A Friendly Forum for Young Brides.

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 2,746

BrighterThanSun... Posts : 853 Registered: 10/17/08
Re: A Friendly Forum for Young Brides.
Posted: May 13, 2009 11:32 PM Go to message in response to: ryanne

Just a quick couple of responses

First off

Autumn* Yay for actually saying it out loud to other people!!! It sounds so miniscule...but really...that's a big step! Once you say something into the Universe, it's out there, you can't take it back. You have officially said that you are getting married to him to the Universe. When people used to ask me if we were getting married, even after Greg and I had discussed it I would be like "uh HELLO! I am 19! Don't even go there!" But now I am like "I'm not going to say we aren't going to get married, we're young and we will wait and see what happens." Ha THAT is a baby step. I am too scared to be like "yes. i am getting married to Greg" when things are so unofficial and now far off. Maybe in a year I will be able to say it.

I'm bored without school too. School ended April 17th for me and my work start date keeps getting pushed back, now until May 30th! I just don't know what to do with myself. Before I was supposed to start May 10th...so I didn't see the point in getting a job or falling into a new routine...but now I wish I just got a temporary job since I have been unemployed and ultimately broke for about a month now and that's not changing for the next couple of weeks. Also, Greg and I have agreed to not spend TOO much time together and focus on our families and friends since we will be spending everyday of our summer together. So sometimes, when my friends are busy with their jobs or school work or other plans and my family is at work...I am just SO bored. My new best friend is my Dog...

Jewel* Um fuck The Knot. That's what this forum here is for, support for young brides since some people are such bitches about it. Honestly, age is a number. Even when people start to discuss maturity versus age when it comes to getting married...I just want to be like "I will have my spurts of immaturity for the rest of my life...does that mean I should never get married?" You seem ready to get married and it just seems to make sense for you. We can't help that we fell in love at such a young age. Who is to say that everybody finds the love of their life at age 25? Why can't he come along at age 16?

Jeanie* Your wedding website is amazing! Agreed on the adorableness that is that photograph. Also your story is so cute! Why didn't I meet Greg when I was merely a toddler? I wish we fell in love over hopscotch, wallball and notes being passed in class written in crayons. Ha I'm happy how we did fall in love but that just is just so classic!

Anyshoes

this is the TMI section of my post relating to my past couple of posts:

WARNING

I had the best sex of my life this morning. We were going through a little sex plateau with some man issues. Last night I slept at his parents house, not expecting any alone time...but then next morning he wakes me up and the entire house is empty...so in my head I start thinking that maybe I should bring up the very touchy subject of the issue...and then he just kisses me. Things escalate and then the issue is just non-existent. So apart of me is very, very thankful that I didn't bring it up because it would have been awkward, and it would have made sex awkward...rather than amazing.

Love1120 Posts : 5 Registered: 3/18/09
Posted: May 14, 2009 10:14 AM Go to message in response to: delete

Hi girls! I am glad to have found this thread. (This is my first post on the forms!)

My name is Samantha and I am marrying my high school sweetheart in November. I am 19 and he is 21. We both graduated in 2007 and have been living together since he proposed last September. Both our families are very supportive of us, as we have been together for almost five years, but I have noticed vendors are a bit hesitant to book with us.

I went through some of the older posts but didn't know if anyone else touched on this subject. For the most part I feel we carry ourselves well and are extremely respectful and responsive in our meetings... out of all of our consolations with receptions, catering, cakes, and flowers, I feel that we have only had one person who was thrilled to be booking with us!

What is up with this? I feel that I should at the least be given a chance before judged...

BrighterThanSun... Posts : 853 Registered: 10/17/08
Posted: May 14, 2009 11:36 AM Go to message in response to: Love1120

Hello!

Hmmm I'm not sure if this has really been touched on since I started posting around 5 months ago...

I'm going to have to think that some vendors may feel as though young couples are more prone to cancelling prior to the wedding. This obviously isn't fair for those who are fully committed to one another but it may be due to some experience with young couples, of course it isn't fair to categorize and stereotype though.

Sorry you have gone through this!

Have you booked your vendors yet? Or are you waiting to find some more enthusiastic ones?

NessaRae615 Posts : 675 Registered: 9/23/08
Posted: May 14, 2009 2:15 PM Go to message in response to: BrighterThanSun...

Hello girls!!!

Welcome.....I am so sorry I forgot your name!! But about the venders, do you tell them your ages or do you just look young? I don't think thats right that they treat you that way! I had no problem with my venders, but I am only working with a few because my site offers just about everything. I hope things get better for you!! How much planning have you done so far?

Brighter~ I am glad you and Greg seem to have moved past the awkwardness. It is always so nice to get amazing sex!!! I hate getting stuck in a rut, which we have.......so surprises are nice!! Wow that sucks your work got pushed back so far!! At least its not to much longer before you get to go to work!!

Jewel~ Just to touch on the age thing. Ignore the people that say shit about it. They don't know you, you seem very ready for marrage and very mature. It is the close minded older ladies that feel like everyone should wait to get married. And unfortantly those are also the same people who like to be very blunt with their oppinions.

Autumn~ Yay for baby steps!!! Does it feel good to be able to tell people you are going to marry him? I was so ecstatic to be able to tell people we were getting married. He was a little wary since I didn't have my ring, but that didn't matter to me, I was marring the man I loved and I wanted to let the world know!

God I can't beilive I only have 10 days!!! My mom is working on my center peices, Bill and I are looking for what vows we want to use, my dad paid off the caterer.....Everything is going smoothly so far. My dress should be ready to be picked up on saturday, and then taken to be pressed.......So exciting!! Well I have to get going I have a hair appointment here soon.

NKGiordano Posts : 57 Registered: 5/9/09
Posted: May 14, 2009 2:29 PM Go to message in response to: NessaRae615

I am officially done school!!!! I graduate on Wed. :) Yay!!!

It is true. I think because you are young, people dont take you seriously. I dont get it. It is stupid.

I am looking into venues right now and I want my reception to be at the Plaza and I dont get why just because I am young, you treat me like I am nothing. I am having a huge wedding and I am going all out and I want to give you business. Take it, accept it, and be nice.

So, we are looking at colours, themes, and etc. I have NO idea what to pick. I was thinking burnt orange, and yellow. But, we'll see. I am going to look at pictures and see. Also, call up a few wedding planners and see their portfolio for ideas!

Natassia and Kris

July 16, 2011

Ariana1228 Posts : 281 Registered: 3/2/08
Posted: May 14, 2009 2:47 PM Go to message in response to: BrighterThanSun...

ok so this is going to be a long post because I need to vent.

FH and I got into another fight yesterday. I had talked to him about booking the venue we like as first right of refusal. It is not actually going in there and signing a contract and putting a deposit down, but more a tentative thing that we can do not to loose our date. What happens is if there is another couple interested in the same date and they are willing to sign a contract and book that date they call us and we have 24 hours to either sign the contract and make a deposit, or give the date to the other couple. It costs absolutely nothing and we can cancel at any time. FH and I agreed that since we wouldn't loose anything, to go ahead and "book" it. So I did yesterday. I also felt a lot better doing this because as you all know FMIL has not looked at the guest list yet. About 30 mins after I told him I booked it he calls me .... "What's the rush?" is what he says? I am like WTF are you talking about? He said what is the rush with us getting married in 2 years rather than like say 5??? OMG R U SERIOUS? I said Richard we have been engaged for 1 1/2 years and we decided this date when we got engaged and recently started telling everyone of the date we choose. I was like what is going on? He says I am afraid? I said about what? The only thing that he said again was about the financial aspect of where will we be in 2 years and so on. I said well maybe that is why you shouldn't buy a third car now. He said well I worked hard for it and I deserve it and blah blah. So I got pissed and did not want to talk to him anymore. He continuously called me and bothered me throughout the day while I was at WORK. I was so mad my face was beat red.

While this is going on with him I guess FMIL called my mom. She said to my mom, you know I know that your husband is sick and everything and if he doesn't feel like sitting through Ariana's graduation all day on Saturday and then Richard's all day on Sunday that is ok, but I can use the ticket for someone else so let me know. I was like are you f'in serious. I was at FMIL's house Tuesday night and I saw that she wanted to invite 14 people but only had 13 tickets so to me, she knew my dad was sick and tried to back him out of going in a nice way so she would invite who she wanted to. The thing that pisses me off even more than this is the fact that the person that she was inviting in place of my dad was Richard's Uncle who voted to lay him off in his current job and they complain about this Uncle all the time, so why are you inviting him??? IMO because MIL is inviting all the family from her side she had to invite this Uncle (FFIL's only brother) so there is not a problem in their family. This is the way I read things and continue to do so. I am still at work and now I am just ripping mad.

As this is going on FH is still bothering me. So I picked up the phone and told him that I didn't want to marry him because he was a liar (he had said in our last fight 2 weeks ago that he just said he didn't want to get married in 2 years because he was mad at me), he only cared about what he wanted and his feelings, and FMIL tried to push my father out of going to his graduation. So now because I said this all hell breaks loose. FH must have called FMIL screaming at her so she calls my cell, of course I don't pick up, leaves me a voicemail I don't call her back. FH is calling me I won't pick up, he calls me at work, I hang up on him. Now my mom is calling me at work, I told her I am at work and can't talk about this now, ok fine. Now FMIL calls me at work. I very nicely tell her that Richard has been bothering me all day at work and I don't want to talk about this nor can I and that I had to go.

I finally get out of work, still pissed. I go to FH's house at 6:20 to talk to him about this BS. The whole time I am talking to him he is sitting across from me laughing in my face. I told him MULTIPLE times that if he was going to continue to laugh I was going to leave. He still laughed so I packed up my shit and left. FH does not come after me but says if you leave now then it's over, so I said well you should have thought about this when you were laughing at me even though I asked you not to. I said I have feelings and you need to respect that and I walked out and left. He went to the coffee shop that we usually go to on Wednesday nights with one of his friends and I went home. I honestly thought that FH was going to sit and think about things and come and talk to me and apologize, but he didn't. He then randomly at 8:30 sends me a text (we haven't talked since I left his house) saying that I hung up in FMILs face. I said that is 100% not true. He starts annoying me saying that is not true. Whatever I stop talking to him. He then continues to text me and blame me for shit and say I didn't try and all this nonsense. I told him I came to talk you thought it was a joke and laughed so I left. He said that he didn't think it was a joke, so like I said why did you laugh?? Makes no sense. I asked him if his mom told him that I hung up in her face and he said no my mom told my dad and my dad told me. So now I am ripping that she even said that. I told him to leave me alone and I went to bed. It is now 2:30 and I have not heard from FH. He has not called to say sorry or anything. I graduate in 2 days and to be honest I don't want him or his family there, that is how mad I am at him. I am so mad that his mom would even lie like that because I was pissed at her. I also think that FMIL is the one who is making comments to FH about getting married in 2 years and so on. She has no problem with us being married but has always been on the 5 year program and when we said it was 3 1/2 years she had to get used to it. I don't get what the problem is, we will be done with school and we have full time jobs, but I will (hopefully) be a CPA by the time we get married and have a great job. FH has a good job now, but can get something in his field is he tries to. I am just very annoyed and frustrated right now. I do not know what to do, and I feel like my anger towards this situation and feeling like FH doesn't care enough to try to resolve things makes me really second guess this whole marriage thing between us.

Any words of advice or opinions would be great.

ryanne Posts : 1,042 Registered: 4/27/06
Posted: May 14, 2009 3:00 PM Go to message in response to: NKGiordano

Hey girls!

Welcome Samantha! I really didn't have too much of an issue with my vendors being weird about my age. Sometimes that is influenced by the area you live in, though. But don't let it phase you--there is always going to be someone who thinks you're too young or inexperienced. :-)

Nessa: Ten more days!! Yay! I'm glad that everything is coming together for you! Just really try to relax as much as possible! Pamper yourself!

Brighter: lol. That's about all I can say about that. :-)

Sorry if I missed anyone! It seems like I did, but I can't think of who it was. lol.

Drum roll #1.....I'M DONE WITH SCHOOL FOR THREE MONTHS!!!!!! Can you tell I'm excited? lol. My last final was over just about an hour ago and I feel really good about it. I'm really hoping that I kept my 4.0!!!

Drum roll #2.....We have mold. Two spots in the petri dish and whatever goo is in there for the test. Since we're sure it exists now, we're going to put another one in the bathroom tonight, because our theory is that our ancient shower is the culprit. The shower is on the other side of one of our bathroom walls, and it is OLD. Hasn't been redone in 20+ years and there is mold and gunk on the corners of the shower around the doors. We've attributed that to the doors, but we haven't really had the money to replace them. So I'm not sure what all will be involved in our hunt to kill said mold, but we will probably be moving our room into the extra bedroom down here that Chris's grandma has yet to clean out (she's been meaning to clean it out since we moved in so we could use it as a music room/office/guest room, but it hasn't happened). I want to try and use that room if we can, because I really don't want to sleep upstairs. So we'll see.

But, I found a new hobby last night. House plan hunting! I was online for an hour and a half yesterday searching for different floor plans and it was so much fun! Chris liked most of the ones I found, too. I told him we might as well know exactly what we want so we can spend plenty of time preparing for the cost--that way there are no expensive surprises. The plans I was looking at were for 3 bed 2 1/2 bath homes with 1st floor laundry and utilities, and an attached garage. We found a lot of really cute houses--mostly between 1900 and 2000 square feet (not including the basement). lol. I left wedding planning for house planning and it is just as much fun!

Alrighty girls, I'm off to the studio. I have to teach tonight and I'm going in early to audition someone for the show we're doing this summer. Talk to you all later!

JewelOfTheSea Posts : 32 Registered: 12/22/08
Posted: May 14, 2009 3:44 PM Go to message in response to: Ariana1228

Wow Ariana you poor girl :( Men can be total D'nozzles at times and I have to admit if I got really worked up over something and Ryan laughed in my face over it and if i tried to leave he told me it would be over between us HELL YES i would rethink marrying him! I suggest that you explain to your FH that if he really thinks that it is ok to demean what matters to you and blatantly insult you by laughing in your face then he must not be the man you thought he was. I'm really sorry that you are going through this but there is something my mom used to tell me that I'd like to share because it always gave me hope. She would always tell me that you really have to love someone to have a big fight with them because you have to care what they think and you have to care about what they say enough to want to change what they think and you have to love them enough to use THAT MUCH energy to get angry and yell and want to change things. And then you know you REALLY REALLY love them when you can still find the energy and the willingness to forgive each other and move on.

Everyone will always fight with people they love at least occasionally because we care about them. And I have always held onto that explanation my mom gave me years ago and it always manages to help me through. I really truely hope it can help you, you deserve the love and affection you want from him.

So yeah, I just presented my Senior Project last night so now I just have to do an interview and put up a poster board once some pictures i took develop AND I AM READY TO GRADUATE!!! woot june 6th muahaha. Now i just need to get a license and then a plane ticket and i am good to go...that and pack all of Bonnies stuff and ship it to TN >.< I really really miss Ryan i have been looking at pictures and i just start randomly crying. If I hadn't already gotten my period I would think I was preg again...only minus the vomiting. But I laugh a lot more now, which is good because it balances out my bouts of sadness. So I totally think I found the most amazing dress ever but I am pretty sure Ryan would hate it...also because if i DID get it i would get it in blue (beautiful dress!) and Ryan is one of those traditionalist types that feel you should only marry in white eye roll I personally think i will look AWFUL in white because I am INCREDIBLY pale. (i scare small children who think i am a corpse or something equally frightening) and I have dark patches of skin next to the outside corner of my eyes and so when I wear white i seriously look like a skeleton or something....a fat skeleton lol. But yeah...so no looking at dresses for me untill Sept because i want Ryan to love it, of course then i could get in mondo trouble with the fact that some dresses take a few MONTHS to arrive...and I have never dealt with any dress places in TN before so I wont know anything going in there. I am pretty sure I have the colors picked out but i would like your guys opinion (i picked these because of an Iris called August Emperor...I am really into plants) and well anyways so the colors are blue and yellow and purple (and white of course) So tell me what you think!

So my dad yesterday wrote a BEAUTIFUL SONG he hasn't named it yet he was going to call it Blue Moon Waltz but the name is taken (i explained that there are hundreds of songs that share names) but I am having it as the song that I walk down the aisle to, but because he keeps expanding on it i might be able to make it the song EVERYONE goes down the aisle to it is SO BEAUTIFUL i can not wait :D.

My baby girl is growing up so fast she will be 2 months old on saturday! I want her to stay tiny forever I remember being in the hospital when she was a new born like it all happened just last week I can't beleive time is going by so fast it makes me wanna cry. I want to be happy every time shes a week or month older but at the same time i just feel like I want to go back to when she was just a few days old I miss it, but I am also looking forward to more milestones. I am torn! lol.

So yeah...all of you who have never had kids, a want to lend you some advice. I could totally get over these few extra pounds i have not lost yet except for one thing. My skin is totally destroyed by stretch marks. Its horrifying. Think Freddy Krugars face and thats what my stomache, chest, lower back, and thighs look like. I have one mark on my chest next to my left shoulder that is SO BAD that I shudder every time i see it. Its so huge and red and sunken with a strip of white skin all twisted through the center it looks like a hideous burn scar. so my word of advice USE SOME Dr. PALMERS EVERY MORNING AND NIGHT WHEN YOU GET PREG!!! Stretch marks fade but will never go away. I will never be able to wear any swim suit again. Unless its a wet suit >.<

But yeah every day is a day closer to Ryan and one less day to plan!

And Nessa woot way to go 10 days!!!

Love1120 Posts : 5 Registered: 3/18/09
Posted: May 14, 2009 3:45 PM Go to message in response to: BrighterThanSun...

Thanks for responding chicas! Well I will start from the beginning:

• Our color scheme is Ivory, Latte Brown, and Emerald Green with hints of gold here and there. **We may add eggplant or a burnt orange into the flowers. I want to embrace fall colors but I don't want a fall theme wedding.
  • I've got the dress, veil, and headband
  • We've informed the bridal party and have there attire pick out: long latte colored strapless romantic dressed and black tuxes with latte ties. (3 Maids/3 Grooms/One Flower Girl/One Ring Bearer/Both Parents/Two Brothers to assist in ushing)
  • The Church is our own and is booked as well as the officiate
  • Our reception room is booked and we sign the contract for the menu this Saturday!
http://www.saltwatergrille.com/events.html
  • Our rings are picked out and are being paid off monthly
  • The DJ is booked, we are using The Music Maine DJ (New England)
  • I have a rough idea of decor and need to get an inspiration board going on my site
  • We have picked candy apples as favors
  • Honeymoon to Sandals in Negril Jamaica is booked too!

I think that is all at this point. Between this month and next we are meeting with two cake consultants and a few flower shops. Although I do believe we will do the flowers yourself.

We never tell anyone our age BUT we both look young. On the phone everyone seem to want to work with us but when the met us I just feel that they could care less about us or our needs. Luckily after meeting with several vendors we found a few that were pleasant and actually seem excited to work with us.

Our budget is about $4000.00 with my grandparents gifting us our honey (Yayyy) and my parents contributing about $1500.00. His parents are going to pay for the rehearsal dinner which will probably be held at a local mexican restaurant. Since our wedding is on the formal side we want to have a loud and fun rehearsal dinner.

So any suggestions of what to do next? Haha. Sorry if I am ranting! This is the first time I have shared our wedding details online!

• Samantha

Rose217 Posts : 474 Registered: 8/9/08
Posted: May 14, 2009 4:20 PM Go to message in response to: Love1120

Lol, it's good to see all the posts in here. Unfortunately it's the end of finals week so I've been really busy, but tomorrow evening I'm going home (to be with FH for a couple of weeks!) so I might be able to come back and actually read and reply to everything... soon.

Hope everyone has a great end of the week and you're all doing well!

Autumnalis2010 Posts : 133 Registered: 1/12/09
Posted: May 14, 2009 4:43 PM Go to message in response to: Love1120

Ariana1228 Posts : 281 Registered: 3/2/08
Posted: May 14, 2009 8:29 PM Go to message in response to: Autumnalis2010

I don't really know what to say at this point. Just that FH still hasn't called or texted me to say anything. Not even an email. I am so mad I don't know what I would do if FH did call or tried to talk to me. It's not that I don't know what to say it is just that I am so blown away from the fact that he hasn't tried to fix things in over 24 hours. I am really just trying to figure this shit out in my head and I can't.

Its like ... does he think that I am wrong and that I should be calling him? Because at this point I feel that he just doesn't want to take responsibility, but is it worth loosing me? I don't know why he is taking so long.

I don't have a problem talking to him but the thing is that I tried that he thought it was a joke .. to me he should be the one to make the effort and say sorry and talk to me now. Am I wrong here?

FH and I never usually get into fights until recently. That is why I think that FMIL has something to do with all this bullshit going on. I honestly liked her and didn't have a problem with her until this guest list thing started.

Well I'm going to go for now ... just wanted to let more of my thoughts out.

ryanne Posts : 1,042 Registered: 4/27/06
Posted: May 14, 2009 10:52 PM Go to message in response to: Ariana1228

Ariana: I knew I missed something! Sorry, hun! I don't really know what to say about the whole thing either, except for that it sounds like you and FH need to go away for the weekend and reconnect and talk about your future together, and your priorities. Some counseling might help with that too.

Jewel: Could you maybe wear ivory instead of white and then have blue accents too?? That would definitely help solve the solid white issue!

Samantha: It sounds like you have everything coming along nicely! When is your date again?

Autumn: As much as I hate it when I have a whole bunch of cleaning to do in a short amount of time, it usually works out better because I tend to work better under pressure. lol.

EliseKenny09 Posts : 14 Registered: 10/29/07
Posted: May 14, 2009 11:51 PM Go to message in response to: ryanne

Jewel-I'm a senior in HS too! My wedding date is July 8th. It's creeping up pretty fast, lol.

So here's what I've been up too. Kenny and I had some issues, and i left for awhile so we could figure things out. we worked on ourselves and couldn't be happier. now i have two months to finish planning my wedding. we're having problems finding an officiant. we had one, but she got cancer and can no longer marry us. so now i asked my minister to do it, but i'm worried she won't because my mother does not approve of our marriage and because of our age. I have no idea what to do. We were thinking about going to the courthouse and getting legally married there, and then Kenny's father wants to perform the actual ceremony. In michigan, you have to have a church in order to officiate, so his father couldn't do it officially. any ideas or anything? i'm stuck!

Rose217 Posts : 474 Registered: 8/9/08
Posted: May 15, 2009 1:47 AM Go to message in response to: EliseKenny09

Jeanie- Ah, thanks for explaining the location and dates. What's it been like to be engaged long distance?

Autumn- Well I like the picture and I would like to be there too, hehe. The ultimatum you gave FH about the name "Octavian" made me laugh! Telling your future plans to other people out loud is challenging for me, so good for you! How does it feel? Oh and thanks for the good thoughts! My final this evening went well, it was actually fun cause it was a botany field final with a super cool TA who even took us out for ice cream afterwards! And no, I can't stay away from here too long. ;)

Ryanne- Having mold sucks, but at least you know the likely culprit of your and FH's health issues! I wish you the best in getting it resolved quickly, that can't be enjoyable. And congrats on reaching summer and doing well on your finals!

Natassia- Your website looks good, and you've already had 150+ visits! And congrats on graduating! I just took photos of my friend in her cap, gown, and hood all over campus today, it was fun. There's an air of accomplishment on campus right now and I like it.

Nessa- That's difficult when family puts you in the middle of their argument. Good luck telling them you won't take sides and to figure it out themselves!

Jewel- That is really sweet that your dad wrote the song for your wedding!

I've also heard that people on the knot boards can be vicious, so don't take them seriously. Like you said, they don't know you, FH, or your situation. I don't have a problem with your age and everyone is welcome on these forums (although vendors and jackasses are annoying, lol). But I'll be honest, I am still a little concerned that you're rushing into marriage. You explained why you chose November, but not why it has to be this year. Is it because FH is moving to Germany soon (when exactly?)? Couldn't you move with him as his fiance? What about these dates: Nov. 11, 2010 is a Thursday and Dec. 11, 2010 is a Saturday. Or, 11/11/2011 is a Friday or 12/11/2011 is a Sunday. Also, I know that San Antionio is a special place for you guys but won't both of your extended families have to travel? That may reduce the guest list, and therefore the budget and stress you feel; but then again if you asked my opinion, I'd vote for having the wedding in your hometown or TN. Planning from a distance is another very stressful factor and you've already got so much on your plate! I agree that living with your parents can be tough, you have my sympathy, and it seems unfair when parents don't like FH. I really hope this doesn't come off as mean, I'm just concerned for you and I want to be honest. What do you think of having the wedding in WA or TN? How do you feel about postponing it to after this year?

Elise- Hi and welcome back! Could a justice of the peace marry you? Or your father do the ceremony in front of guests, and the minister officially sign you and make it legal before or after, even on the same day?

Brighter- That's awesome that you and Greg are making time for family and friends while you're at home, I really value and respect that! Couples becoming exclusive, like when they're a package deal, can be cute but most of my experiences with it make me want to gag, haha. I've lost a lot of good girlfriends (even temporarily, but still) to boyfriends and it gets old. YAY FOR HAVING GREAT SEX! I got excited for you when I read that. Here's to it continuing! crosses fingers

Love- Hi! It sounds like you've got a lot of great planning already done! The colors sound lovely and congrats on getting the venues done, that seems to be a big hurdle for most brides.

Ariana- Oh no, I'm so sorry you and FH (and FMIL) got into a fight. I agree with Autumn: you guys need to have an honest talk. Write down what you want to say, or the outline at least, if that will help you remember what you want to talk about and keep calm (it works for me). I think it was really rude of him to laugh in your face and I think I would have reacted the same! I'm sorry that he still hasn't contacted you, I think he should have but at this point if I were you I'd be the bigger person and reach out. Good luck girl, and remember, it may be a virtual forum but we're all here for you!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine