Nightmares about wedding

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 10

BibliophileMom Posts : 80 Registered: 3/26/09
Nightmares about wedding
Posted: May 11, 2009 10:12 AM

Does anyone else have nightmares about their wedding/reception?

I dreamed last night that everyone ate pizza (which I bought for them, for some reason) right before the reception, so not a single person ate the caterer's food. I was freaking out about $1000 worth of food going to waste, plus the fact that the caterer was going to feel hurt that no one ate her food. Then, I was dancing with my daughter, and realized that I had forgotten to hire a DJ, so there was no music. Then, to top it all off, there was an explosion in the building. The end of the dream was me and all our guests standing outside, watching the building burn down, and I said "Hmm. Maybe I should have gotten wedding insurance after all. I wonder if we can re-book for next year."

Ack!

www.mywedding.com/Leaver2010

Bride2008 Posts : 3,058 Registered: 3/28/06
Re: Nightmares about wedding
Posted: May 11, 2009 10:24 AM Go to message in response to: BibliophileMom

Before the wedding, I used to have nightmares all of the time. The one I remember most clearly is that my limo pulled up to church and the whole building was missing. I think its normal since we put so much work into the weddings and worry so much about everything going well.

P.O.O.P.E.R. - People Offended by Offended People Executive Recruiter

CantWait2BMrsW Posts : 31 Registered: 2/13/09
Posted: May 11, 2009 11:30 AM Go to message in response to: BibliophileMom

I had a dream the other night that my dress and shoes were too small so I wore my work uniform! That would not make for pretty pictures haha

Our knot page:

http://weddings.theknot.com/pwp/view/co_main.aspx?legacct=1&coupleid=9734370333122500

DoesntPlayNice Posts : 809 Registered: 12/17/08
Posted: May 11, 2009 12:24 PM Go to message in response to: CantWait2BMrsW

I had dreams that I got to my wedding and no one had showed up. I think it is totally normal

Previously Posted as Military Bride.

CEO of E.N.E.M.A. (Enemy Negotiations & Extraction Military Agency) A special Division of P.O.O.P. (People Offended by Offended People)

When POOP can't do it alone....they call for the ENEMA.

CSUFgrad08 Posts : 114 Registered: 6/19/08
Posted: May 11, 2009 12:42 PM Go to message in response to: DoesntPlayNice

LOL! I recently had dream that my FH wore jeans and a polo shirt for our formal catholic ceremony..hahaha I threw the biggest fit in my dream! I thought it was hilarious when I woke up the next morning!

08divabride Posts : 831 Registered: 11/17/07
Posted: May 11, 2009 1:04 PM Go to message in response to: BibliophileMom

This is totally normal! I had a dream before my wedding, that several vendors were unpaid and when I asked my fiance for the rest of the money, he only gave me $25!!! I was panicking because nobody had any money. I believe we have the nightmares because we want everything to be perfect.

BeckiSou22 Posts : 65 Registered: 3/27/09
Posted: May 11, 2009 4:25 PM Go to message in response to: 08divabride

OMG I constantyl have nightmares about my wedding, I had one where I had forgotten to order flowers so my sister and i ran around town in our dresses stealing flowers from peoples yards, another that my wedding was in my grandmothers garage, another that my mother didnt show up and i was freaking out, and one where the bridesmaid dresses came in the morning of the wedding and they were the wrong ones, they were huge poofy frilly lacy horrible things..... yea... I think im stressed about the wedding lol

NikZilla Posts : 59 Registered: 9/21/08
Posted: May 11, 2009 5:50 PM Go to message in response to: BibliophileMom

I have night terrors about my wedding all the time. I even talked with my doc about it. In the dream it's always me forgeting something.
Smilewww.ewedding.com/sites/nackieSmile

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: May 11, 2009 9:31 PM Go to message in response to: BibliophileMom

I think I'm officially getting close to the wedding.... I had my first wedding nightmare Sunday night.

First... the freakin cake people didn't show up on time and when they did, they dropped our cake BEFORE I got to see it (FH and I designed our cake, so right now, it is just a sketch in my mind and I want to see it!)

We're also using credit cards to pay for the wedding (Before anyone comes in and says "noo.... don't do that!" please know: We're doing it so we have the protections offered by the credit card companies, and we're paying the balances). But in my dream/nightmare -- none of my cards would work... And I couldn't pay my vendors. It was awful.

I didn't get all the food made. (Yes, FH convinced me that we could make our food. This is scaring the heck out of me....though tonight, I did just make a kick ass chicken salad... canned chicken, slivvered almonds, grapes, salt, pepper, and plain yogurt...no mayo. I hate mayo. It was awesome and it might end up on the menu at the reception) Completely forgot the drinks

It was just like every where I turned, some part of the plans were unravelling.

And everytime I went back to sleep, some new wedding disaster occured. It was horrid.

Misty

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: May 12, 2009 6:21 PM Go to message in response to: BibliophileMom

I used to have a reoccuring nightmare that we forgot the marriage license. Richard forgot my ring instead. Good thing you don't need to have a ring to get married.

Mrs. Pinky

Photobucket

Keyholder of the TP Cabinet of P.O.O.P.

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 14, 2012 3:24 PM Go to message in response to: BibliophileMom

Jennifer Bridal Dress Show, Starting from 229.99USD
Click Here: http://www.jenniferbridal.com/jennifer-bridal-dress-p-45687.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com