Don't Dismiss The Adirondack Mountains

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4

jschaef Posts : 1 Registered: 5/13/09
Don't Dismiss The Adirondack Mountains
Posted: May 13, 2009 2:14 PM

Just because the rich and famous make the Adirondack Mountains a place to relax, vacation, play and have memorable celebrations, doesn't mean we all can't.

In our research we found the spot. Well, we found a couple, but we're focusing on Lake Placid Lodge.

When we were dating we used to occasionally go camping -- don't misunderstand me when I say the Lodge is a luxury camp in the great camp style. Look into it -- research it. It's unlike anything you've probably seen or experienced. I know we almost felt that way and we've stayed in drippy tents. ha! Of course, up until we experienced the Lodge.

When we started putting all the pieces together (the history of Lake Placid, the majesty of the High Peaks and the endless nightlife and shopping alongside extreme luxury and world-class chefs), we knew we found that place. That place. Our place.

In case you search for lake placid lodging, find Lake Placid Lodge and it's not quite right, there's always The Point Resort (this is the kind of place where it's so exclusive, they don't give out the address or directions till you actually book a stay).

We say, give the region a shot -- whether you agree with us on the final location or not, that's okay, we'd be wide open to hearing what you think though.

Thanks for letting us share. ~ Joe & Stephanie

kateo Posts : 18 Registered: 3/30/09
Re: Don't Dismiss The Adirondack Mountains
Posted: May 14, 2009 11:27 AM Go to message in response to: jschaef

The Adirondacks are beautiful, I would also recommend the Ozark Mountains, for those brides in Texas, Arkansas, Missouri, Oklahoma and Tennessee... these are the oldest mountains in the USA. This makes them more lke beautiful rolling hills, covered in trees and wildlife - with lakes, rivers and streams everywhere. The best luxury resort is set overlooking Lake Norfork - the views are amazing! Have a look at http://www.ozarkmountaincabinrental.com for more information.

Mrslinnben Posts : 2,285 Registered: 6/4/07
Posted: May 14, 2009 11:29 AM Go to message in response to: jschaef

Even though you are a vendor, The Adirondack Mtns are beautiful, I'm only 3 hrs south of Lake Placid!

"Be Here Now"  Senn Delaney

iloveaiden Posts : 49 Registered: 5/27/09
Posted: May 29, 2009 7:51 PM Go to message in response to: Mrslinnben

the cascades are beautiful as well on the west coast. simply gorgeous and breath taking.
Created by Wedding Favors

BeckiSou22 Posts : 65 Registered: 3/27/09
Posted: Jun 13, 2009 10:11 AM Go to message in response to: iloveaiden

Hey! I'm from about 1/2 an hour away from Lake Placid, It's a gorgeous area I loove it!! It's expecially gorgeous in the fall because you can see where all the leaves on the trees on the mountains are changing, its awesome. Theres decent shopping in the area too, and the olympic center is fun, you can go on bobsled rides and all kinds of cool stuff.
:-)

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine