675 Registered: 9/23/08
Re: May 2009 Brides (or any 2009!!)
Posted: May 14, 2009 11:40 PM Go to message in response to: DAS824

Das~ I would love to see what you have for a ceremony. I am struggling with vows.Everything I show FH all he gives me is a thats fine too.....So I totaly know where you are comming from....I can show you a rough draft of ours so far if you would like also!

Good luck to all the Girls whose wedding is this weekend! I hope everything goes smoothly and you enjoy your days!!!

DAS824 Posts : 509 Registered: 8/24/07
Posted: May 15, 2009 12:10 AM Go to message in response to: NessaRae615

I think FH would also like a wham bam ceremony...I wouldn't mind one but I was hoping for just a bit more since this is so important to our families and us. This will be the first and possibly only time our parents and families have met. Try to prolong it a little :)

Nessa, if you wouldn't mind giving me your email address either in here or a message, I'll send you what I have and then you could send me yours too!

Thanks!!

Shauna C...I can't wait!!

mobride09 Posts : 519 Registered: 3/5/08
Posted: May 15, 2009 5:14 AM Go to message in response to: DAS824

Hey girls!! I am (sadly) back from jamaica and wanted to say congrats to all the 5-9 girls and the ones getting married tomorrow!! Can't wait to see pics! My photographer said ours should be ready next week, and until then I don't have anything I can post (I have only seen like 5 pics of me in my dress). I will be sure to post them when I get them though!!!

With you and I defying gravity, they'll never bring us down!

Kat78 Posts : 189 Registered: 2/9/08
Posted: May 15, 2009 6:07 AM Go to message in response to: mobride09

Hey Ladies.. i just wanted to stop by to say congrats to those ladies that are getting married this weekend.. i hope you have a beautiful day

me on the other hand i am as sick as a dog with my wedding next week. It has been so stressful here thats why i am sick when i get stressed i get sick.

My grandmother told me she wasnt coming to my wedding because i am nothing and i dont matter to her.

My sister is a joke. She wont get her hair done or my neices hair done and then when i offered to pay for my neices to have there hair done she started yelling at for even thinking about it. give me a break. It is unreal truely it is.

8 days till i get married

"say i love you today cuz tomorrow you may not have the chance"

http://www.mywedding.com/jonathanandkathleenforever

Edited by: Kat78 on May 15, 2009 6:09 AM

Puglover27 Posts : 103 Registered: 2/12/09
Posted: May 15, 2009 6:49 PM Go to message in response to: Kat78

Kat- sorry for what is going on, but on the other hand it is your wedding day be happy that the negative people aren't coming. What is up with your sister? Who doesn't want to look nice at a wedding?

You and I are getting married the same day. I was stressed for awhile, but now am like woo hoo almost here.

Brooke051609 Posts : 723 Registered: 12/31/07
Posted: May 16, 2009 12:42 AM Go to message in response to: Puglover27

Hey Girls! Sorry I haven't been on in a few days, it's been CRAZY around here. FH flew in early Wed morning to see his grandmother. So after picking him up from the airport we spent a very long and horrible day at the hospital. His grandma did pass away Wednesday night and the whole family was able to come and see her before she went. It was unbelievably sad and so hard for everyone. FMIL kept telling me how sorry she was that this was happening on such a special week, but I kept reassuring her that this was in no way her fault and how sorry I was for her! So it was a long and hard day Wednesday. But the family is doing very well, I think everyone is just glad she's out of pain now. They've been awesome about making our wedding a happy occasion and they're keeping the two events seperate. This whole thing has made me just forget all the stupid details I was stressing over and realize what matters so much, marrynig FH and family. So I think everyone is looking forward to a good day tomorrow and focus on the joy.
Thanks for the prayers and thoughts and understadning ladies!!!

I can't believe I'm getting married tomorrow, just doesn't seem real!!! Well, I guess it's today since it's after midnight! I'm so excited though and SO ready!!!

Good luck to my other 5-16 brides!!! Can't wait to share stories and pics when we all get back!!!

Best wishes!! Thanks for all the advice, tips, and fun stories during planning!! Talk to you all when we get back!!!!

"Come What May... "

Posted: May 16, 2009 8:36 AM Go to message in response to: Brooke051609

Brooke i am so sorry to hear about FH grandmother,, but i hope you have a great wedding today

Pug i dont understand my sister either.. when she got married she made me buy an ulgy dress for $400 and than i had to pay for my hair to be done and that cost me like $75.. now that it is my wedding her dress cost $150 and i paided, my neices dresses cost $50 each and i payed for thoes too.. all she had to get was there shoes and any alterations, she didnt need to get the girls dresses done and she only paid $53 for her dress to be done.. but yet she cant/wont get her and the girls hairs done for my wedding.. am i missing something here? and on top of that she told her SIL that she didnt want to rush to my house and have to sit around with me all day.. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!! its my damn wedding, hell when she got married i hosted a sleepover the night before hers. but i cant get her to spend the day with me on my wedding.. i have a great sister dont i?

8 days till i get married

Puglover27 Posts : 103 Registered: 2/12/09
Posted: May 16, 2009 10:53 AM Go to message in response to: Kat78

Kat she sounds horrible. Can you tell her not to come? It seems like she wants to create drama and you don't need that on your wedding day.

Posted: May 16, 2009 11:23 AM Go to message in response to: Puglover27

she is my so-called marton of honor and if i tell her now not to bother than it will break into a huge fight between myself and my family because everyone feels like they need to protect her they have our whole lifes. She didnt do anything to help me with the wedding.. at my bridal shower she picked a friday night 7pm-12am to have it and then at 9pm she told everyone that showed up( the whole 10 ppl) that they had to leave because she has better things to do but stay there.. really who throws a bridal shower at night on a friday night at that? Maybe i am expecting more from her than she can give me

7 days till i get married

BecBec Posts : 25 Registered: 12/26/06
Posted: May 16, 2009 10:54 PM Go to message in response to: Kat78

Well, everythings coming together for my wedding next weekend. I got my dress back from my seamstress yesterday and it went in to get steamed this morning. I have one more shower tomorrow, and then my bachelorette the night of the rehearsal. It's gonna be so much fun!

It seems that most of the people at the wedding are going to be my family. Quite a few of his are now going to be unexpectedly out of town for funerals this week and don't think they're going to be able to get back in time. I feel awful because all of a sudden nobody is going to be there for him, and it really will be all about me! Of course I'm also fully prepared for my 3 flower girls and my ring bearer to steal the show!

Everything is coming together swimmingly other than that. I'm getting so excited I can hardly function, even simple things are easy to forget!

Congrats to all the May 16 ladies! Good Luck to all of my fellow May 23 ladies! It's been a long and bumpy ride at times, but it's most definitely been fun!!!

May 23, 2009 is getting so close!

Laughing Beck

~ The love you live is equal to the love you give, so give a whole bunch!

SteffMay2009 Posts : 383 Registered: 10/22/08
Posted: May 17, 2009 12:07 PM Go to message in response to: BecBec

Girls! We are back from our honeymoon! Our wedding was amazing. The most fun day of my life. The weather held out and we got to get married in the courtyard outside. We had a giant conga line, a soul train, and some really great memories. I have to post pics from work, because for some reason, I can't do it on a mac (which is what I have at home)...
It's such an amazing feeling, seeing all your friends and family there to support you. Definitely don't get stressed out, everything will work out and you will have an amazing time! Good luck to the other May brides, I'll post pics soon.

Posted: May 18, 2009 12:33 PM Go to message in response to: SteffMay2009

we have 5 days left and i feel like there is so much to do and i could use another week but like FH said to me we will never be totally ready.. i have this really nasty cough and i can for see that while we are going our vows i am going to be coughing up a lung yay.. my daughter is now semi sick, she was sent home from school today because of it but i am thinking she is just worried about the wedding too.. i have a small list of thing that needs to be done and i feel like i will never get them done there isnt enough time..

so we are not have a wedding cake. we decided to have whoopie pies from wicked whoopies in maine, those came today we got 7 dozen whoopie pies and they have a 5lb jumbo one that we ordered also for the wedding. well those showed up today in a huge box that weights 45lbs can you imagine.. i hope they are a big hit at the wedding

5 days till i get married

BlissfullyContent Posts : 73 Registered: 1/28/07
Posted: May 18, 2009 3:15 PM Go to message in response to: mobride09

I just wanted to say hi and thank you to everyone for all your help! Our wedding was wonderful and we got back safe from Jamaica and it was beautiful and the weather held out until the last two days. It was glorious but I'm glad to be home. I'm attempting to get my house back in order but I also need to get caught up on this thread. I just ruined someone's morning when I dropped off my 20 disposable cameras from the wedding + our digital pictures from our vaca. Pictures will be posted! Still haven't heard anything from our photographer yet. Hope all other 5/9 and 5/16 brides made out well. <3

SteffMay2009 Posts : 383 Registered: 10/22/08
Posted: May 21, 2009 4:28 PM Go to message in response to: BlissfullyContent

Good luck to all the other May brides! I just posted some pics in the "congrats steffmay and other may brides" thread. It takes too long to post, so if you are curious you can check them out. I'll try to do more when I can, but it takes foreeever.

Good luck to anyone getting married this weekend! Take time to enjoy everything!

TigerBride515 Posts : 482 Registered: 10/15/08
Posted: May 26, 2009 12:49 PM Go to message in response to: SteffMay2009

Hey Ladies, I'm BACK!!!!!!!!!! The wedding was wonderful and the honeymoon was amazing! This is my first day back in the real world so I don't have time for the details and no pics yet but I will post as soon as I catch up! Congrats to last weekends brides and good luck to anyone this weekend!

Steff - I saw your pics on the other thread and they are beautiful!!!

preview image

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine