September 2009 WIVES!!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 811

Heidibride30 Posts : 1,201 Registered: 4/16/08
Re: September 2009 Brides
Posted: Apr 27, 2009 11:12 PM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

I have read your ring saga, Misty. It totally sucks. We're going to the same people who made my e-ring for our wedding bands. They did an awesome job with that. Everything was done on schedule, with absolutley no fuss. It's really just a matter of figuring out what FH wants. I'm easy. I want my wedding band to exactly match my e-ring band. The only question I have is whether they can notch the band so it fits snug with my e-ring.

Proud member and S.C.A.T. of POOP - People Offended by Offended People

kensimzadi Posts : 216 Registered: 7/28/08
Posted: Apr 27, 2009 11:52 PM Go to message in response to: Heidibride30

OMG I'm overwhelmed!!! It seems like I still have a ton to do!! ohmyohmyohmyohmyohmyohmyohmy..........

Posted: Apr 30, 2009 10:34 PM Go to message in response to: kensimzadi

FH and I went with my parents to our venue today to start finalizing details. :) I took a bunch of pictures which are in my profile album. It's so beautiful and rustic. I'm so getting excited!!

Necolei Posts : 207 Registered: 7/31/06
Posted: May 1, 2009 10:33 PM Go to message in response to: Heidibride30

I am so excited as well yet the excitment seems to be wearing off since I feel like I don't have that much more to do. We just had our food tasting and the pot roast was to die for it was the most mouth watering and amazing piece of meat I have ever ate. So I got super excited about that. But the only other thing I have to do this month is meet with our officant.

I dunno if I just forgot everything that I need to do or if I am really just that far ahead at this point. I know the end of July is when I will really start getting excited and freaking out. The place I am getting my hair done and the place we are gettting our mani and pedi's is driving me crazy because I love to plan ahead and I can't schedule appoinments untill august.

Anyways anything else driving you nuts

NewMrsVelino Posts : 144 Registered: 6/9/08
Posted: May 1, 2009 10:47 PM Go to message in response to: Necolei

I feel the exact same way Necolei, except the more I think about everything, I start to remember what else I still have to do. I still have to find invitations, pick out FH's wedding band, and talk to a florist and try to get some quotes on mine and my girls bouquets, the guys' boutonneires and corsages for the mothers, easy enough I think, lol. I am really surprised at how well I am handling everything and how far ahead I feel I am. I am usually the biggest procrastinator. The invitations seem to be the biggest problem for me though. I can't make up my mind if I want to find a program to make them myself or if I just want to pay the money and have them done ... any suggestions? What did you ladies do?

When is my wedding

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: May 1, 2009 10:56 PM Go to message in response to: NewMrsVelino

We are DIYing our invites. Nothing major impressive, just one of those invite kits from Michaels. I have a friend who got married on August 9 (easy to remember, she was getting married when I got engaged).

Anyway, about 4 weeks before the wedding, her family was having an 'addressing' party, and the night before she had not yet gotten around to doing her invites.

I called in John, who brought over his laser printer. We worked on wording. John formatted the thing and printed them up for her. It took a few hours, but that was because we then printed up maps and response cards for her so she'd have all of the inserts ready too. The plus side: we saw how easy it was as a sort of dry run for us.

As to why so late on her part? Her wedding got moved up six months due to when family would be able to come (they can come at Thanksgiving or the summer. Her then future husband got notified he would be deployed soon...and they didn't know when. So the wedding got moved from November to August ... in June. Instant panic, yep. nothing like three months being shaved off when it's already a shortish engagement). Plus she has two jobs and is going to school. It was rough on her. she managed to pull it off though <G> I just wish I'd been able to go -- that was final curtain of our play.

Misty

2009ToBeMrsV Posts : 256 Registered: 12/30/07
Posted: May 2, 2009 1:09 AM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

I got word that my dress is going to be in on Monday, so I have an appt on the 9th to pick it up and make sure everything is ok with it. I'm sooo excited I can't wait!!!

Engaged: January 1, 2008
Getting Married: September 19, 2009

Posted: May 2, 2009 2:09 PM Go to message in response to: NewMrsVelino

I did my own invites as well. I love my invites because they are exactly what I want. However I don't think I would ever do it again. I am having a wedding with 100 people or so so I needed to make about 50 invites to be sur eI had enough for everyone. Well it sounded easy but I can't believe how many hours it took me to finish them. It was extrememly time consuming. So if you have a lot of time and don't mind arts and crafts than go for it. If your too busy or would just really not take the time I would pay the extra money and have someone else do them or order them from a catalog. I will try and post my invites

Posted: May 2, 2009 2:16 PM Go to message in response to: 2009ToBeMrsV

Thats awesome if you thought it was exciting to try on dresses wait until you try on your dress. You will be smiling for a couple weeks as long as everything goes ok which I'm sure it will. Good Luck

B2B999 Posts : 700 Registered: 12/7/07
Posted: May 14, 2009 5:57 PM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

we're DIYing our invitations too (actually both sets) for the wedding ceremony we are making message in a bottle invitations (I'll send pictures when those are done) which I'm SUPER excited about because they're so unique, but ended up being a lot more work then I was at first anticipating.
For Saturday we got print-your-own ones, but we modified the design a little bit and rather than just printing the text on the cardstock, my FH scanned the design from the vellum, blew up one area and then reprinted it as the background for the invites. It looks amazing and substantially better than I had ever hoped. We still have to print the RSVPs & inserts and do all the inner envelopes & addresses...but the printing is done so that's something.

When is my wedding

Posted: May 15, 2009 2:56 PM Go to message in response to: B2B999

I can't wait to see pics of your invites! They sound adorable!!!!!!

We had our florist appointment yesterday. My bouquet is going to be so beautiful!! Blue hydrangeas with white roses. My MOH will have the same thing, but smaller. The other BMs will have white hydrangeas, and the flower girl is going to have a basket of silk white and blue hydrangeas. :) For centerpieces, we are doing pint-sized mason jars with a blue ribbon, and a single blue hydrangea. We'll toss some votives on the table, too. :)

kensimzadi Posts : 216 Registered: 7/28/08
Posted: May 16, 2009 3:12 AM Go to message in response to: Heidibride30

Oh that sounds sooooo beautiful!! I wanted big, lush flowers for my bouquet like hydrangeas or especially peonies but my Momma wouldn't be able to breathe if I had them!!

B2B999 Posts : 700 Registered: 12/7/07
Posted: May 17, 2009 9:59 PM Go to message in response to: Heidibride30

We're using hydrangeas too!

My bouquet is going to be blue hydrangea with white daisies, yellow roses, and sunflowers (and a few blue forget-me-nots), my MOH's is blue hydrangea w/ yellow roses, BMs are sunflowers and daisies, flower girl is going to be have a crown of sunflowers and daisies (and will be blowing bubbles since she asked if she could be the bubble girl instead of the flower girl and I thought it would be too cute to pass up - my ring bearer will also have a bubble machine). The bouts are going to be sunflowers for the groomsmen, the best (wo)man is going to be carrying a bouquet identical to the MOH, and then FH will have a bout of a yellow rose. The moms/grandmoms are going to get hydrangea corsages.

For centerpieces we're going to have sunflower, hydrangea, and daisies in cobalt blue vases.

I'm super excited about the flowers. Especially since we're growing everything except the roses ourselves and then our friend is a florist and is going to get us the roses for cost and do the arrangements for us.
When is my wedding

Posted: May 20, 2009 10:20 PM Go to message in response to: B2B999

B2B that sounds beautiful!!!

Posted: May 21, 2009 12:17 AM Go to message in response to: B2B999

The bubble girl idea sounds so adorable.

I am still trying to figure out how to incorperate my daughter in the wedding. She was a flower girl for my brothers wedding along with her cousin alley. Well I am not going to have alley involved in the wedding because she did not want to do it the last time. Well my daughter does not want to be a flower girl alone so I dunno if I want her to walk me down the aisle along with my dad or what?

Since everyone is sharing their flowers I can share mine since it is short. I am having white calla lilies and white roses with a white and red ribbon wrap. and MOH is white calla lilies with red roses and a black and red ribbon wrap. bouts groom and fathers have white calla lilies each one will be a little different and groomsmen will have red roses.

Anyone have ideas for my daughter she will be almost 6 when the wedding comes?

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine